Home media slipcovers

• So, I guess I'm probably weird, but I like the slipcovers that come on Funimation home media. I ordered Seasons 2 and 3 and the OVAs of Black Butler from Amazon when the were about 50% off and due to the impending license expiration, and two of them came without slip covers. When I ordered Season 3 of High School DXD, it also came without a slip cover. With my weird compulsion, I just think how unmatched they will look when I put them in a bookcase.

Amazon also ships games and blurays in bubble mailers these days so the slip covers often get bent and crushed on the edges, something else that annoys me.

It's almost enough to make me order from Right Stuf or Funimation even when Amazon is cheaper. Right Stuf has the best packaging I have ever seen and Funimation does fairly well too.

Does anyone else like the slip covers and prefer to have all boxes from a series match?

• It kinda drives me nuts when they don't come with a slip cover, I think it looks so much nicer with one

• I ordered a bunch of stuff during their sale last week. I think 3 or 4 of the items I ordered had slip covers. Every single one of them was mildly damaged in some way. The old distro center seemed to do a good job packaging stuff, this new one, not so much.

• I had no problems with the distribution center in Neenah, Wisconsin.

• @HOOfan1 My brother's like that, too.

• I ordered a bunch of Funimation stuff from Right Stuf too, it came in today...everything was in pristine condition

• It's funny because I see the slip covers as a waste of paper lol. That adds about 3 seconds between me and watching anime. They 99% of the time are just the same as the BD cover, but oh well, if you enjoy them Good for you.

• I like to get my slipcovers autographed. Otherwise I'd have to use the DVD insert, and those are a pain to get back in the case just right.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Home media slipcovers:

I like to get my slipcovers autographed. Otherwise I'd have to use the DVD insert, and those are a pain to get back in the case just right.

But then the autograph can rub off. I prefer to get the inset signed so it can be safe.

• The slip covers give them a more square look which I like and the inserts look kind of dull behind the not so clear plastic on the Bluray cases, plus the plastic can be wrinkly. I think the colors on slip covers just pop more.

• I used to not care for the slipcovers of DVDs and Blu-Rays as I thought it was a piece of useless cardboard.