CrunchyRoll Renewal…

• Well, at least for me, it was decision time whether or not i desired to renew my CR subscription. On some level, i was like, is it worth it - - perhaps i should cancel, not sure if i get the same mileage out of it like with FUN. Yeah, it’s tough. There are times when i’m like i don’t necessarily care for Crunchy, yet, there are a number of shows on there that i do like… Also, on some level, i feel bad to cancel because perhaps then it might hurt the collective “anime community”? I think, what if everyone had the mindset to cancel and did? What would happen to CR as a platform? Would it not be able to cover server costs etc. and have to rely on more ad revenue which might open the proverbial door for poisoned ads which could give frequenters viruses? Everything has consequences. Despite much back and forth with myself (laughs) in the end, perhaps not even 100% settled, i did decide to renew. Darn you, How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend, lol. ;-)

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• I am subscribed to both Funimation and Crunchyroll since about a year and a half and at the moment I have pretty much the same amount of series to watch on both queues. At first I subscribed because each had shows the other didn't, but since the partnership it just made it easier for me to separate shows I want to watch dubbed and the ones I want to watch subbed. So until one of the queue becomes empty, it is still relevant for me to keep a subscription.

I personaly wouldn't mind much about "hurting the community", of course putting more money in the hands of those people will allow them to continue making what we love, but should you really pay for something you don't need/want? Even in the event that almost everyone would decide to cancel their subscription, then it would only mean that the service didn't fill their need, so the providers have to adjust. So by paying the subscription even if you don't want it, you maintain a demand for something that isn't relevant anymore.

• If you're not watching anime pirated then the community is fine. Crunchyroll has over a million paying subscribers and a ton of people who watch it with ads which makes them money.

• They have Magus Bride and Kino's Journey legally streaming there simulcast at the moment. That's a good enough reason for me to fork over my money!

Plus, I try to do my part in supporting the anime community.

Of course, I am in Canada where you can't even watch Crunchyroll free with ads, we just have the option to watch new shows for a few short weeks as their simulcast before they go behind the pay wall forever. So we have less options.

• Krock explains,

"should you really pay for something you don't need/want?"

That is so excellent to bring that out, and, something that i find that i constantly "war with myself" over (grumbles to self)

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• Midnight explains,

"Crunchyroll has over a million paying subscribers.."

That's impressive. Wondering approx. how many FUN has?

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• Hello once again Emdier,

You explain,

"Plus, I try to do my part in supporting the anime community."

Agreed. So, you're from Canada? Interesting... I have some cousins who live in Montreal, i believe..

Total side note- For whatever reason, i always seem to equate you with Classy Spartan. I know, that's weird. Perhaps it is because you both have superiorly high reputations on this forum, both have thousands of posts, and, you both registered around the same timeframe, 3 and 4 years ago respectively.

Total side note #2- There is a forum user here that has a beautiful Yuki Nagato pic for their background image under their profile. I've seen it before, but, at the moment, can't think who it is, and, believe that they are a regular here no less. Does anyone know who i'm talking about?

Good to hear from you once again.

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• @P.J. said in CrunchyRoll Renewal…:

perhaps it is because you both have superiorly high reputations on this forum

alt text

Why thank you.

Total side note #2- There is a forum user here that has a beautiful Yuki Nagato pic for their background image under their profile. I've seen it before, but, at the moment, can't think who it is, and, believe that they are a regular here no less. Does anyone know who i'm talking about?

I will be honest, it's not often I really go to profiles so unfortunately I'm not sure. Sorry!

• Hello once again Emdier,

The user with that beautiful background image is @MyOnlyFarph. Can't believe i forgot that, as i've talked with Farph on a number of different occasions, sorry Farph!

Sincerely,
    P.J.