Winter 2018 Anime U.S. & Canada Licenses Streaming Rights

• You ever notice that I seem to have to start these up earlier and earlier now? That's because announcements are coming out several months in advance more and more nowadays so you gotta keep your eye on the ball to keep track of every single one of them. So since I think we're basically wrapped with Fall updates now I think now's a good time to start prepping for the new year.

Little note, while I don't usually tend to bring over two-cour, continuous seasonal stuff over between seasons if it runs for more than one season, I tend to make an exception when starting out fresh for the new year. So expect second-cour shows from Fall continuing to the winter to stick on here too. There's already several likely sequels plus confirmed titles to work with already so we got some work cut out for us. So let's get this out of the way and get this list set up!

For those who would like to see where the following titles are listed and to know what else is coming out in the Winter 2018 Anime Season check the following:

https://www.livechart.me/winter-2018/tv

Amazon / Prime Video
    After the Rain
    Beatless
    Killing Bites
    KOKKOKU

Aniplex of America
    March comes like a lion Season 2
    Record of Grancrest War
    Slow Start
    Today's MENU for EMIYA Family

Crunchyroll
    A Place Further Than the Universe
    Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls
    Black Clover
    Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card
    citrus
    Dagashi Kashi 2
    DARLING in the FRANXX
    Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody
    GARO: Vanishing Line
    gdgd men's party
    Gintama: Silver Soul Arc
    Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
    HAKYU HOSHIN ENGI
    Hitori no Shita - The Outcast 2
    How to Keep a Mummy
    IDOLiSH7
    KAIJU GIRLS Season 2
    KARAKAI JOZU NO TAKAGI-SAN
    Katana Maidens ~ Toji no Miko
    Laid-Back Camp
    Maerchen Maedchen
    Mitchiri Neko
    Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles
    Overlord II
    Pop Team Epic
    School Babysitters
    The Ancient Magus Bride
    The Junji Ito Collection
    The Ryuo's Work is Never Done
    The Silver Guardian 2
    Time Bokan: The Villains' Strike Back
    Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru 2
    Working Buddies!
    Yowamushi Pedal: Glory Line

Funimation
    Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (DUB)
    Black Clover (DUB)
    Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Club (DUB)
    citrus (DUB)
    Dagashi Kashi 2 (DUB)
    DARLING in the FRANXX (DUB)
    Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (DUB)
    GARO: Vanishing Line (DUB)
    Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens (DUB)
    HAKYU HOSHIN ENGI (DUB)
    KARAKAI JOZU NO TAKAGI-SAN (DUB)
    Katana Maidens ~ Toji no Miko (DUB)
    Overlord II (DUB)
    Pop Team Epic (DUB)
    The Ancient Magus Bride (DUB)
    The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Season 2 *
    The Junji Ito Collection (DUB)
    The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandements (DVD/BD Only) *
    The Silver Guardian 2 (DUB)
    Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru 2 (DUB)

Netflix
    A.I.C.O. -Incarnation-
    B: The Beginning
    Devilman: Crybaby
    Fate/EXTRA: Last Encore
    The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandements *
    Violet Evergarden

Pony Canyon USA
    Sanrio Boys *

Sentai Filmworks
    ClassicaLoid Season 2
    DAMEPRI ANIME CARAVAN
    Hakumei and Mikochi
    Mitsuboshi Colors
    Pop Team Epic
    Takunomi
    The Seven Heavenly Virtues

Viz Media
    Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
    Mr. Osomatsu Season 2

'*' = Not officially confirmed

• @classyspartan maybe add "Gintama" to Crunchyroll with an asterisk as I'm pretty sure I read it's just going to do all the comedy arcs then go straight to the final arc which would take more than 1 cour.

• @Doublethree100 said in Winter 2018 Anime U.S. & Canada Licenses Streaming Rights:

@classyspartan maybe add "Gintama" to Crunchyroll with an asterisk as I'm pretty sure I read it's just going to do all the comedy arcs then go straight to the final arc which would take more than 1 cour.

