Fairy Tail on Toonami? Yes or no

• Personally I would love for it to come to the Toonami lineup, it would make for a bigger publicity in the US. Not to mention that Hiro Mashima's "Rave Master" was also on Toonami before it was cancelled and moved to Adult Swim.

What you think? Should Fairy Tail come to Toonami or not?

• I'm good either way. If it comes to Toonami, Awesome! If it doesn't, well at least we still have the Blu-Rays.

• It would be okay. At the very least, it'd be a good change of pace from the Shounen Jump Variety Block

It would definitely be the most childish of the available shows, though, and might have too much fanservice (for both sexes) to be a reasonable option

• @Riles:

It would be okay. At the very least, it'd be a good change of pace from the Shounen Jump Variety Block

It would definitely be the most childish of the available shows, though, and might have too much fanservice (for both sexes) to be a reasonable option

Too Much Fanservice? Fairy Tail? Space Dandy is airing on Toonami and that is full of fanservice. It's got a Hooters equivalent called straight up Boobies and the last episode had a Boobie Monster and the nips were blurred. And that is the first show on the Toonami block. It goes straight from Adventure Time to Boobies.

I think Fairy Tail would fit right in.

• The difference is that the fanservice (if you can even call it that) in Space Dandy is intentionally outrageous and satirical, whereas the fanservice in Fairy Tail is intended to be genuine and sexy, for both male and female viewers

I'm not discounting it, and it's even possible that the fanservice-neutrality works in Fairy Tail's favor, but I certainly don't think using Space Dandy as an example of fanservice is enough to say that Fairy Tail's fanservice would be cool with Toonami's crew

• Fairy Tail can already be seen on the FUNimation Channel (and sometime soon the Movie).

• @Riles:

The difference is that the fanservice (if you can even call it that) in Space Dandy is intentionally outrageous and satirical, whereas the fanservice in Fairy Tail is intended to be genuine and sexy, for both male and female viewers

To me, the fanservice in Fairy Tail does seem genuine and sexy. Everyone is quite physically attractive, but the fanservice doesn't bog down the show in the slightest. It all feels to me like just the right amount. And the characters, while desirable, are still characters. They have personalities, roles, all get a chance to do their things, and they carry the stories of each arc along. And besides, there's plenty of fanservice in One Piece and Toonami has that show already.

• I define fanservice as shots or scenes where the camera is focused on the appearance, or the position, of the male or female body. Truthfully I don't see a whole lot of fanservice in One Piece the same way I see it in Fairy Tail. Yes, the majority of the women in One Piece are unnaturally skinny and have big boobs, and occasionally they wear low-cut t-shirts, but as far as I can remember there hasn't really been anything in the way of intentionally focusing on the boobs or body (off the top of my head, all I can really think of are the outfits in Alabasta, and one bath scene with Nami which I can't recall in which arc it occurs, which in the grand scheme, is very little for a 300+ dubbed run). I think if you wanted to point towards the most fanservice-y show on Toonami (besides the aforementioned Space Dandy), you'd have to look at Sword Art Online and a number of its odd scenes and lingering angles

To be fair to Fairy Tail, it starts out without much of a focus on fanservice, but by the time it gets to the Grand Magic Games in the triple digit episodes, pretty much all bets are off and pretty much every woman is a target for overt fanservice. Even poor Wendy can't escape it >_<

• I will say that compared to other animes with fan service up the yin yang, the stuff in Fairy Tail is moderately mild. the only underwear I've seen are Gray's and in the manga once it was Cana and that was just because she didn't have a bathing suit. Everything is conveniently censored but the stuff they do show is just meant to make you laugh. Granted there is onsen stuff too but its still censored. I doubt some raunchy humor will be an issue given its not the main focus of the plot.

• if they put one piece i bet fairytail would fit right in ;)

• I think we will see it someday something has to replace Bleach

• I personally favor having Fairy Tail on Toonami.

• Fairy Tail is my favorite anime EVER! If it came on toonami that would make my life complete! It has FANTASTIC arcs and lovable characters! What more could you ask for? :D

• Really wish they would bring the show. I haven't got a chance to watch the series at all, so it would a good time for Toonami to get the show.

• @snowfairy:

Fairy Tail is my favorite anime EVER! If it came on toonami that would make my life complete! It has FANTASTIC arcs and lovable characters! What more could you ask for? :D

Not to mention great fight scenes.

Still, I think after Bleach's last episode aired, Fairy Tail should have replaced it. But they replayed Bleach instead.

• Bleach reruns are probably free, just like AoT reruns. at the moment, Toonami 's budget is pretty much gone, so something like Fairy Tail would not be possible

• If it's a budgetary concern, then if their fiscal year is based on the calendar year, we might get something new in January. There's always hope!

• Yes, Fairy Tail should be on Toonami. I'm supprised that they didn't add it yet, Fairy Tail would be perfect for Toonami. I really hope that they add it soon.

• I agree, Fairy Tail would be a perfect fit on Toonami. Though, I'm unable to watch Toonami due to its wonky schedule. Still though, it would be a great addition.

• I would love Toonami to air Fairy Tail it would fit right in i really hope they add it soon.

• I'm still supprised that Fairy Tail isn't on Toonami yet. Will FUNimation ever air this show on TV? What hell is taking them so long, why isn't it on Toonami yet!? I really hope that they air it soon, I'm getting really tired of waiting! I don't understand why it isn't on Toonami yet, Fairy Tail would be perfect for it.