Why is Blue Gender still not available on Funimation.com & FunimationNow? (It's been almost a month since the show was pulled)

• I made a post almost a month ago asking why Blue Gender got pulled from the site, wondering whether the license expired, whether or not it was a glitch, etc.; it's been awhile since then, and I couldn't find any answers as to why it hasn't come back. If anyone has any clue as to why this is, your response would be highly appreciated.

(In any case though, I'll probably just buy the dvd from Amazon if the show doesn't reappear within the next five months and/or Funimation doesn't explain why it's no longer available)

• As it doesn't seem to have been a glitch, I would assume there was a reason it was pulled. If you want to buy, probably a good idea to get it sooner rather than later.

• Yeah, I guess; thanks. I'll probably get it next month tbh

• With the couple shows that I have really liked and Funi lost the license to, I am glad I was able to get them before it actually expired and they went out of print. I did get Baccno a few months before, but Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood got a push from it going out. Glad I didn't wait for them.

• Yeah, I feel that. Didn't manage to get FMA, but I got Baccano, so it's all good. Still though, those 2 were Aniplex shows, for which the expiration dates were already confirmed beforehand; Blue Gender didn't come from Aniplex as far as I know, so from my perspective, it's still a complete mystery tbh. Hopefully Funi will shed some light on this someday like when we found out which of their Aniplex licenses were set to expire.

• @korrailli said in Why is Blue Gender still not available on Funimation.com & FunimationNow? (It's been almost a month since the show was pulled):

I would assume there was a reason it was pulled.

It'd been licensed for 15 years. The end was near.

• my thoughts on this situation is since they didn't make an announcement, its not a permanent thing, and they are trying their best to get it back, but like all things anime and Japan, its taking time

• Considering they took down the show page, I'd say it's safe to assume that they no longer have the rights. It's probably in your best interests to pick up a physical copy while you still can if you want to watch the show.

They quietly did the same with shows like Moonlight Mile and Comic Party Revolution, as well. They seem to only make announcements for expiring Aniplex titles and shows that were exceptionally popular.