Why isn't the SAO2 dub available on any streaming services?

• First of all, before you comment "just watch the sub", I just want to make it clear that I'm a dubs-only watcher. Anyway, it's weird how Netflix, Hulu, and even Crunchyroll all have the dub for the first season of SAO, but none of them have the dub for the second season, only the sub. I know it's impossible for it to be added here, since Funimation didn't make the dub, but you'd expect at least one of the services I listed above to have it. I really want to be able to legally watch SAO2 dubbed on my TV screen, and not on my small laptop screen on some website I can't mention.

• No one really knows why. Some think it's because Toonami has exclusive streaming rights to the dub, others think that Aniplex is refusing to put it up to help encourage DVD and bluray sales. But as of now, those are only speculation.

The same thing is true with the dub for Kill la Kill. For some reason, Aniplex just refuses to make these two dubs available for streaming.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Why isn't the SAO2 dub available on any streaming services?:

No one really knows why. Some think it's because Toonami has exclusive streaming rights to the dub, others think that Aniplex is refusing to put it up to help encourage DVD and bluray sales. But as of now, those are only speculation.

The same thing is true with the dub for Kill la Kill. For some reason, Aniplex just refuses to make these two dubs available for streaming.

Adult Swim doesn't list either series on their site anymore, so I take that to mean their license for it expired.

Only thing I can think of is maybe Aniplex is holding out until they do a special collectors edition release for the entire series.

• Can't find my reference at the moment, but seem to remember something about another season and a spin-off for the series announced for 2018. It seems that they would want to create as much buzz for that as possible. Not directly related to the question, but really doesn't add up.

• Because Aniplex is the worst? Nothing like gating a show and a show and its dub behind a big fat paywall. Just stream Baccano and the original FMA somewhere....