Funimation app for xbox 360 (Not a bug thread,just a complaint thread)

• So after a month of trying to suss out why I couldn't log into the funimation app for xbox 360 I finally managed to get into the app.

And my god am I disappointed.
    The lag when scrolling through shows and opening the menu for the show synopsis is freakin insane.
    And that's only a minor problem.

Those ugly black bars when using the captioning for shows (Why the hell do they even exist, why doesn't the japanese audio come with proper subtitling when the opening theme songs in japanese are perfectly subbed?) blot out any sign translations in shows and aren't big enough so that they don't leave out words in spoken sentences.
    And changing them on the website doesn't work in the app and you can't change them in app because the only setting options are marathon mode and audio options.

I made an account and went to the hassle of contacting support just so I could watch Guyver the Bioboosted Armor on my xbox.
    I even had to use the free trial so I could actually log into the app itself (which is completely horrendous seeing as tho Crunchyroll allows you to at the very least browse the shows available before making needing to subscribe,can't say about AnimeLab because they don't have an xbox 360 app.) and I can't even cancel it to stop it from auto renewing or else I won't be able to use the app at all!

This is disgraceful,completely and utterly repulsive.
    You have so many cool shows (at least the ones that are complete and not missing seasons) that it's a shame that when I cancel the trial subscription I will not be renewing it.
    Ever.
    You also don't even have a subscription option for my local currency like so many other anime streaming services (You honestly expect me to subscribe for Australian Dollars when I don't even live in australia like the other streaming apps don't you)

Thanks heaps Funimation for ruining my hopes of finding another anime streaming service that doesn't suck.

• @Dosantsu

Hi Dosantsu,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your genuine feedback. The only way we can improve is hearing from anime fans like you to deliver a better service and a better viewing experience in the future. You should know there are many people here who not only read your comments, but also work diligently to make necessary improvements with the fans in mind.

While I can't tell you when these specific concerns you have outlined will be improved, It's my sincerest hope that you will continue to voice your opinions and check back with us to see the consistent updates being made across all platforms.

If you'd like to discuss further, you can reach me on twitter: @JayHairston

Have a great weekend!

• @Dosantsu Thank you for the feedback. The lag is an app issue, and unfortunately, it is not possible for us to fix it because Microsoft no longer allows updates to Xbox 360 apps.

The appearance of the soft subtitles is handled per app. Luckily, you can change how they look on the Xbox 360 from Console Settings.

On your console, select Settings > Console Settings.
    Select Display.
    Select Closed Caption.
    To customize closed captions, select Use Custom Style > Customize Style

No more black bars! :D

We can try to add your local currency, so that you can subscribe, if you do decide to reconsider. What is it?

• @Sophie New Zealand Dollar.
    As for the black bars problem, I shall see if it makes a difference.
    The Microsoft dropping app support problem really disappoints me and is one of the many reasons I will at some point be moving away from Microsoft as my console preference.

Another problem that most likely cannot be addressed is incomplete shows (For example, Ah! My Goddess only has season 2 available and I can't watch a series without watching it in order,and many others that are missing seasons.) Now in some cases such as Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya where season 1 and season 3 are unavailable for obvious reasons it's understandable,but for other softer shows, it's a massive tease and it would be nice if they could be hidden/not licensed for the countries that aren't allowed to view complete shows.

• EDIT: (Cause I can't edit my posts)
    Tried changing the caption settings, had to change my locale to United States because the option to change caption settings isn't available on the New Zealand Locale setting (which is silly)
    Changing them did not solve anything for the app at all.
    Still the same ugly black boxes.

• @Dosantsu said in Funimation app for xbox 360 (Not a bug thread,just a complaint thread):

EDIT: (Cause I can't edit my posts)

0_1504252339295_Funi edit.jpg

Click on the 3 dots.

• @Nobu said in Funimation app for xbox 360 (Not a bug thread,just a complaint thread):

@Dosantsu said in Funimation app for xbox 360 (Not a bug thread,just a complaint thread):

EDIT: (Cause I can't edit my posts)
    Click on the 3 dots.

That's strange,when I posted the comment that option wasn't in there.
    Funimation forums are so strange.
    Despite being selected as "Show latest posts" all the threads are in order of varying dates.
    Thanks for the information tho.

• @Dosantsu
    The unfortunate part is that all the old consoles have dropped app support in terms of updates. This one basically runs across all last generation of consoles.

• @Sophie said in Funimation app for xbox 360 (Not a bug thread,just a complaint thread):

@Dosantsu Thank you for the feedback. The lag is an app issue, and unfortunately, it is not possible for us to fix it because Microsoft no longer allows updates to Xbox 360 apps.

The appearance of the soft subtitles is handled per app. Luckily, you can change how they look on the Xbox 360 from Console Settings.

On your console, select Settings > Console Settings.
    Select Display.
    Select Closed Caption.
    To customize closed captions, select Use Custom Style > Customize Style

No more black bars! :D

We can try to add your local currency, so that you can subscribe, if you do decide to reconsider. What is it?

Really , they aren't allowing any app updates ? That explains why Netflix never put the 1080P version of their app back up since last December . Heck of a way to kill a popular console . It would still be in my living room if it was 1080P (and had a Blu-ray drive) .

• @sirbiscuit said in [Funimation app for xbox 360 (Not a bug thread,just a complaint thread)](/forum

Really , they aren't allowing any app updates ? That explains why Netflix never put the 1080P version of their app back up since last December . Heck of a way to kill a popular console . It would still be in my living room if it was 1080P (and had a Blu-ray drive) .

It's just Microsoft being assholes as usual.
    Nothing anyone can do about that unless people suddenly boycotted Xbox One(Still a stupid name) and they realize that cutting off Xbox 360 was a bad decision.
    But honestly that will never happen because people value pretty pictures more than stable systems.

• @Dosantsu said in Funimation app for xbox 360 (Not a bug thread,just a complaint thread):

@sirbiscuit said in [Funimation app for xbox 360 (Not a bug thread,just a complaint thread)](/forum

It's just Microsoft being assholes as usual.
    Nothing anyone can do about that unless people suddenly boycotted Xbox One(Still a stupid name) and they realize that cutting off Xbox 360 was a bad decision.
    But honestly that will never happen because people value pretty pictures more than stable systems.

The Media Center function was great . I could stream a movie I had stored on an HTPC to it thru Media Center & even make the aspect ratio fit the TV screen without stretching or zooming in . Just sad ...

• To be honest, i wish SONY and Nintendo would join forces to CRUSH the XBOX once and for all...

• @Dosantsu Weird. I'll see what we can do there. As long as the fix isn't an app update, we can fix the soft subtitle styling. Could you please tell me which episode you were watching, so that I can attempt to reproduce?

• @Sophie

All episodes of Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU and so far half of Aria the Scarlet Ammo.
    I would assume that all shows are doing this because as long as CC is turned on, it happens.

• @Dosantsu Yes, sounds like it. I remember it not acting that way, though, so I'm hoping it's somehow a feed issue and not an app issue.

• Another tiny thing to note that probably won't belong here is that Episode 21 of Aria the Scarlett Ammo AA all the captions are badly out of sync.

• @Dosantsu We are tracking which episodes are out of sync with the closed captions and soft subtitles. Could you please report that here: https://www.funimation.com/contact-us/#contactus-support-form?