2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!

• So after hearing that a sequel of the console Attack on Titan game is coming early next year that should give an English Dub Screw last year of getting a English Dub we should get one this year it's a very popular anime. I realised other anime games are being announced over here more recently. So there are many more games that should be getting an English dub So with The Seven Deadly Sins Knights of Brintannia, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker, Little Witch Academia: The Chamber of Time, Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet and the Attack on Titan Season 2. What other games SHOULD get an English Dub.

• So right after I told you not to whine about it in the other thread, you immediately went and created a brand new thread on the very topic in question just so you could whine about it.

Unbelievable. -_-

• @SpacemanHardy said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

So right after I told you not to whine about it in the other thread, you immediately went and created a brand new thread on the very topic in question just so you could whine about it.

Unbelievable. -_-

@SpacemanHardy Correction you said in his thread that I couldn't talk about it however I opened up my own a discussion thread discussing this issue which is completely legal. @JayHairston or @administrators I think would agree. Also it's not "whining" either.

• @SpacemanHardy said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

So right after I told you not to whine about it in the other thread, you immediately went and created a brand new thread on the very topic in question just so you could whine about it.

Unbelievable. -_-

@gohan6425 said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

@SpacemanHardy correction you said in his thread that I couldn't talk about it however I opened up my own a discussion thread discussing this issue which is completely legal. @JayHairston or @administrators I think would agree. Also it's not "whining" either.

I'm gonna agree with Rice here. You said to not talk about it in the other thread, not that he couldn't make his own.

And last I was aware we didn't instigate a "no more 4+ threads of code geass stuff" type of rule here.

And I'm going to add my own two cents here:

So after hearing that a sequel of the console Attack on Titan game is coming early next year that should give an English Dub Screw last year of getting a English Dub we should get one this year it's a very popular anime. I realised other anime games are being announced over here more recently. So there are many more games that should be getting an English dub So with The Seven Deadly Sins Knights of Brintannia, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker, Little Witch Academia: The Chamber of Time, Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet and the Attack on Titan Season 2. What other games SHOULD get an English Dub.

You have publishers to look at here. Koei Tecmo (responsible for AoT) aren't really known for dubs (or even good ones). I can ONLY name two game serieses, Dynasty Warriors and Atelier, that reliably get dubbed. You pretty much know that console releases of DBZ and Naruto get dubbed (personally no love lost from me if Naruto didn't get dubbed, I do like the JP voices a lot more, its annoying having inconsistencies with character voicing, DBZ on the other hand should be dubbed, Goku just sounds better voiced by Sean as opposed to Masako)

WAIT A SECOND, I JUST REALIZED THAT THE JP VA FOR GOKU IS NAMED MASAKO, DID TFS USE MASAKOX ON PURPOSE!? (I literally just looked her up, I didn't know her name before now)

Personally I hate SAO so I wouldn't mind if they never made a game ever and/or if they stopped making more.

Would love to see a MHA game though, that'd be cool to make my own character with their own quirk.

I personally would play AoT and Naruto in JP voices, I am most familiar with them and I actually prefer the MC voices as the JP ones (I do like some side characters as Eng voiced but they aren't prominent enough).

It would be way better if you could choose a dub track for each character, I've only seen it done once but when I saw it I was like "wait, why aren't all games like this?" I mean, I play with subtitles on if the option is there anyway, regardless of language track.

• @darthrutsula40 said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

@SpacemanHardy said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

Unbelievable. -_-

@SpacemanHardy correction you said in his thread that I couldn't talk about it however I opened up my own a discussion thread discussing this issue which is completely legal. @JayHairston or @administrators I think would agree. Also it's not "whining" either.

I'm gonna agree with Rice here. You said to not talk about it in the other thread, not that he couldn't make his own.

And last I was aware we didn't instigate a "no more 4+ threads of code geass stuff" type of rule here.

And I'm going to add my own two cents here:

So after hearing that a sequel of the console Attack on Titan game is coming early next year that should give an English Dub Screw last year of getting a English Dub we should get one this year it's a very popular anime. I realised other anime games are being announced over here more recently. So there are many more games that should be getting an English dub So with The Seven Deadly Sins Knights of Brintannia, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker, Little Witch Academia: The Chamber of Time, Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet and the Attack on Titan Season 2. What other games SHOULD get an English Dub.

