Date A Live Season 3 announced

• I know some friends of mine who are going to be very happy at this news.

• Moved this to the official Date-A-Live forum. Please post any and all future related threads there.

• You know, I've been thinking: If Funimation licenses and dubs this (and I'm sure they will), which VAs do you think would do the English-dubbed voices of the following new characters (because judging from the photo, I'd say volumes 8-11 will be adapted)?:

Natsumi: Luci Christian (both young and adult)
    Karen Nora Mathers: Either Caitlin Glass or Mikaela Krantz
    Elliot Baldwin Woodman*: Either Brandon Potter or Phil Parsons
    Roger Murdoch: Kent Williams or Bryan Massey

Who do you think would best suit these characters?

*Okay, this one is not new to the anime (he appeared in the second season), but since Ed Blaylock passed away, I'm sure Elliot could use a new English VA.

• I'm so pumped for this I've been hoping for this since season 2.

One thing I do hope that happens though is that maybe if Funimation is able to get rights to dub and distribute it is the movie as well so it all connects together (I will admit I haven't seen the movie but I'm guessing that theirs certain things that'll add to the story. But I know it can take years for that kind of stuff.)

• @kenpachi007 said in Date A Live Season 3 announced:

I'm so pumped for this I've been hoping for this since season 2.

One thing I do hope that happens though is that maybe if Funimation is able to get rights to dub and distribute it is the movie as well so it all connects together (I will admit I haven't seen the movie but I'm guessing that theirs certain things that'll add to the story. But I know it can take years for that kind of stuff.)

The movie is a stand alone, and they pretty much could ignore it for S3, if they wish to. I'd still like to see it licensed over here though, but that's all up to Kadokawa.

• @Series5Ranger said in Date A Live Season 3 announced:

@kenpachi007 said in Date A Live Season 3 announced:

I'm so pumped for this I've been hoping for this since season 2.

The movie is a stand alone, and they pretty much could ignore it for S3, if they wish to. I'd still like to see it licensed over here though, but that's all up to Kadokawa.

Oh, ok thanks for letting me know :) I'm half in a sense so if it doesn't get a dub and western realese there won't be any missing stuff.

But yeah if Kadokawa would allow FUNimation to dub and distribute I'd (and I'm guessing many others) would be happy.

• @kenpachi007 glad not half sorry about that on my phone so automatically correct may have happened.

• Are you saying Kadokawa is forbidding the release of the Date A Live Movie outside of japan? Why would they do that?

Again, these Japanese companies are unforgiving and controlling. Its just not fair that such companies are not very open to negotiations that even money might not buy the rights you want.

I am also hoping that Funimation could license season 3 of Date A Live. I would like to see how the story continues.

• @Spaceshotx7 said in Date A Live Season 3 announced:

Are you saying Kadokawa is forbidding the release of the Date A Live Movie outside of japan? Why would they do that?

no one said that

• I think I'll be looking forward to this. It has more fanservice than I'm comfortable with, but I think I can enjoy the rest anyway.

• According to this link, Production IMS is going under (which could explain why they haven't been doing anything new this past year).

But I seriously doubt this is going to affect Date A Live season 3 (let alone any possible future season of an anime they've done based on a manga or light novel).

Furthermore, Kadokawa and Fantasia Bunko made the announcement of season 3, not IMS.

• Read through the link, but didn't see anything about bankruptcy filing. It was mentioned several times that they had not been paying their creditors, but are still actively conducting business. Best advice would be to wait for a more concrete announcement because this whole piece sounds a bit like gossip to me.

• @pleco_breeder
    Okay. Apologies.

But the studio really is going under. I mean, aside from the upcoming Testament of Sister New Devil OVA, they haven't done any new projects over the past year.

• Based on what was in the link, I don't doubt that they're on hard times at the moment. To get a bad name in regards to paying debt is definitely a sign of a downhill slide. I would be cautious about assuming that the studio isn't doing anything though. A lot of the work done by anime studios is work done for outside projects with artists or resources contracted to assisting other media or advertising. Just because they only have one project announced under their studio brand is a far cry from having nothing. Very few studios have the financial backing to sustain much of a break from work before completely going under. A couple months with no contract work and a year of no branded releases is a dead studio.

• sounds like the situation with Game developer Crytek. I wonder if another animation studio can be given Date A Live...would hate to see this mean the death of season 3.

I also hope this doesn't affect the NA release of Testament of Sister New Devil Burst or Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy

• @HOOfan1 said in Date A Live Season 3 announced:

I wonder if another animation studio can be given Date A Live

The original season of Date A Live was done by AIC Plus+ so I'm sure it could

@HOOfan1 said in Date A Live Season 3 announced:

I also hope this doesn't affect the NA release of Testament of Sister New Devil Burst or Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy

it shouldn't. That would be up to the publisher (I think Kadokawa for both) not the animation studio (unless it happened to be the same which is really rare).

• It still has to be realized that all of this information is coming secondhand. This is part of why I stated that the original link sounded kind of like gossip. If an animator is not being paid, they would be MUCH more likely to state this personally in order to put stress on the studio rather than a third person smear campaign. I can understand not wanting to put yourself out there as the originator of such claims if you're dependent upon a specific job (and animator work is difficult to come by). However, since this is now referring to a single specific animator, BOTH parties would be fully aware of the situation if there were a valid complaint. There's no longer a reason reason to maintain anonymity, and a public claim would provide a reason for the studio to pay since a bad name will discourage further business with them by not only animators, but production committees. That would be the final nail in their coffin assuming the "so far" rumors are true.