So because the anime took a week off between episodes 33 and 34 and the dub is 2 weeks behind, does that mean there won't be a new dubbed episode coming out next week?

• Basically the title. I know that Funimation did this between episodes of the Tournament Arc and the Stain Arc (i.e. episodes 27 and 28) to stay 2 weeks behind, but they made an official announcement back then. I didn't hear anything about them taking off for 9/9, so does anyone know if they'll do the same thing for next week? Thanks in advance!

• Most likely. There hasn't been any announcement about closing the gap, and my understanding is the originals are provided to them on the same schedule as in Japan. The combination of those likely means the break will carry over.

The only instance I know of where there wasn't a continued delay, following Japanese broadcast, was the final episode of Tales of Zesteria. In that instance, the final episode was delayed for weeks in Japan. Even then, the only difference was they didn't hold to the couple of weeks of lag, but still didn't air before Japan. I only know this because i watched the final episode there, and then watched the Funimation broadcast party live via my FB page the same night. US audiences got that episode less than 24 hours after it aired in Japan.

• The schedule says it will be absent next week
    0_1504364709683_MHA.png
    0_1504364755044_mha2.png

• Dang, thanks guys for the responses!

• This seems really arbitrary, why on earth wouldn't they just go ahead and close the gap, I can see no reason but them just sticking to keeping the gap 2 weeks. Why on earth they would choose to do this I don't know, it can only upset fans and they gain nothing I can think of from it but as a previous poster said, it is confirmed through the schedule..

• @KoolAidtheRED They probably don't have a choice in the matter. It might be due to restrictions in the licensing agreement they made with the Japanese production companies.

• @KoolAidtheRED said in So because the anime took a week off between episodes 33 and 34 and the dub is 2 weeks behind, does that mean there won't be a new dubbed episode coming out next week?:

This seems really arbitrary, why on earth wouldn't they just go ahead and close the gap, I can see no reason but them just sticking to keeping the gap 2 weeks. Why on earth they would choose to do this I don't know, it can only upset fans and they gain nothing I can think of from it but as a previous poster said, it is confirmed through the schedule..

There are a lot of reasons. Back log (still working on episodes, so can't just speed that up by a week), not getting the materials early, and possibably the contract with the studio to not close the gap.

If there is a 2 week gap between when the episode airs and when the dub airs, there is probably good reason for that. The process to translate, adapt the script, and do all the voice recordings, and editing takes a while. Rushing it will not really help things. This is all assuming Funimation gets all the materials they need on time.

Maintaining the schedule allows them to keep the same pace on getting episodes out.

Frankly, just be happy you get a dub so quick anyway. 2 weeks for an episode is not that bad. Be glad you don't have to wait a year or longer for the dub to come out. If a delay (that sub watchers had to deal with anyway) is the worst of your problems, then consider yourself lucky.

• Here's the official announcement:

https://twitter.com/FunimationUK/status/905447832353722368

Technically that's for the UK, but the same applies to all other regions as well.