You have publishers to look at here. Koei Tecmo (responsible for AoT) aren't really known for dubs (or even good ones). I can ONLY name two game serieses, Dynasty Warriors and Atelier, that reliably get dubbed. You pretty much know that console releases of DBZ and Naruto get dubbed (personally no love lost from me if Naruto didn't get dubbed, I do like the JP voices a lot more, its annoying having inconsistencies with character voicing, DBZ on the other hand should be dubbed, Goku just sounds better voiced by Sean as opposed to Masako)

WAIT A SECOND, I JUST REALIZED THAT THE JP VA FOR GOKU IS NAMED MASAKO, DID TFS USE MASAKOX ON PURPOSE!? (I literally just looked her up, I didn't know her name before now)

Personally I hate SAO so I wouldn't mind if they never made a game ever and/or if they stopped making more.

Would love to see a MHA game though, that'd be cool to make my own character with their own quirk.

I personally would play AoT and Naruto in JP voices, I am most familiar with them and I actually prefer the MC voices as the JP ones (I do like some side characters as Eng voiced but they aren't prominent enough).

It would be way better if you could choose a dub track for each character, I've only seen it done once but when I saw it I was like "wait, why aren't all games like this?" I mean, I play with subtitles on if the option is there anyway, regardless of language track.

@darthrutsula40 Attck on Titan is popular enough to get an English dub an absolutely deserves it the voice actors are amazing. As for the Naruto video game that is almost certainly going to be English dub though I massively behind so I'm not sure if I should buy it anyways since Toonami is look not even close to the next anime series. Sword art online is popular enough to get an English dub and also their games have actually sold very well so going bypass the comments Logic it should've already gotten an English dub already. As for Dragonball Z yes that is definitely getting an English dub asked to your other question of the Japanese voice actor of Goku yes the team four star Goku named his YouTube Name after the Japanese Goku Voice Actor. But yes I prefer Sean as well. In my opinion adults males should be voiced by guys no matter what no disrespect anybody who likes the Japanese voice of Goku and all but that's just my opinion on it.

• @darthrutsula40 Oh, don't get me wrong, I never said he couldn't create his own thread on the topic. He's not doing anything wrong and I'm not going to take any action against it. It just doesn't mean that I can't help but be a little miffed about having to hear this exact same argument all over again for the thousandth time. -_-*

But no, please, continue.

@darthrutsula40 Oh, don't get me wrong, I never said he couldn't create his own thread on the topic. He's not doing anything wrong and I'm not going to take any action against it. It just doesn't mean that I can't help but be a little miffed about having to hear this exact same argument all over again for the thousandth time. -_-*

But no, please, continue.

I honestly think it wouldn't be so bad if people would STOP FRIGGIN TRIGGERING HIM. Honest discussion is one thing but it feels like it breaks down to just screaming at each other, with no real outcome.

• It's fine to want dubs. I just can't believe you pretty much copied my exact thread just changed the last sentence. Since two of those games already have a dub announced or ripped English lines from an older game. I just wanted to have a discussion of what looks cool or interesting or talk about the gameplay of a game. Not have thread be like "No dub no buy." Not unless dubs are the most important part of a game to you and everything else doesn't matter.

• @MidnightAoshi said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

It's fine to want dubs. I just can't believe you pretty much copied my exact thread just changed the last sentence. Since two of those games already have a dub announced or ripped English lines from an older game. I just wanted to have a discussion of what looks cool or interesting or talk about the gameplay of a game. Not have thread be like "No dub no buy." Not unless dubs are the most important part of a game to you and everything else doesn't matter.

@MidnightAoshi I didn't copy 100% of what you said I actually change more than just one sentence. Also to answer your last sentence, YES 100% matters and is the most important part of the game.

• Personally my stance is I'm just glad to get the game officially licensed and translates all the text and menus so I can understand it without me having to go through the extra work to import or try and understand game mechanics / objectives I just wouldn't have understood prior.

I get a dub is nice and I would prefer, but for some situations I'm just glad to even get a game localized to the U.S.

Like crossover titles like Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax or J-Stars Victory VS there was physically no way you could pull off dubbing any of those games properly given just how many hands are in the cookie jars for those projects.

• @classyspartan said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

Personally my stance is I'm just glad to get the game officially licensed and translates all the text and menus so I can understand it without me having to go through the extra work to import or try and understand game mechanics / objectives I just wouldn't have understood prior.

I get a dub is nice and I would prefer, but for some situations I'm just glad to even get a game localized to the U.S.

