Recent survey.

• So, to my e-mail, (thank goodness) i received FUNimation’s questionnaire if their service was meeting my expectations.

It should be noted in the sections that had the categorizations “importance to me” and “where FUNimation was falling in that regard”, with respect to the latter, sometimes i would indicate a 3, that is not a negative reflection on FUN, however. I would put that three to express that i wasn’t sure how they were measuring up. In particular, the example of simuldubs. For my importance, i indicated a 1 because i just don’t care how fast they release these. For me, i rather have FUN take their time and produce a qualitative product - - if it is a week delayed, who cares? Now, on the other side, for how FUN is doing with respect to that, i indicated a 3, again, not to be taken as a negative by those that tally this research. Moreso, that i’m just not sure how FUNimation is really doing in this regard (if they are releasing simuldubs fast or not) therefore a 3 for unsure and just to progress the screen. Perhaps this survey would yield more accurate results if they added an “unsure” checkbox. Overall, i think FUNimation is doing alright, hope the company stays strong even amidst this supposed takeover by SONY. One thing that would probably be advantageous would be to add more technical support representatives and a feature like GoToAssist where agents can peer into your system (directly) to see what is occurring. Those assigned to these positions would have to be at a very high technical skill level, dealing with companies that provide this service, i speak from experience. Yes, they may have the “qualifications” to be zipping through your registry settings, but, i find that it’s good to slow them down sometimes for verification. Additionally, they may change a setting that you like a particular way, therefore, it is good to be paying attention.

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• I've said it before and I'll repeat myself now. Before Simuldubbing, Funimation was hitting 90% B+ or better on their dubs. After they went up to 16+ a season (in House) They are hitting are averaging around 20% (3-4) B+ or better a season. I don't know if it's a case of the talent being stretched too thin, or the available ADR' Directors (Some of which have 2 shows a season) and the logistics of it all have lead to the drop in quality, but after 3+ years of this, you'd think there would be some improvement.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the rest of the dubs are bad (Though Some are) It's that I know Funimation can and should do better.

• Hello once again Series5Ranger,

Based on the statistics you're throwing out there, you know more about this than me - - i'm going to take your word for it, thank you for providing the information. To be honest, i have a vague conception about "simuldub" to begin with. I'm assuming the English studios of companies are trying to keep as close a pace with translation from the pace that shows are being produced in Japan? Feel free to issue edits to that. I guess i'm appreciative for whatever anime we have. If more anime or anime (translated) comes our way, nice. If things stay "static", i guess it is what it is. Believe it or not, i just got done watching Suzuka for probably the fourth time since being a FUNimation loyal. Something about that show... That one scene where Honoka was merciless towards Yamato... Oooh my goodness... {:-o

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• You know, there was another question pertaining to your importance rating for either dvd/ blu ray OR streaming. I really hated to indicate one way or the other, thinking that FUNimation would devote more resources into one and push aside the other. The bottom line for me, BOTH home releases through dvd/ blu ray AND streaming are equally important one should not be favored over the other.

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• Sorry if I'm kind of late to this, but I'd like to add up to your comment about the survey. I try to fill these kinds of surveys as much as I can and the most accuratly possible but most of the time I find it annoying, like you, because they don't take into consideration the possibility that I don't have any experience or opinion about a particular feature. So I end up being forced to rate something I don't know/use.

It seems to me that I breaks the purpose of surveying people if they have to give "random" ratings because they can't skip the irrelevant questions.

I'm not questionning the relevantness of the questions themselves though, but pointing the fact that everybody uses the service differently so some questions may end up to be irrelevant in some cases, so a "N/A" or "No opinion" choice would be useful to keep the results reliable.

• Yay! It's Krock. :-)