Does Any Yu-Gi-Oh voice actors go to cons?

• OK not counting the popular ones like Eric Stuart for example (though I did get lucky enough to meet him) I more or less talking about some of the newer voice actors in the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise. Never really hear their names ever brought up for cons. I don't even think Dan Green really goes to that many cons. Would like to meet him. I would really like to meet the voice of Alexis and that new character named Sora voice actor from Arc V. Does anyone know if that have schedules for cons like Konami or something?

• If you want to see specific VAs at a con, you need to ask the con to invite them. VAs don't go to cons unless they're invited. Konami isn't involved, unless the VA is going to a Konami con.

If the con is on Facebook, Twitter, or has a contact email or forum, send them a recommendation. Include the VA's name and their social media info so the con knows how to contact them.

As for your question about newer Yu-Gi-Oh VAs, Michael Liscio (Yuya) has been to Otakon, Matt Shipman (Shay) and Kate Bristol (Julia) have been to Liberty City Anime Con, and Erica Schroeder (Akiza) has been to Colossalcon. Look at animecons.com to find more.

• @Karbs said in Does Any Yu-Gi-Oh voice actors go to cons?:

If you want to see specific VAs at a con, you need to ask the con to invite them. VAs don't go to cons unless they're invited. Konami isn't involved, unless the VA is going to a Konami con.

If the con is on Facebook, Twitter, or has a contact email or forum, send them a recommendation. Include the VA's name and their social media info so the con knows how to contact them.

As for your question about newer Yu-Gi-Oh VAs, Michael Liscio (Yuya) has been to Otakon, Matt Shipman (Shay) and Kate Bristol (Julia) have been to Liberty City Anime Con, and Erica Schroeder (Akiza) has been to Colossalcon. Look at animecons.com to find more.

@Karbs I love Erica I love her Voice as Monkey D. Luffy she had the best voice for it. Wonder if she can still do The Luffy voice? Otakon is not near western New York (Buffalo). Most of the cons local to me don't take request I've asked before. Though you can give them recommendations or suggestions but that doesn't mean they're going to do it. Also what about Alexis or Sora voice actor I would love to meet them do that go to cons?

• @gohan6425 said in Does Any Yu-Gi-Oh voice actors go to cons?:

@Karbs I love Erica I love her Voice as Monkey D. Luffy she had the best voice for it. Wonder if she can still do The Luffy voice? Otakon is not near western New York (Buffalo). Most of the cons local to me don't take request I've asked before. Though you can give them recommendations or suggestions but that doesn't mean they're going to do it. Also what about Alexis or Sora voice actor I would love to meet them do that go to cons?

All you can really do is request the con invite a VA, and tell your friends to request too. The more people who request a VA, the more likely a con is to consider inviting them. Don't give up, keep suggesting them each year.

Eileen Stevens (Sora) hasn't been invited to cons in a while based on her animecons listing. I don't know about Alexis's VA.

• Cons do base guest invites on a few factors. They do have a list of guests they might want to see, ones that are popular, ones they invite but don't expect to come (you never know), and ones that fans want to see that they might not have considered. As they can be in negotiations a year (or more) before a con, it is important to get any requests in as early as you can. Waiting until a month before the con isn't likely to get a guest there. A potential guest also has to have a decent following to really be considered, especially for bigger cons. Beyond all that, the guest still have to be able and willing to attend. Some might already have a booking for that weekend, or not like to travel a lot.
    It does not hurt to ask or suggest a guest. While it might not mean the con will invite them, but if enough people ask, the con might be more willing to consider them.

• @Karbs said in Does Any Yu-Gi-Oh voice actors go to cons?:

@gohan6425 said in Does Any Yu-Gi-Oh voice actors go to cons?:

All you can really do is request the con invite a VA, and tell your friends to request too. The more people who request a VA, the more likely a con is to consider inviting them. Don't give up, keep suggesting them each year.

Eileen Stevens (Sora) hasn't been invited to cons in a while based on her animecons listing. I don't know about Alexis's VA.

@Karbs @korrailli Well Alexis Rhodes voice actors very complex to explain so I don't even know if she does cons but I would like to meet her. See when they where dubbing Yu-Gi-Oh GX back in 2005 the first 26 episodes Alexis Rhodes Voice Actor was voice by Priscilla Everett. However she left 4Kids during the production pretty much has never been heard from again. Don't know what she's currently doing as she has no known picture of her on that Internet that I know of. And has not done any voice work since she left 4kids reportedly. But Emyln Elisabeth Morinelli McFarland also known as Anna Morrow took over the role of Alexis Rhodes in episode 27 onward for the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX dub. And currently is voicing Alexis Rhodes again in the new Yu-Gi-Oh series Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V. However she is credited in the credits as "Anna Morrow" not her real name. I don't know why the Yu-Gi-Oh! official website does not acknowledge this as on the GX voice cast it still show Priscilla Everett name and even behind the voice actors doesn't acknowledge this is well and said Priscilla Everett was the only Alexis Rhodes English voice when that is false.

• @korrailli said in Does Any Yu-Gi-Oh voice actors go to cons?:

As they can be in negotiations a year (or more) before a con, it is important to get any requests in as early as you can. Waiting until a month before the con isn't likely to get a guest there.

THIS. I see people suggesting guests way too late all time and then wondering why they don't get invited. The earlier you ask, the better the chances of them getting invited.

@gohan6425 said in Does Any Yu-Gi-Oh voice actors go to cons?:

@Karbs @korrailli I don't even know if she does cons

It's not a matter of "if she does cons". If cons invite them, they'll go if they are willing/able to. If cons don't invite them, they won't go no matter what. That's why it's important to request guests. If no one requests them, cons will never know there's any interest.

• Also worth noting that not all entertainers like to interact with fans, and sometimes fans don't like to interact with these entertainers.

Harrison Ford for example made his first Star Wars convention appearance back in 2015. The actor for Greedo has had more appearances at cons. A face no one knows for a character that didn't even last more than 2 minutes goes to cons but not the guy that killed his character.