Date A Live Season 3 announced

• I know some friends of mine who are going to be very happy at this news.

• Moved this to the official Date-A-Live forum. Please post any and all future related threads there.

• You know, I've been thinking: If Funimation licenses and dubs this (and I'm sure they will), which VAs do you think would do the English-dubbed voices of the following new characters (because judging from the photo, I'd say volumes 8-11 will be adapted)?:

Natsumi: Luci Christian (both young and adult)
    Karen Nora Mathers: Either Caitlin Glass or Mikaela Krantz
    Elliot Baldwin Woodman*: Either Brandon Potter or Phil Parsons
    Roger Murdoch: Kent Williams or Bryan Massey

Who do you think would best suit these characters?

*Okay, this one is not new to the anime (he appeared in the second season), but since Ed Blaylock passed away, I'm sure Elliot could use a new English VA.

• I'm so pumped for this I've been hoping for this since season 2.

One thing I do hope that happens though is that maybe if Funimation is able to get rights to dub and distribute it is the movie as well so it all connects together (I will admit I haven't seen the movie but I'm guessing that theirs certain things that'll add to the story. But I know it can take years for that kind of stuff.)

• @kenpachi007 said in Date A Live Season 3 announced:

I'm so pumped for this I've been hoping for this since season 2.

One thing I do hope that happens though is that maybe if Funimation is able to get rights to dub and distribute it is the movie as well so it all connects together (I will admit I haven't seen the movie but I'm guessing that theirs certain things that'll add to the story. But I know it can take years for that kind of stuff.)

The movie is a stand alone, and they pretty much could ignore it for S3, if they wish to. I'd still like to see it licensed over here though, but that's all up to Kadokawa.

• @Series5Ranger said in Date A Live Season 3 announced:

@kenpachi007 said in Date A Live Season 3 announced:

I'm so pumped for this I've been hoping for this since season 2.

The movie is a stand alone, and they pretty much could ignore it for S3, if they wish to. I'd still like to see it licensed over here though, but that's all up to Kadokawa.

Oh, ok thanks for letting me know :) I'm half in a sense so if it doesn't get a dub and western realese there won't be any missing stuff.

But yeah if Kadokawa would allow FUNimation to dub and distribute I'd (and I'm guessing many others) would be happy.

• @kenpachi007 glad not half sorry about that on my phone so automatically correct may have happened.

• Are you saying Kadokawa is forbidding the release of the Date A Live Movie outside of japan? Why would they do that?

Again, these Japanese companies are unforgiving and controlling. Its just not fair that such companies are not very open to negotiations that even money might not buy the rights you want.

I am also hoping that Funimation could license season 3 of Date A Live. I would like to see how the story continues.

• @Spaceshotx7 said in Date A Live Season 3 announced:

Are you saying Kadokawa is forbidding the release of the Date A Live Movie outside of japan? Why would they do that?

no one said that

• I think I'll be looking forward to this. It has more fanservice than I'm comfortable with, but I think I can enjoy the rest anyway.