Xbox One App Known Issues & Updates

• This is the official thread for FunimationNow Xbox One App support. Please follow this thread for updates to the app and the status of any reported issues. You may also report any issues not listed here and/or ask questions about upcoming updates to the XBox One app.

The Xbox One app is nearly identical to the PS4 app, so here is the Status thread for it just in case you don't see something mentioned in this thread for Xbox One:

https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/13972/playstation-4-app-known-issues-updates

• Known Issues

Legend:
    โš ๏ธ Assessing issue
    ๐Ÿšฉ Open Issue
    โŒIssue cannot be fixed
    โœ”๏ธ Fixed Issue

General:

1. Enter button does nothing on software keyboard when logging in or searching.
      a. Status: ๐Ÿšฉ Reported
      b. We believe this to either be a result of the most recent Xbox One firmware update or just a coincidence. To work around, push B to dismiss the keyboard. The text in the field will be submitted when you submit the form.
      c. Ref: 14041

2. Home screen takes about a minute to load and sometimes times out. Only the menu loads. Other screens, including the video player, also take about a minute to load. Video player playback is also affected. "You have been disconnected from the network" occurs after a few minutes. This is a service-wide issue. All apps are affected.
      a. Status: โœ…Fixed! We had to put a 50-Show limit on Queue. That should be fixed week of 8/14, so that you'll be able to see all Shows in your Queue. There is no longer a limit on Queue.
      b. 12545

3. User logged out of Xbox One app after logging out from another app. This is a service-wide issue that was present before the Xbox One app was developed.
      a. Status: ๐Ÿšฉ In progress.

4. Incorrect prefix text when the next video in the same language and version is not available. It says, "Watch Latest" instead of "Watched".
      a. Status: โŒCannot be fixed.

All Shows, SimulDubs, and Genre Screens:

1. Highest video quality missing from Shows listed on the SimulDubs screen.
      a. Status: โœ…Fixed!

2. Shows that only have SVOD-availed videos do not appear in the list of Shows for Free or anonymous users.
      a. Status: ๐Ÿšฉ Reported

Search:

1. Some Shows have a TV-PG maturity rating instead of R on search results.

Show Detail:

1. Video progress wiped when user watches same language, but different version of same episode. For example, if you watch English/Simulcast and then watch English/Uncut, your progress for English/Simulcast is deleted.
      a. Status: ๐Ÿšฉ In progress. This was previously part of a larger issue and is just now what remains to be fixed.

2. Continue Watching does not play in default language when user has no watch history.
      a. Status: ๐Ÿšฉ Reported.

3. Changing the language in the player does not affect the default option in the Language dropdown in the video list. The default option should be what was watched if the user has watch history for that video.

4. Season names are not truncated in the video list if they are too long. They wrap to two lines and obscure the next option in the Season chooser.

5. Highest video quality is missing from video list metadata.

6. Production year is incorrect in video list metadata. It's the Show's production year instead of the video's original air date year.

Player:

1. Changing the language in the player also changes the version. This only happens if you change the language from English to Japanese while watching English Uncut.

2. After changing the language in the player, player marathons to video in previous language.

3. Closed captions at 100% size are too small.
      b. To get around this, go to system Settings, enable closed captions, and set the text size to 200%.

4. Unable to marathon Shows that only have AVOD videos, like Le Chevalier or Peacemaker.
      a. Status: โœ… Fixed!

5. UI does not disappear completely when paused when user is anonymous.

My Queue:

1. Queue takes a long time to load when it contains more than 50 shows.
      a. Status: โœ… Fixed!

• Feature List & Updates

Features:
    Coming Soon

Updates:

1. Do not update any text in the selected field, including when the field is blank, if the user pushes B to dismiss the keyboard. This is to help with logging in to the app, but will also affect Search.

Minimum Requirements

Coming soon.

• Tips & Troubleshooting

1. If you keep getting the error, "Failed to log in" and you have entered your correct email address into the Email field and your correct password into the Password field:
      a. First check to see if login is working on the FunimationNow service. Try logging in at www.funimation.com. If you can log in, then login is working.
      b. If login is working, then on the Xbox One, you need to make sure that you have pushed the Enter button after entering text into each field. If you push B after entering something into the keyboard, then the app will behave as if the field is empty. Pushing "Enter" actually submits what has been entered into the field. It's a bug sort of. Later, we will be updating the app to clear what has been entered from the keyboard if the user pushes B.
      1. Select the Email field.
      2. Confirm that your email is correct.
      3. Push the Enter button on your controller or select "Done" from the software keyboard.
      4. Select the Password field.
      5. Confirm that your password is correct.
      3. Push the Enter button on your controller or select "Done" from the software keyboard.
      6. You should be able to log in now.

2. The Enter button is not working on the software keyboard. See above issue list. Please push B to dismiss the keyboard. The text you have entered into the field will be submitted when you submit the form.

• Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong spot but the Xbox One App Support Thread is locked.

I'm having an issue with the "My Queue" option; it's not displaying my full queue. It only shows nine out of the nineteen series I have added and the only way to see the rest is to remove one to make room for another one.

I only downloaded the app today and the app version is v0.3.8. I also read that this issue was resolved for the PS4 app. Any idea when this issue for the Xbox One App will be resolved?

• @shanks83 Ah, sorry. It's locked because I'm not quite ready for people to put stuff on that thread yet. Thread is ready to go now!

The Queue issue has been fixed on Xbox One as of v. 0.3.8. You will only see up to 10 Shows in your Queue on the Home screen, so that we can keep the load time on that screen very low.

