Funimation channel online?

• I was thinking for a while that it'd be great if you guys made your channel stream available online.

it will make it a lot easier for us to get the channel without worrying about cable providers issues.

I'm a subscriber to Viz's Neon alley service, and I really liked the idead and hope you guys could do the same.

I'm aware of the elite subscription service, but it just doesn't give the same feeling as a 24/7 channel.

• I agree with you and would like to see this.I used to get the channel but it went away and I never knew why, I always missed the channel.I want to become a subscriber and if Funimation get a Channel Stream then I would try to get a membership as soon as possible.

• Our EVS service will at least be coming to PS3 and Xbox if that helps at all. True, it still would not be a 24/7 channel with a live stream. However, it would be unrestricted on demand watching on your TV if you don't already own a Roku.

• @Sophie:

Our EVS service will at least be coming to PS3 and Xbox if that helps at all. True, it still would not be a 24/7 channel with a live stream. However, it would be unrestricted on demand watching on your TV if you don't already own a Roku.

Will it be a new subscription or will we sign in using our funi member user and pass?

P.S, Pass on a thank you to your team that made that happen.

• That's great and all.

But I still hope for the channel to be available online as well.

• @Scorpwillsting:

Will it be a new subscription or will we sign in using our funi member user and pass?

P.S, Pass on a thank you to your team that made that happen.

You will be able to sign in with your FUNimation EVS account. It won't be a separate subscription. We watched a little demo of it this week. It's pretty cool.

I passed your message along. (My boss is currently on Skype.) She's happy that you are happy. ^_^

• Any idea of an ETA for the PS3 and Xbox Service? Sounds exciting! :)

• No official ETA quite yet, but keep an eye on our blog and various social outlets.

• I agree, an online stream would be awesome. I would pay for that. I had it on FiOS, and then it dropped due to "low participation" or something. I want it back.

But my dad and I are happy otherwise with FiOS, so I don't see us moving, even threatening very soon. But I lobbied hard for FiOS because of it, and now it's gone.

True, there's that on-demand thing, but meh- it's just not the same. But like, if you partnered with like Roku or something to put your 24x7 channel on an Internet device, I'd seriously look at getting one.

Just my two cents.

• @robert_:

I agree, an online stream would be awesome. I would pay for that. I had it on FiOS, and then it dropped due to "low participation" or something. I want it back.

But my dad and I are happy otherwise with FiOS, so I don't see us moving, even threatening very soon. But I lobbied hard for FiOS because of it, and now it's gone.

True, there's that on-demand thing, but meh- it's just not the same. But like, if you partnered with like Roku or something to put your 24x7 channel on an Internet device, I'd seriously look at getting one.

Just my two cents.

Totally with you.
    and now viz dropped their live channel service, we're hoping for other alternatives.

• @Coldwar:

Totally with you.
    and now viz dropped their live channel service, we're hoping for other alternatives.

I think the fact that since another online broadcast streaming service has dropped, probably due to low viewership, it doesn't make much sense for a different company to try their hand at it. Neon Alley is shifting from online broadcasting to on-demand streaming, and I think that works out better for everybody

As it stands now, Hulu has already taken a huge chunk of viewership from traditional television stations. I don't even pay for cable in my dorm since a lot of what I want to watch that premieres on TV tends to end up on Hulu or Netflix shortly thereafter anyway (I have difficulty watching sports, but, there are still ways to pay for that online)

I guess there's always the thrill of watching what other people decide to air, but I just don't think there are enough people that think like that anymore, or ever really thought like that in the first place, for that matter, before online streaming was available

• Perhaps it's just me, but I find Netflix cumbersome and clunky to operate, and services like Hulu are the same way.

I'm really busy and want to tune in at random times to watch programming that I may not have known about that FUNimation owns. I also use a computer 20+ hours out of the day and don't like being tied down to a one, simply to watch content.

• @Riles:

I think the fact that since another online broadcast streaming service has dropped, probably due to low viewership, it doesn't make much sense for a different company to try their hand at it. Neon Alley is shifting from online broadcasting to on-demand streaming, and I think that works out better for everybody

As it stands now, Hulu has already taken a huge chunk of viewership from traditional television stations. I don't even pay for cable in my dorm since a lot of what I want to watch that premieres on TV tends to end up on Hulu or Netflix shortly thereafter anyway (I have difficulty watching sports, but, there are still ways to pay for that online)

I guess there's always the thrill of watching what other people decide to air, but I just don't think there are enough people that think like that anymore, or ever really thought like that in the first place, for that matter, before online streaming was available

I get your point.

But, as you could tell from other replies, there's still a lot of people don't want to give up on Anime channels.

regardless of where the market is going, as long as there's demand then there should be an answer.

• @robert_:

Perhaps it's just me, but I find Netflix cumbersome and clunky to operate, and services like Hulu are the same way.

I'm really busy and want to tune in at random times to watch programming that I may not have known about that FUNimation owns. I also use a computer 20+ hours out of the day and don't like being tied down to a one, simply to watch content.

Exactly how I feel.

• @robert_:

I agree, an online stream would be awesome. I would pay for that. I had it on FiOS, and then it dropped due to "low participation" or something. I want it back.

Just my two cents.

FiOS dropping the Funimation Channel was the best thing that happened for me. Because then I found out about the Funimation App on the Roku and tablets. And ever since I have enjoyed watching many, many shows streamed at my leisure. I stream more from Funimation than I do from Netflix. I keep finding new shows to watch so the $8 or so a month it costs has been more than worth it.