Space Battleship Yamato 2199

• I'm actually excited as having imported this series from Japan it's nice to see it finally get a dub so I can buy it again lol. It's a modern retelling of the classic series and it does a fantastic job in doing so.

It's definitely worth a watch if you like military Fiction and Science Fiction in general.

• This is amazing. I really didn't think the day would come when someone would acquire rights to Dub "Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199".

I grew up watching the old "Star Blazers" on TBS channel 17 here in Atlanta. It was the show that introduced me to Anime (along with Battle of the Planets [aka Gatchaman]) and I remember rushing home from school every day to make sure I didn't miss an episode. I was on the edge of my seat every day, wondering (as only a kid can) if the Earth would be saved by the Star Force.

Having seen clips of 2199 at a local anime convention panel (talking about the series, how it was updated, and how important it was in getting kids here in the US to watch Anime) - I was whisked away to my childhood again, amazed at how well the new series looked. But knowing the history of the franchise, I despaired of it ever getting licensed here in the US for the foreseeable future.

Thank you, Gen Fukunaga & the whole Funimation licensing team. You have made a closely held dream of mine come true, and I eagerly look forward to the first Simuldub episode!

• Well, I'm glad that 2199 is actually getting a dub (either in house or Bang Zoom)

If FUNIMATION has 2199, I guess that they may get the original. If not, that's ok.