Logic is Illogical

• Ok, I admit I'm still new-ish to anime(2 years and counting) but there's something I've noticed in a lot of anime. Logic is twisted by characters and used to their advantage. There are so many paradoxes that people take advantage of, it's not even funny. I mean if you want a clear cut example then see Classroom of the Elite. The mc is insane on so many levels(if you've seen it then you know what I mean). Even around us our own logic is twisted and changed constantly. There is no straight logic. Sometimes I feel as though the world itself is confuzzled. We are constantly learning new things which change our opinion. This opinion is our logic. Therefore logic is Illogical. ( on a side note this idea is entirely based on the anime I've watched and observations of paradoxes I've noticed. You don't have to agree. In fact feel free to argue, that just makes this idea verified by illogical logic.)

• alt text

• It's called anime logic. In Western Media it's called "plot device", like Red Herrings and Deus Ex Machina.

Take for example "Heavy Object" Frolaytia says she joined the military to get away from male suitors, because she is the only female born into her father's lineage, and everyone assumes that she will bear a male heir. In reality, since females have XX chromosomes and males have XY chromosomes, the male is the only partner who determines the sex of a child.

Dragon Ball Z is completely based on Deus Ex Machina.

• To quote Captain Janeway "“You can use logic to justify just about anything, that's its power and it's flaw.”"