So…. What happened to this show?

• Every show that FUNimation licensed during the Fall 2012 anime season (Robotics;Notes, Jormungand, Kamisama Kiss, Psycho-Pass, and even OniAi) is getting a physical release…. except for Code: Breaker.

Was it really THAT bad? FUNimation hasn't said a single thing about this show since they first picked it up. I admit, just watching the preview, it looks generic as all get out, but that's never really stopped FUNi from putting out a show before.

Do you think this show will ever see a physical release? Will it ever be dubbed, or given a sub-only treatment? Or is it doomed to join Tatami Galaxy and Rainbow in "license purgatory" for the rest of time?

• …I don't even remember this show, making it a less memorable "semicolon series" than Chaos;Head. Since Funimation brought out the terrific-but well dubbed-disaster that was Chaos;Head I would be astounded if they sentenced this semicolon series to Purgatory alongside Rainbow or tossed it "under the table" as scraps for RightStuf to pick up....right?

• I have no recollection of this show and I'm wary to even believe that it was simulcasted with the rest of the shows from fall 2012

• @Riles:

I have no recollection of this show and I'm wary to even believe that it was simulcasted with the rest of the shows from fall 2012

Wow, so now there are 2 of us who don't remember C;B and one person who does…speaking of "Semicolon Shows", this is reminding me of something from Steins;Gate :)

• I mean, I wasn't really paying attention to Funimation's simulcasts back then, but I do remember subbed versions releasing weekly of all the other shows mentioned, Funimation or not. To be honest I've never even heard of this show before this thread

Other than that, I'm not really sure why you keep insisting the colon in Code: Breaker is a semicolon

• @Riles:

I mean, I wasn't really paying attention to Funimation's simulcasts back then, but I do remember subbed versions releasing weekly of all the other shows mentioned, Funimation or not. To be honest I've never even heard of this show before this thread

Other than that, I'm not really sure why you keep insisting the colon in Code: Breaker is a semicolon

Because I'm confident that the Japanese meant to put a semicolon in that show's title and failed at it. Scarily enough, the actual colon does get this title much closer to adhering to even the most basic tenets of grammar than would (and do) the semicolon titles.

Semicolon, colon, exclamation point…the Japanese can't tell the difference, at least not the Japanese who keep coming up with these absurd, language-butchering titles.