HIDIVE e-mails?

• As of more recently, i’ve noticed that my e-mail is getting numerous promotions from HIDIVE service? Seems to be anime related, just trying to figure out which anime service that i’m subscribed to yielded it. Has anyone else seen these e-mails?

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• @P.J. you subscribe to a Sentai newsletter? That could be causing it. Same with THAN since HIDIVE is basically the replacement of that.

• Now if they would just fix the video player. I'm watching on apple IOS (IPAD) and haven't been able to watch anything this week. Also, I just noticed that HIDIVE doesn't support internet explorer, so my laptop isn't an option yet. I get the HIDIVE screen, but the video portion appears to be off the top of the screen. All I see is the pull down for selecting the language/sub title choices.
    I've submitted a ticket, but no joy as yet.

• Hello Doublethree,

Perhaps, but not that i really remember...

Thanks for trying to pin it down,

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• @P.J. You can usually get some sense of who's sending these kinds of mails by looking at the email's footer (the very bottom of the email). The footer on these kinds of messages usually gives some kind of information on who's sending it (whether an ad agency or not), some legal information, and an Unsubscribe and/or Account button.

• Hello once again Tibs,

I'll have to re-check... I think when i was trying to find more on it, didn't really see anything where i could exclaim, "Aha! got you!"

Yeah, i've heard some pretty interesting accounts with respect to the "unsubscribe" contained in certain e-mails...

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• Well, if you can't find any information on the footer, I don't know what to suggest. I do know though that I've been subbed to HiDive for 2 months and haven't received any spam, likewise with Funimation. Make sure to check on your account page whether you've given permission for them to send messages. If you go on their page you should see a check box with the following text next to it:
    "Send me emails from HIDIVE so I can stay on top of new shows, features, and offers!"
    Make sure that's not ticked.

• Hello once again Tibs,

The funny thing is, i don't have an account with them. Have a feeling that my information was sold somewhere along the line, just trying to figure out by whom...

Sincerely,
    P.J.