A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd question

• I apologize if this is a double post for me, but think I may have asked about this on the old forum and can't find the original. At one point there was an announcement made regarding a dub release of this series, but (as seems to happen reasonably often) it disappeared shortly before the date. I'm curious if anyone ever actually found out a reason for this.

My sudden reason for asking is because I had been waiting for it, with plans to buy, because of a lot of the online hype I had read on the series. Today, I'm borrowing a copy of the sub release, and (even though I'm only 2 episodes in) am rather impressed by the series. Not only does it seem to have a rather good story, but (so far) is one of the most accurate subtitle translations I've seen. Again, only 2 episodes in so far, but haven't seen anything which really "jumped out at me" as being different from what was actually being said. If it continues on like this through the entire series, it will be one of only two (the other being Re:Life) sub versions I've watched which seem to hold true to the original. I know it seems odd that I'm so excited about something so trivial, but most shows actually have some easily recognizable differences in the first episode and was shocked to realize it wasn't the case here.

• @pleco_breeder said in A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd question:

I apologize if this is a double post for me, but think I may have asked about this on the old forum and can't find the original. At one point there was an announcement made regarding a dub release of this series, but (as seems to happen reasonably often) it disappeared shortly before the date. I'm curious if anyone ever actually found out a reason for this.

My sudden reason for asking is because I had been waiting for it, with plans to buy, because of a lot of the online hype I had read on the series. Today, I'm borrowing a copy of the sub release, and (even though I'm only 2 episodes in) am rather impressed by the series. Not only does it seem to have a rather good story, but (so far) is one of the most accurate subtitle translations I've seen. Again, only 2 episodes in so far, but haven't seen anything which really "jumped out at me" as being different from what was actually being said. If it continues on like this through the entire series, it will be one of only two (the other being Re:Life) sub versions I've watched which seem to hold true to the original. I know it seems odd that I'm so excited about something so trivial, but most shows actually have some easily recognizable differences in the first episode and was shocked to realize it wasn't the case here.

IIRC, The show had really poor streaming numbers, so the decision was made to release it sub only. (The same deal with Buddy Complex)

• I have to say this is kind of sad though. It's easily one of the best sub only anime I've ever seen. There were a few changes in the subs, I assume to help the conversational flow, but never anything which jumped out as a dramatic difference.

The real clincher on this one was the story. All too often, harem rom-com anime end up getting tied up with fan service and forget about the story. While there were plenty of insinuations, it never got bogged down with pushing for the crude humor. It seemed to flow rather evenly as a background for this amazing story.

It may not qualify as the best subtitle (translation) because of the slight changes, but easily falls into my personal top ten for favorite anime. I'll have to figure out who gets booted from that list later.