New Person

• Hello,
    I am new to anime and looking for a good place to start. I recently got into it after watching Death Note the movie on Netflix and really liked it so dove into the anime series of Death Note on Hulu and thoroughly enjoyed it and now looking for where to go next, Any suggestions would help.
    Thank hyou
    Andrew

• Well it all depends, if you can only handle dubbed Anime then Funimation & Hidive are the places to be as both have plenty of dubbed shows to watch. (Although Funimation has a lot more titles because that is what they specialize in)

If you can handle Subtitles then Crunchyroll is your provider of choice. Hidive offers quite a few subtitled titles as well.

All 3 services provide a free option with varying degrees of restriction. Funimation will provide older titles free with ads, newer titles will only be the first 2 episodes, then after a period of time (I think it's 1 year) the title will unlock all episodes. Crunchyroll you have to wait a week on newer titles to watch them with ads. Hidive restricts dubs to subscribers only, and other titles are free with ads.

Amazon's Anime Strike (if you live in the US) is an expensive option as you have to be a Prime member, and then have to pay another $5/ month to access the titles it offers, it has no free option and offers current titles, and some backlog titles from both Sentai Filmworks and Funimation, usually sub only.

So find out what works for you and have fun.

• Hi, DeathRyuk.

Welcome to the forums and the world of anime :) I think Series5Ranger did a pretty good job for streaming service for U.S users, but people in other countries may struggle to get access to some of those services. I suggest checking THIS site which breaks down each streaming service on price, what content they offer, and what countries you can use that service in.

As for suggestions on what to watch, take a look at:
    Future Diary
    Death Parade
    Monster
    Psycho-Pass
    Hell Girl
    Another
    Black Butler

If you want more, check out THIS thread.

• Welcome to the forums. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

As far as recommendations go, you might want to give Code Geass a try. The protagonist is very similar to Light in many ways.