Subtitled Properties Leaving FunimationNow - 12/22/2017

• The below subtitled series will be removed from FunimationNow on December 22, 2017. All are currently available on Crunchyroll. The dubs will remain on FunimationNow.

• Black Butler Season 2
    • Excel Saga
    • UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie
    • Yu Yu Hakusho Season 2

• If SpacenanHardy's thread is correct though, Black Butler will be gone in June 2018

• @HOOfan1 Only the sub is leaving for now, but yes, when that time comes the dub will be leaving too.

• @GalaxyCrisis said in Subtitled Properties Leaving FunimationNow - 12/22/2017:

@HOOfan1 Only the sub is leaving for now, but yes, when that time comes the dub will be leaving too.

that's what I meant. Just warning people that they only have a little over 6 months to watch the dub....thank Aniplex

• @HOOfan1 said in Subtitled Properties Leaving FunimationNow - 12/22/2017:

that's what I meant. Just warning people that they only have a little over 6 months to watch the dub....thank Aniplex

Going to have to get my hands on Book of Circus soon then. Can't trust Aniplex these days. I was hoping to get it before may anyway.

• @korrailli said in Subtitled Properties Leaving FunimationNow - 12/22/2017:

@HOOfan1 said in Subtitled Properties Leaving FunimationNow - 12/22/2017:

Going to have to get my hands on Book of Circus soon then. Can't trust Aniplex these days. I was hoping to get it before may anyway.

The Book of Circus license goes until 2022 according to this https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/8036/the-official-expiring-aniplex-titles-master-list?page=1

• When will the subtitled version of Saiki K be leaving? Since Funi did not bother building in language filtering ability into the Roku app, trying to binge watch the dub episodes Saiki K can be irritating. For this series when the a dub episode ends, the next five "episodes" in line are usually subbed specials/mini-episodes. If there was an English filter, it would just skip over the specials to the next dub episode, but instead it will play the five subbed specials before playing the next dub episode. For this show at least, the poor design of the app could be mitigated if the subbed episodes went to Crunchy and were removed from Funi's website.

• @quertermous No telling. However, even if there was a language filter, that would not help. The marathon would still go to the next video in sequence after playing the English dubbed longform episodes, in this case the Japanese-only short episode.

Normally, this isn't an issue. However, Saiki K is a bit of an edge case. The longform episodes are made up of 5 or 6 shortform episodes. Only the longform episodes were dubbed. The Digital Team set the sequence to include both the shortform and longform episodes, so even when you watch it in Japanese, that means that you still have to manually skip through the short episodes. It's not possible for a Show to have multiple sequences, so really the only way we could fix it without changing the logic or each of the apps would be to either remove the short episodes since the longform episodes are the same, put all the shortform in their own season and change the sequence to put those episodes first or last, or to make a separate Japanese-only show page for them.

This situation is especially annoying in Roku, which doesn't have a Next button in the player.

I'll see what can be done, though, as I also found it annoying even though I was watching it subbed. I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I can make a better argument for change when we have customers reporting an issue. Thanks!