Black Bars behind subtitles on Roku
There is an option for no background behind subtitles on the website but this does not carry over to the Roku app, and makes watching things with subtitles extremely distracting.
@Yuoaman Soft subtitle and captioning styling is handled per device. You can change this setting on your Roku.
- Press home button on your remote to open the main screen.
- Scroll up or down and select Settings.
- To open the style menu, select Accessibility and then Caption style. If Accessibility is not listed, select Captions.
- Adjust each style element. A preview appears with an example of the changes.
- Text – style (font) / edge effect / size / color / opacity
- Background – color / opacity
- Window – color / opacity