You can only view your full Queue list on the My Queue screen. To get the My Queue screen:

1. Scroll down to the My Queue carousel on the Home screen:

a. Push LB while you are focused on the first Show in the My Queue carousel on the Home screen. This will send you to the end of the carousel. The select "See more".
      OR
      b. Push RB or Right on the controller to scroll to the end of the My Queue carousel on the Home screen. Then select "See more".

2. Push Y to open the navigation menu. Select "My Queue".

Once on the My Queue screen, focus on the top carousel and push RB or Right to scroll through the list. More of the list will generate as you continue to push RB or Right. The list won't generate, though, until you push RB or Right.

You can also skip to the end of the first "page" of the list of Shows in your Queue. Then push RB or Right to continue through the list.

• @Sophie said in Xbox One App Known Issues & Updates:

@shanks83 Ah, sorry. It's locked because I'm not quite ready for people to put stuff on that thread yet. Thread is ready to go now!

The Queue issue has been fixed on Xbox One as of v. 0.3.8. You will only see up to 10 Shows in your Queue on the Home screen, so that we can keep the load time on that screen very low.

You can only view your full Queue list on the My Queue screen. To get the My Queue screen:

1. Scroll down to the My Queue carousel on the Home screen:

a. Push LB while you are focused on the first Show in the My Queue carousel on the Home screen. This will send you to the end of the carousel. The select "See more".
      OR
      b. Push RB or Right on the controller to scroll to the end of the My Queue carousel on the Home screen. Then select "See more".

2. Push Y to open the navigation menu. Select "My Queue".

Once on the My Queue screen, focus on the top carousel and push RB or Right to scroll through the list. More of the list will generate as you continue to push RB or Right. The list won't generate, though, until you push RB or Right.

You can also skip to the end of the first "page" of the list of Shows in your Queue. Then push RB or Right to continue through the list.

There's no need to apologize for locking the thread. If it wasn't ready; it wasn't ready. I'm just glad it's open now because I'm still having that queue issue after followed your instructions.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app but I'm still not getting my full queue on the "My Queue" page.

• @shanks83 Hmm... That is very strange. We are unable to reproduce the issue here. I think the only other thing it would be is if you have Shows in your Queue that have no official videos. That would cause them to not appear in the list I think. It's been a while since I've specifically tested for that.

If it's not that, then could you list the shows that are in your Queue here? If you'd rather not, I can email you, so that you can send the information privately.

• It was "The Reflection" "And you thought there is never a girl online?".

After reading your post, I removed it and cleared the browser history. Once I restarted the app; my full queue was available.

Thank you so much for your help with this matter. I really appreciated it.

Update

So after fix the issue the first time; I added "And you thought there is never a girl online?" back to my list and "My Queue" stopped working. So I removed it from my queue and reset the app. Upon loading the app, the issue remained. So I cleared the browser history and reset the app a third time and the queue is working again.

• @shanks83 Woah. That's crazy. So, you cleared the browser history on the Xbox One? Is your Queue working with "And you thought there is never a girl online?" in your Queue after doing this?

• App won't start for me. It seems when the Xbox store is down, it won't let me load the Funimation app. Just keeps telling me there's a network error even though I'm connected to the internet. Every other app works fine. Tried reinstalling, tried restarting Xbox, tried different wifi networks. Nothing seems to get it to work.

• @Tdmutchler When Xbox Live is down? http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status Looks like it's up right now. Are you able to access the app?

I can ask if this is the intended behavior or not. I know that when PSN is down, the PlayStation app still works. However, I'm not sure if this is the case for Xbox One.

• @Sophie for some reason, the app was working fine for a few weeks then all of a sudden the Xbox store was having issues and at the same time, I wasn't able to launch the Funimation app. Could be coincidence, I just assumed that was the issue.

However, it seems the issue is still persisting. I launch the app, it remains on the blue screen with the white smiley for about 3 minutes and then says "network error, check your internet connection"

My internet connection is perfectly fine. I've been gaming and streaming other apps just fine. It just won't let me start the Funimation app. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but no success.

• @Sophie said in Xbox One App Known Issues & Updates:

@shanks83 Woah. That's crazy. So, you cleared the browser history on the Xbox One? Is your Queue working with "And you thought there is never a girl online?" in your Queue after doing this?

I cleared the browser history on my laptop; not the Xbox. I think managing my queue through the website (via my laptop) was causing the issue. As I've been able to add "And you thought there is never a girl online?" back to my queue (via the app) with no issues.

• @shanks83 Ah, that makes more sense. I'll have our QA team see if they can reproduce that issue. It's possible that other apps would be affected. Thank you!

@Tdmutchler Have you tried restarting your Xbox One? I think that is the way to clear the cache on it, in case that is the issue. Reinstalling should as well, but let's at least rule this out as well.

• having issue with the Xbox one app this started like 2 hours ago it keep dropping connection in some cases when i play a episode it stop and resume . i have check all my connections here and everything looks good but still having that issue. i don't know it this is a issue with the app it self or issue on your guys side.

• @DruLotus I've seen one other report of this, but for the website. Could you please put in a ticket with Customer Support at www.funimation.com/support? The form is at the bottom of the page. This will help us to collect information and work to fix the issue.

• @Sophie will do

• I can't get funimation to start on my Xbox one anymore. It'seems been like this ever since the change to Funimation Now. When I try it says Network Error. No Internet connection detected. All of my other online apps work perfectly except this one. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and nothing I do seems to work. I have an original Xbox one and am wondering if maybe the app won't work with the older models?

• @tgweinmann What is your Xbox One's model number, and what version of the Xbox One firmware are you running?

• Model number is 1540. I have the most up to date firm ware on it