Like crossover titles like Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax or J-Stars Victory VS there was physically no way you could pull off dubbing any of those games properly given just how many hands are in the cookie jars for those projects.

@classyspartan Oh that video game nope did not buy that never will because they never Dub it. No Dub no sale. There's no point in the video game getting license if they don't plan to dub it. It is a essential to the video game.

• Got it. That's your stance / opinion on the matter. I get the frustration but if it's something I genuinely enjoy and would want to play then I will go ahead and get it dub or sub.

• @classyspartan said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

Got it. That's your stance / opinion on the matter. I get the frustration but if it's something I genuinely enjoy and would want to play then I will go ahead and get it dub or sub.

That's my stance as well, If I'm interested in it enough, I really don't care if it's dubbed, after all it's the Story / Gameplay that matters most to me.

• How about no

• @gohan6425 said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

@MidnightAoshi said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

It's fine to want dubs. I just can't believe you pretty much copied my exact thread just changed the last sentence. Since two of those games already have a dub announced or ripped English lines from an older game. I just wanted to have a discussion of what looks cool or interesting or talk about the gameplay of a game. Not have thread be like "No dub no buy." Not unless dubs are the most important part of a game to you and everything else doesn't matter.

@MidnightAoshi I didn't copy 100% of what you said I actually change more than just one sentence. Also to answer your last sentence, YES 100% matters and is the most important part of the game.

So essentially a game can be garbage and just because its dubbed you'll buy it, do you not see the flaw in your logic. The actual gameplay should be the most important, many very good rpgs had no voice acting at all, like Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire, you don't need voice acting to have a good game, heck the Legend of Zelda just barely added voice acting for breath of the wild and its minimal at best, that game series has survived without voice acting at all, so you're telling me you boycotted the entire Zelda franchise because there is no english dub or voice overs, can you not see the flaws in your logic here?

• @shadowking01 said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

So essentially a game can be garbage and just because its dubbed you'll buy it, do you not see the flaw in your logic. The actual gameplay should be the most important, many very good rpgs had no voice acting at all, like Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire, you don't need voice acting to have a good game, heck the Legend of Zelda just barely added voice acting for breath of the wild and its minimal at best, that game series has survived without voice acting at all, so you're telling me you boycotted the entire Zelda franchise because there is no english dub or voice overs, can you not see the flaws in your logic here?

@shadowking01 legend of Zelda games had no voice is that all they occasionally had some sound effects of link getting hurt and what not but that was about it. I'm talking about games with voice acting in it if it's not dub then it's not good it. I honestly don't care really that much about gameplay as long as the game is playable. I enjoy having fun with the game that I've seen on TV I don't play stupid games that are made up just for a video game. I only like playing video games that are based on TV shows or what not for most part.

@shadowking01 said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

@shadowking01 legend of Zelda games had no voice is that all they occasionally had some sound effects of link getting hurt and what not but that was about it. I'm talking about games with voice acting in it if it's not dub then it's not good it. I honestly don't care really that much about gameplay as long as the game is playable. I enjoy having fun with the game that I've seen on TV I don't play stupid games that are made up just for a video game. I only like playing video games that are based on TV shows or what not for most part.

The above poster was talking about Breath of the Wild, which has legit voice acting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO5RtXgIZtA

0_1503523343360_Fairy Tail Reaction 4.jpg

• @emdier said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

@shadowking01 said in 2018 Anime video games that should get an English Dub!:

The above poster was talking about Breath of the Wild, which has legit voice acting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO5RtXgIZtA

@emdier And? It's an English voice actor therefore they made an English dub version so it prove my point.

0_1503523343360_Fairy Tail Reaction 4.jpg

@classyspartan I play games that are based on shows from TV. I played Dragonball Z Naruto Yu-Gi-Oh The 4Kids One Piece ps2 video games (because you know they were English dubbed) yes it was a thing, and I like the voices. I also have a terminator game. PlayStation twos at Zatch Bell which is English Dub Game. RWBY Video Game. Etc.

• @gohan6425 Well, I mean... If that's what you prefer, then that's okay, I guess. It's just that.... you're missing out on some of the greatest video games ever made if you only limit yourself to games based on TV shows.

Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Persona... heck, even Mario (even though he did have his own show). It just seems like you're needlessly limiting yourself to what you could possibly enjoy by ignoring games that are just.... games.