Tokyo Ghoul:re Anime announced for 2018

• http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-10-05/tokyo-ghoul-re-manga-gets-anime-in-2018/.122313

Not surprised with the announcement since the manga felt like it's ending soon, the live action is coming to the states, and funimation posted a promo video of tokyo ghoul:re manga yesterday. I wonder if they're just gonna ignore Root A and just jump straight into :re and faithfully adapt it. Can't wait though.

• Wow this so soon after A Certain Magical Index S3 announcement. 2018 is really shaping up to be a good year for anime. Now all thats left is to hope Funi gets these shows.

• How can they make an adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul:re tho when they never finished adapting the original Tokyo Ghoul. Root A was just made up and needs to be retconned now, right? Don't they need to make another season between that and the start of Tokyo Ghoul:re?

• @darkenraul1 same way they're currently adapting UQ Holder without finishing Negima and did Fuuka without finishing Suzuka. Or did an anime original Danganronpa that requires knowledge of 1+2 but only 2 never got an anime. It's not super rare.

• @darkenraul1 said in Tokyo Ghoul:re Anime announced for 2018:

How can they make an adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul:re tho when they never finished adapting the original Tokyo Ghoul. Root A was just made up and needs to be retconned now, right? Don't they need to make another season between that and the start of Tokyo Ghoul:re?

Root A still essentially ended the same way the manga did, so it'd be easy for the Anime to pick up the plot or even ignore the "anime original" content.

There's two glaring plotholes that Root A creates, but that could easily be solved by ignoring it just like Blue Exorcist did with it's anime original content.

• @Doublethree100 I appreciate that you mentioned these. I didn't even realize that UQ Holder was related to Negima, so started watching it last week (wasn't interested in taking it on till I realized it was a sequel although there are already a couple holes which don't make sense (the aging timeline of vampires being a HUGE one)).

However, I also didn't realize Suzuka was related to Fuuka, and have seen both series. Is there some connection which isn't immediately obvious that I'm missing? The two series could easily run without being connected in any way, and in my mind that was how they were created.

• @pleco_breeder said in Tokyo Ghoul:re Anime announced for 2018:

Is there some connection which isn't immediately obvious that I'm missing?

Fuuka is Suzuka's daughter, you see Suzuka in the Fuuka anime at one point

Suzuksa manga spoilers:

The final arc in the manga has Suzuka and what's his name becoming sexually active and Suzuka gets pregnant (with Fuuka) and has to basically decide between having Fuuka and quitting track or having an abortion and continuing track.

• @Doublethree100 Didn't read the Suzuka manga, so can see the connection now. On that same note, if going by the manga storyline for Fuuka, it makes the story even more tragic.

Anyone that's read the Fuuka manga will understand what I'm talking about, but I'm intentionally avoiding a spoiler that could ruin the story for those that only saw the anime (which is VERY different).