New & Fixed BB Codes!

• By user request, I've added some new BB codes to the forum.

New! ^_^
    Spoiler

! An egregious spoiler

Find out what happens at the end of Ninja Blood War Host Club in Space.

! They all die.
    Relative URL
    [relurl=shows/dragon-ball-z/anime]Dragon Ball Z[/relurl]
    [relurl=shows/dragon-ball-z/anime]Dragon Ball Z[/relurl]

Show Site URL
    [show=dragon-ball-z]Dragon Ball Z[/show]

For now, you need to provide the hyphens that appear in the places of spaces and special characters for this bb code to work. If you want to give me the replacement text for that, I would be grateful and will give you a fancy badge when we implement that feature.

Horizontal Rule
    [line][/line]
    [line][/line]

Fixed!
    Strike-Thru
    Strike Thru

Underline
    Underline

Italics
    Underline

• Woot, underline and italics will be really useful for when I get to putting Guides for certain series back up again. ^_^

Also, oh noes! Now I know what happens in Ninja Blood War Host Club in Space, gah. I guess I'll just have to skip ahead to the sequel series - NBWHCiS Shippuden Final Act Z Kai. :P

• Out of curiosity, why not for italic & for underline?

• Yay underlines & spoilers!

• @Sophie:

Show Site URL

For now, you need to provide the hyphens that appear in the places of spaces and special characters for this bb code to work. If you want to give me the replacement text for that, I would be grateful and will give you a fancy badge when we implement that feature.

Are you asking for a list of the current URL names, like hackgu-trilogy, hackquantum, dragon-ball-z, etc, or are you asking for the proper names to later be implemented in the code for [show=], i.e. [show=.hack//G.U. Trilogy], [show=.hack//Quantum], [show=Dragon Ball Z], etc? I can't imagine either one being too much trouble to scribe and PM to you

• Thank you for offering. ^_^ What I'm requesting is for additional code to put in the Replacement field in the custom BB code manager in vBulletin to help parse the URL when a user adds the show as it is meant to be spelled.

1. If a user enters [show=dragon ball z], then the bb code would turn the spaces into hyphens.
    2. If a user enters [show=puchim@s], then the bb code would remove the @.

• The i and u html coding for those is broken (at least for me) because I think it is conflicting with they styling set up for the rest of the site. Rather than requesting and waiting for the styling to be changed, I made custom bb codes. The u and i bb codes actually aren't disabled, but the underlines and italics weren't showing up whenever I tried to use them, so I just removed them from the bb code help list and replaced with what I knew worked.

• @Sophie:

What I'm requesting is for additional code to put in the Replacement field in the custom BB code manager in vBulletin to help parse the URL when a user adds the show as it is meant to be spelled.

Oh, ehh. I only have limited knowledge of that

$test = strtolower($test); // for making the alphabet lowercase
    $test = preg_replace("/[^a-z0-9_\s-]/", "", $test); // for removing @, ., /, etc
    $test = preg_replace("/[\s_]/", "-", $test); // for replacing blanks with hyphens

I think. I might've screwed something up, it's been a while since I studied it and I don't have a vBulletin of my own to test it. And I don't know how to apply that to only the [show] code. Sorry if this doesn't actually save time >_<

• Thanks! I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.