Android TV App Known Issues & Updates
This is the official thread for FunimationNow Android TV App support. Please follow this thread for updates to the app and the status of any reported issues. You may also report any issues not listed here and/or ask questions about the app.
⚠️ Assessing issue
🚩 Open Issue
🏁 Issue fixed and ready for deploy
❌Issue cannot be fixed
✅ Fixed Issue
Playback jumps back 15 seconds and repeats, then continues playback. (10486)
a. Status: 🚩 Will be fixed as part of video player refactor.
b. This is a bug with the third party player we are using.
Videos display a territory error or "Unable to Play the Video at this time". (9866)
a. Status: Re-opened
- Genre images have the genre named burned into the image and not displayed below each image.
a. Status: 🚩 Fix just needs to be verified by Funimation. Then it can be pushed to Prod.
- Both languages displayed in the audio selector even when a language is not available for the selected version. (9669)
a. Status: Fix is in progress. It's waiting on another issue to be fixed.
- Continue Watching button appears even when a Show has no active videos. (9962)
a. Status: 🚩 Reopened.
- Correct progress bar not appearing based on version/language watched when multiple languages/versions have been watched. (9670)
a. Status: Fix in progress.
- User is logged out every 24-hours, but it still appears as if the user is logged in. This causes playback issues because now the app is treating the user as anonymous instead of as a logged-in Premium user.
a. 🚩 Fix is ready and just needs to be deployed to the live app.
Tips & Troubleshooting