Can we please talk about Boruto?

• Chances are there's going to be spoilers mentioned, so don't hate me if you can't read the title.

Okay so I have to mention that I feel that Boruto (the show) is sooooooooo much better compared to Naruto. Less filler is definitely a plus, soooooooo much less flashbacks too where I don't think I am watching Lost: The Anime.

But it feels like they learned from their experience with Naruto (and Shippuden) and figured out what they could and should do. I am loving that we are getting to see not only what happened after the Great Ninja War but how the characters we have gotten to know for so long are up to. Naruto living his dream, Sasuke living his dream as Itachi, Hinata being married to Naruto, you know... that stuff. Sakura has actually become useful! Okay, admittedly she punched a dude but she did it with Naruto and Sasuke present! She actually did more to Shin Uchiha than either Naruto or Sasuke. Finally it seems like our female characters might actually get to be worth something! Sarada is looking promising, I'm sure Himawari is probably going to do more things other than be my second favorite character, Cho-Cho i'm sure is going to be more than perpetually hungry.

Its awesome seeing them at the start of their journey as opposed to the Naruto serieses where we frequently flashbacked to them as a kid to get some context about something. I'm fine with occasionally flashing to an earlier part in the series but I don't need it constantly.

Not a fan of Boruto being the central force keeping everyone together though. It just makes him too much like Naruto for me, and I get that its a thing where he doesn't realize just how much like his father he is, I just don't really care for it.

But its totally so much better compared to the prior serieses so far.

Oh and got to love Danzo, even in death he is still being one gigantic pain in the ass for Konoha.

Btw, Mitsuki is my favorite, then Himawari, then Sakura (in a surprising turn of events somehow), likely to change. Sasuke seems like he's going to be important at some point. I would like to see how the three of them have grown together too.

• Needs more hawawa

• The manga is once per month (rather than weekly) so unless they break it down into short seasons with long breaks, you'll see filler soon enough. The original Naruto series was light on filler through the first few sagas.

• Man comparing anime to manga is night and day. It's colorful, full of action and bouncy, inventive character animation as well as some solid action sequences on it's own (god damn Sakura Haruno finally gets a good fight to herself after all these years) and it is a surprisingly pleasant and fun show all around.

Manga is dull, boring and boy that art cannot even compare to Kishimoto's anything it just looks really bad.

• @classyspartan said in Can we please talk about Boruto?:

Sakura Haruno

As much as it hurts to admit it, she's technically Sakura Uchiha now, for better or (much) worse. -_-

• May be a stupid question, but is there a legal stream for this series? Started watching in Japan, but haven't seen it anywhere since getting back.

• @pleco_breeder Crunchyroll.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Can we please talk about Boruto?:

@classyspartan said in Can we please talk about Boruto?:

Sakura Haruno

As much as it hurts to admit it, she's technically Sakura Uchiha now, for better or (much) worse. -_-

Is she though? Something that can be a bit wierd is that the Naruto world doesn't always have the married parents of a child share the same last name, mostly because of a trademark of that last name. Uchihas for example have the sharingan, the Hyuga (would the plural be Hyugas?) have byakugan, Naras use shadows, Uzumakis are sealers, I think you get it now.

Point: the surname naming scheme gets confusing because its not always consistent. Not that I've seen (or remember seeing) Sakura identify herself as Uchiha.

• @darthrutsula40 Well I mean, I'd prefer she didn't take on the Uchiha last name, in all honesty.

Because let's face it: Sasuke is a complete dickbag of a husband, father, and human being in general.

• @SpacemanHardy said in Can we please talk about Boruto?:

@darthrutsula40 Well I mean, I'd prefer she didn't take on the Uchiha last name, in all honesty.

Because let's face it: Sasuke is a complete dickbag of a husband, father, and human being in general.

I hear its a common trait for Uchihas to be terrible people.

There's Obito, who killed a lot of people. Madara, killed lots of people, Itachi, killed lots, Indra (probably) killed lots.

I wish Kaguya didn't happen though, I loved how much trouble Madara was giving everyone and how he was practically a character who was near unbeatable. Even SSGSS Guy Sensei didn't kill him and now he's perma handicapped.

But lets at least admit, no Uchiha will be nearly as bad as Danzo.

• What has me worried is the same as mentioned above, the degree of filler.
    So far, mostly everything has been acceptable for its own reasons, but ultimately, they started the anime just 1 year after the manga began, it's a monthly manga, and it IS related to Naruto.
    I'm hoping that the anime will be the higher priority, like with Dragonball Super, and for the manga to be a bit behind, but I somehow doubt that.