Genre tags for the Apps

• Like when you select a series, have the genre categories listed in large clear font.

The rationale would be that on the front page you see a new series and you select it to check the description. Would be handy know if which categories it falls under.

To be fair, the description is generally more than enough to go by. But if you're watching on a TV, sometimes you end up having to get up and move closer to make it out (depending on your tv size, picture quality, etc). You could also link the genre tags to the browse by genre.

• Another suggestion for apps: (at least the Roku app to my knowledge)

A way to get to the episode select screen from a playing episode (or at least the ability to go back an episode.

Sometimes I start an anime without adding it to my queue and fall alseep. Would be nice not to have to search for it, just go to the continue watching, and then go back an ep from there (maybe even an option to add it to my queue from the episode itself)

• @dannomite said in Genre tags for the Apps:

Like when you select a series, have the genre categories listed in large clear font.

The rationale would be that on the front page you see a new series and you select it to check the description. Would be handy know if which categories it falls under.

To be fair, the description is generally more than enough to go by. But if you're watching on a TV, sometimes you end up having to get up and move closer to make it out (depending on your tv size, picture quality, etc). You could also link the genre tags to the browse by genre.

Where? On a Show Detail screen? I think we can do this, but we need to make sure that the UI stays clean.

@dannomite said in Genre tags for the Apps:

Another suggestion for apps: (at least the Roku app to my knowledge)

A way to get to the episode select screen from a playing episode (or at least the ability to go back an episode.

Sometimes I start an anime without adding it to my queue and fall alseep. Would be nice not to have to search for it, just go to the continue watching, and then go back an ep from there (maybe even an option to add it to my queue from the episode itself)

Going back one episode will be added. It will be a button you can focus on in the UI since the Roku remote doesn't have enough buttons. Viewing the actual playlist from the player will not be added as it causes too much latency, so our solution to this will be to link to the Show Detail screen from the player. Since the Show Detail video list carousel automatically focuses on the last video watched by default, it should function pretty well as a playlist.

• @Sophie

Part1
    I see your point with the UI. You want to keep it as clean as possible.

It would the details screen. They wouldn't necessarily have to be clickable. But say you're looking through the fantasy category. A series might jump out at one person if in the description it lists it as a drama. It might jump out to another person it it's a fan service. (or the the opposite).

For example:
    (I don't have my roku screen in front of me so I'm pseudo exampling here)

Dragonball Super (2016)
    ACTION, COMEDY, SHOUNEN, FIGHTING

• Lorum Ipsom random text Goku yadda blast yadda Kamehameha
      jfkasjf jkfljfsakjfalksfakslfjk kjlasf

Wouldn't have to be that large. Depending on the font, CAPS would probably make it stand out enough. (Not that I'm necessarily advocating a particular format).

Not having this feature is hardly a deal breaker though.

Part2
    With the latter suggestion, seeing the playlist doesn't really matter, it's more a link back to the detail screen so one doesn't have to go back to main menu and then search for the series.

It would be very much appreciated to be able to go back an episode. (Another use case would be, you start watching an episode and you're lost so you go back an episode to jog your memory)

Thanks for the reply!

• @dannomite Thanks! I'll definitely use this in my pitch to add this information. Your points really help. ^_^ Anything to help with "show discovery" usually gets the green light.