The Testament of Sister New Devil Season 2

• Is there a release date for the dub of season 2? I hope they don't wait forever to do it.

• None yet. Someone said they think somewhere between February and April.

I imagine that it will be available for pre-order as soon as they announce a release date.

• Testament's second season aired 6 months after the end of the 1st season. Funimation's policy is to usually take 4 months between releases for older shows with 2 parts (Gosick, Heavy Object, for example) So that's why the between February - April time frame was suggested.

• It's probably good to note that Japan is going to be releasing a box set that contains both seasons in February so kodakawa and IMS could delay the release because of that. We also have to hope the crunchy x funi partnership lasts till it gets released.

• @lcdude said in The Testament of Sister New Devil Season 2:

It's probably good to note that Japan is going to be releasing a box set that contains both seasons in February so kodakawa and IMS could delay the release because of that. We also have to hope the crunchy x funi partnership lasts till it gets released.

Even if CR and Funimation's partnership ends, I think season 2 is already a done deal. It suppose the Japanese Publishers don't want it released in the US before they can release theirs because the US release has Japanese audio? Then again, season 2 was already released by itself in Japan, so I can't imagine delaying the US release of Season 2 alone to boost sales of the complete series in Japan

• @HOOfan1 it is Kadokawa after all and that same reason is one of the theories for why the Hybrid x Heart release was cancelled.

• @lcdude said in The Testament of Sister New Devil Season 2:

@HOOfan1 it is Kadokawa after all and that same reason is one of the theories for why the Hybrid x Heart release was cancelled.

Well supposedly delayed...at least according to what Anime News Network says that Funimation told them.

At the same time, wouldn't Kodokawa have known that when they licensed it to Crunchyroll and gave the okay for Funimation to release it? Stuff like that should have been ironed out before the announcement and a release date was set.

• Ideally, yes, that would make the most sense. Unfortunately, stuff like this happens quite a bit