Happy "Get to know your customers" Day!

• Happy Thursday & Get To Know Your Customers Day everyone, "Customer" sounds very cold and uninviting to me, so let's warm it up by learning a bit about each of you! Something unique? Something quirky? Let's play "TWO TRUTHS AND A LIE"!

*Rules: List three statements about yourself. Two are true, one is a lie. HONOR SYSTEM- Feel free to mix them up, the more creative the better! Other users must guess which is the lie!

I'll start us off:

1. I had a video game world record on Grand Theft Auto V.
    2. I've never seen the movie Akira.
    3. I won a high school state championship in Basketball.

GO!

• I'm gonna guess the GTAV one is the lie.

• Go watch Akira Jay

1. I have more anime than I do video games now
    2. I make beer
    3. I have played the same game for over 12 years.

• @SpacemanHardy

Nope! I had the fastest global time on a track for about a month!

0_1508433942326_world record.jpg

@pikagreg163

I've never watched it all the way through! I'm on it I'm on it!

• @pikagreg163 said in Happy "Get to know your customers" Day!:

Go watch Akira Jay

2. I make beer

2) I make beer. No sommelier of such a fine adult beverage would say "I make beer" without going into depth about IPAs, Stouts, Hefs, Red ...

• I supposed I'll have a go.

1. I graduated high school at the age of 16.
    2. I have an extremely sensitive sense of smell.
    3. I once ate four 1lb. burritos in single sitting.

• @JayHairston said in Happy "Get to know your customers" Day!:

@pikagreg163 said in Happy "Get to know your customers" Day!:

Go watch Akira Jay

2. I make beer

2) I make beer. No sommelier of such a fine adult beverage would say "I make beer" without going into depth about IPAs, Stouts, Hefs, Red ...

Heading to my homebrew club meeting right after work today! :p Me and my bro have an American wheat beer and a blonde ready to bring tonight. Next up is something pitch black like an Imperial Stout that should be nice by Christmas.

• @pikagreg163 I'm going to assume the lie is about the anime & video games.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Happy "Get to know your customers" Day!:

I supposed I'll have a go.

1. I graduated high school at the age of 16.
    2. I have an extremely sensitive sense of smell.
    3. I once ate four 1lb. burritos in single sitting.

Oooo... good ones. Gonna say the early high school graduation is the culprit.

• @SpacemanHardy Yup! Though my anime collection is definitely creeping up on my games.

• @JayHairston Actually, no! I did indeed graduate at the age of 16, with a special award in science, nonetheless!! I also placed within the top 50 in the nation the year I took my ACT.

I was smart once. I don't know what happened. O_o

1. I am an alumnus of the University of Virginia College at Wise
    2. I own a vehicle that is 35 years old that has less than 70K miles and a vehicle that is 13 years old with almost 200K miles
    3. I've seen Akira several times and don't think it is very good.

• @HOOfan1 said in Happy "Get to know your customers" Day!:

2. I own a vehicle that is 35 years old that has less than 70K miles and a vehicle that is 13 years old with almost 200K miles

These are very specific, which makes it all the harder.

Gonna go with....

Seems too elaborate.

• @JayHairston said in Happy "Get to know your customers" Day!:

@HOOfan1 said in Happy "Get to know your customers" Day!:

These are very specific, which makes it all the harder.

Gonna go with....

Seems too elaborate.

Nope, that one is true. 1983 Ford Ranger (bought in 1982) with about 65K miles. 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 193K miles

• I'll stab at it.

1. I have something close to 4,000 hours logged in a single game (that sadly no longer has service and don't have a pic to back it up). My own goal was to reach 1 billion exp but I came up short at 650 million.
    2. Even though I identify as a Star Wars fan first, I actually have spent more money on the Hyperdimension Neptunia merch/games. That's not to say I don't have a lot of Star Wars stuff, the Neptunia figures are super expensive.
    3. I have never played any Nintendo IP (save for pokemon) to completion in the mainline series (metroid and super mario for example), but I do/did however own all the Nintendo consoles and all those mainline serieses games.

• @darthrutsula40 said in Happy "Get to know your customers" Day!:

I'll stab at it.

1. I have something close to 4,000 hours logged in a single game (that sadly no longer has service and don't have a pic to back it up). My own goal was to reach 1 billion exp but I came up short at 650 million.
    2. Even though I identify as a Star Wars fan first, I actually have spent more money on the Hyperdimension Neptunia merch/games. That's not to say I don't have a lot of Star Wars stuff, the Neptunia figures are super expensive.
    3. I have never played any Nintendo IP (save for pokemon) to completion in the mainline series (metroid and super mario for example), but I do/did however own all the Nintendo consoles and all those mainline serieses games.

Well we know 2 is true lol....
    1 is probably a sunsetted MMO and 4000 hours is only 166 days so I belive that one too. (I have over 453 days play time in FFXI)

3 has to be the lie...

• @Series5Ranger said in Happy "Get to know your customers" Day!:

@darthrutsula40 said in Happy "Get to know your customers" Day!:

I'll stab at it.

Well we know 2 is true lol....
    1 is probably a sunsetted MMO and 4000 hours is only 166 days so I belive that one too. (I have over 453 days play time in FFXI)

3 has to be the lie...

Metroid (except Prime) and Starfox games have never entered my house.

Really? 166? I think I was approaching that in swtor (in probably 1/3 the time)... But I also wasn't someone who left a game running on AFK, some of my friends had 3x my playtime but that was because the console was never off.

0_1508463058105_yhfgjxk.jpg

She ain't small that's for sure.

However

0_1508463365770_srdtgjfhg.jpg

I'm actually quite well read. The two best books I have ever read were Star Wars Decieved and The Essential Guide to the Force. You can probably guess how I felt about losing the old canon.

alt text

• Hmm...

1. Everything I type is a lie.

2. I am lying now.

3. I like big trucks and I cannot lie!

• Hello once again Moderator SpacemanHardy,

I don't mean to crash this thread, however, just had to take a moment to thank you for locking that "make FUN great thread" as that quickly turned into re-fried vomit. As many of you know (who know me) i generally do not like the "locking" of threads, however, what SpacemanHardy did, was a public service in that regard. I think it behooves all of us, to stop what we are doing, and put "kudos" at the place where SpacemanHardy locked the thread.

Also, if @MRy27 is still interested, i discuss the VN brought up in that aforementioned thread here.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• @Nobu said in Happy "Get to know your customers" Day!:

Hmm...

1. Everything I type is a lie.

If everything you type was a lie, you'd never tell the truth. Meaning every forum post, every piece of school/job work would be a lie. Hell, even your Funimation Username and Password would be incorrect, as you'd be typing a lie. Hence THAT is a lie.

• Let's take a stab:

1. I'm qualified to be an instructor in Karate, and Tai-Chi.
    2. In my mid/late teens I was a professional theatrical actor and director, I still occasionally do amateur stuff on the side.
    3. I'm a published video game and mobile application developer.