The Funimation Edited episodes that air on CN Toonami in 2007-2008

• Does anybody know if Funimation still does those edited episodes? Or did they stop doing edited episodes of one piece ones Toonami on CN cancel it? Anyone who doesn't remember after Funimation took over for 4kids dub on Toonami. Funimation still use the edited names that 4kids established for the TV broadcast on CN Toonami. Example Zoro was called Zolo in Funimation TV edited version of one piece for TV. Similar to how Dragonball Z Kai was with edit name or change of dialogue to talk about death. I am also curious to have wondered if Funimation had got to the part where that Brooke how the edited version would've been handled since you know 4kids skip the arc all together. And since Funimation edit version was falling 4kids dub with name that is. I wonder what they would've done had they gotten that far on Toonami. But One Piece was cancel on CN Toonami right before Toonami was cancel as a block. Just curious if anyone knows if they still do dub that version or not. I know that had edited of Dragonball Super that they had in wait if a TV Network wanted to pick up via what Chris the voice of Hercules told geekdom.

• @gohan6425 said in The Funimation Edited episodes that air on CN Toonami in 2007-2008:

Just curious if anyone knows if they still do dub that version or not.

I'm pretty sure they stopped doing that when they returned to Toonami with episode 205, if not before their first stoppage.

• @Nobu said in The Funimation Edited episodes that air on CN Toonami in 2007-2008:

@gohan6425 said in The Funimation Edited episodes that air on CN Toonami in 2007-2008:

Just curious if anyone knows if they still do dub that version or not.

I'm pretty sure they stopped doing that when they returned to Toonami with episode 205, if not before their first stoppage.

@Nobu When it returned to adult swim Toonami that was different. Adult swim only airs uncut the stuff. CN Toonami aired edited anime example Naruto was edited for the TV broadcast but not for adults swim version. That's why you got uncut Dragon Ball Super as well as uncut Dragonball Z Kai air there. Rather then edited version of Kai. Also they actually have an edited version of Dragon Ball Super that has yet to aired on television The guy who voices Hercules confirmed it on an interview with Geekdom. Funimation has to have edited versions of all their properties in case a network during the day wants to have their show on TV they have to have an edited version available. No the same thing could be the same case with one piece since they already started doing it for Toonami CN run with One Piece.