Yeah good idea. Wasn't gonna remember all of them but I'll add that one.

• You're missing Overlord 2 for Crunchyroll

• @MidnightAoshi It would probably be in the same situation as the entry in the Funimation category: "not officially confirmed." For all we know, that season might start in the spring instead.

@classyspartan I know this one is quite in advance, but it was announced recently that Attack on Titan season 3 will start next July, so that's one for next summer's streaming rights thread.

• I saw that Galaxy, but I'll cross that road when we get there. Though Funimation was nice enough to let us know they had both Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia's 3rd seasons in advance. So I'm not gonna update that till later.

As for Overlord, that was one of those shows that existed before the Funi-Roll deal. The odds of it's second season going on CR are high and likely, but for the time being it is currently expected to be on Funimation at least. Reason I put Silver Guardian and Touken Ranbu on for CR is that those came out literally at the start of the Funi-Roll deal.

So you're probably right I'm just keeping it off the CR section right now until the time comes for them to officially confirm it for themselves.

• Okay I guess?

• @Doublethree100 said in Winter 2018 Anime U.S. & Canada Licenses Streaming Rights:

@classyspartan maybe add "Gintama" to Crunchyroll with an asterisk as I'm pretty sure I read it's just going to do all the comedy arcs then go straight to the final arc which would take more than 1 cour.

Honestly I get the feeling that the return to the serious arc will wind up being a separate "production."

• @crimsonechidna I was expecting that too but I know they said "it's called 'Gintama.' because it's the final season" and taking two extended breaks while keeping that name and theme seems to be pushing it.

• http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-31/killing-bites-anime-reveals-teaser-video-visuals-cast-theme-songs/.123436

Killing Bites anime has been confirmed for the Animeism block. Since Amazon has exclusive rights to streaming shows on Animeism, that's basically confirmed to be going to them now.

• @classyspartan Last I check that show didn't even have a release date we get an update and it's this, damn.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again now that Sony owns funimation ecchi shows are going to be very few and far between and they'll default to Amazon and Sentai and get subbed-only releases. That's all I'm going to say on that subject.

• If you're going to be obnoxious about this, at least save it for times when it makes sense. Please

• @lcdude it's an Animeism show. Amazon signed an exclusivity with Animeism to get all their shows.
    MBS is probably part of the production committee and put it there. This has nothing to do with Funimation or Sony.

• @Doublethree100 Well fine I'll admit I didn't know that, but I'm still going to believe that things will be changing probably for the worse.

• @lcdude
    Trust me, nothing will change against our favor. What leads you to believe such nonsense?

• Aniplex, while owned by a different division has a bunch of ecchi anime. Oreimo, Eromanga Sensei, Oreshura, Saekano. None of those are as risque as say High School DxD or Testament of Sister New Devil, but I think it will be interesting to see what content the Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel movies have.

What about Sony Pictures makes anyone think they will curtail the fan service anime from Funimation, other than just general pessimism?

• @HOOfan1 because icdude seems to believe everyone in the world but Gen Fukunaga wants to remove the anime tiddy from existence. We're talking about a company that released an animated movie about a sausage filled with sexual humour. I don't see why anyone would think they have something against animated nudity.

Because Lcdude seems to believe everyone in the world but Gen Fukunaga wants to remove the anime tiddy from existence.

Fake news. Media Blasters is pretty tight too, and I don't believe everyone else wants to remove it from existence because that isn't possible because Japan will continue to make them wether they are licensed or not right up till Japan's declining birth rate ends Japan's existence. You don't even know what I believe anymore.

• This post is deleted!

• Koi wa Ameagari no You ni will air on Fuji TV's Noitamina programming block :/ another one bites the dust

• @AntonioG that was announced at a noitaminA event though so that was confirmed from the original announcement.