No scrapped princess?

• @sophie Why is there no Scrapped princess in Funimation Anime & Live Action list? I just started this show and normally when I start a new show that I'm liking I come here to see what people say on it and maybe other titles similar to it but it's missing from that list, so why is that? Are not all shows listed?

It won't let me make a thread in that area for this show also?

• We will be moving away from show forums. You can talk about Scrapped Princess in the Anime & Manga forum. The thread will probably later be moved to this forum when we finally do get rid of show forums.

• Basically, FUNipeople got /lazy when it comes to adding/managing 4588633 subforums for each show, so they just do away with them all.

Only problem with that logic, is retroactively categorizing years old (useful) content in retrospect; like, "WHERE'S ME SEASON XXX? ANY NEWS?", and likewise show discussions.

Perhaps, if people made sure to properly tag/search their threads, it would work out: This is not a common practice, otherwise.

But no matter.

• @thegrandalliance Nope. It's because I don't want us to end up with 88675684594 show forums. We are going to use tagging and will be implementing an auto-tagging system.

• It's similar to how the TAN Forums are. They make a thread for a show and all stuff about that show goes in the thread so there isn't 500 separate posts about Scrapped Princess in the Scrapped Princess Section, there's 1 post that covers the show and any related news / Comments posts go under that thread. So insteadf of a sub forum with 500 different subject posts, we get 1 forum Subject with 500 entries. It alleviates clutter, just have to know how to use the search function.

• I never really saw the point of show forums anyway. Most of them are totally dead. Some have never been posted in.

• ...The only problem with "mega threads" is that they "mega big". Case in point, CR discussion threads. GL finding anything useful on a cursory glance.

BTW, with the implementation of HIDIVE, TAN is effectively dead; although lets be fair, their forum activity was always dead by comparison. FUNi not too far behind. So perhaps, not such a big deal.

Nevertheless, an "autotag" seems scary...

One could instead adopt a hybrid model, perhaps a subforum per anime season. Older titles/catalog could be lumped together in a singular subforum. That way, to the casual and uninformed viewer, they can find all relevant info/threads related to anime of a particular season; with a focus on the present season. Thus, it would encourage series discussion and research interest among the FUNiseason; people looking to others for ideas WTF to watch.

Else, good look manually finding/searching every tag for the 15+ titles FUNimation Simuldubs™ each time. As a tag system only works, if the user knows what tags to search.

Is it #fairytail or #fairy tail , #zero or #fairyzero ; #dragonball or #dbz , #dragonsuper ; #mha or #heroes; #spicywolf or #spiceandwolf ; #simuldub or #simuldubs or #simuldub™. Whatever, the tags variations can be numerous.

Plus, it only helps if the casual user even knows that the anime exists, or its logical name, to find stuff. Not "browsing friendly".

There is reason tags in Internet land never functionally work as advertised, and great in reasons they are. If one is to make an attempt to improve the forums, forcing a confusing model will not help matters, indeed.

Least we not forget this thread itself as evidence to my point...

@fatman123 said in No scrapped princess?:

...I just started this show and normally when I start a new show that I'm liking I come here to see what people say on it and maybe other titles similar to it...

I think we are done, here...

• @thegrandalliance Tags will be from an approved list that can be updated as we go along. Official show titles and some common abbreviations will be included. Show titles and their abbreviations will also be associated to each other on the back-end, so that the forum understands that when a user is searching for threads tagged as "MHA", that user is probably also interested in ones tagged "My Hero Academia". We can also include seasons if that is also desired.

Finally, we'll likely be adding a list of relevant tags somewhere on the forum - maybe the featured area at the top, so that it can still be used for that purpose without having show forums. This could be the current season or a show that we want to feature.

Believe it or not, I have put a bit of thought into this. Have at least a little bit of faith in me.

• @thegrandalliance said in No scrapped princess?:

CR discussion threads. GL finding anything useful on a cursory glance.

That would apply regardless of thread system, no? ;-)

• @Nobu

No, because if you have lots of smaller threads, assumingly properly written, you can just read the titles and "choose your adventure".

With a megathread, it can have many narratives included. Like some people talking about show itself, some talking about future season speculation, some talking about dub/sub. This is a problem, especially if you're worried about spoilers. A 10+ page mess that is hard to know anything, less you trolled from the start.

@Sophie

Well, we shall see. GL finding tags for each of the over +400 catalog titles you have, in either case...

• @thegrandalliance said in No scrapped princess?:

@Sophie
    Well, we shall see. GL finding tags for each of the over +400 catalog titles you have, in either case...

@thegrandalliance I will pretend that you are saying this sincerely. Plus, I did already say that each Show would have the official title as its tag by default. So... mission accomplished?

Regardless of what we end up doing to organize the forum after it occurs, we are getting rid of Show forums. If the tag system ends up not working, we can always just do something else, and I will appreciate feedback from the community at that time.