SimulDub™ Summer 2017 – Your Funimation Staycation Awaits

• Check out the Summer SimulDub line-up featuring an exclusive track by rapper SkyBlew! (Prod. SublimeCloud) “One For All!”

Listen to the full track over at https://soundcloud.com/skyblewmusic/one-for-all-prod-sublimecloud

It's soooooo gooooooood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5zicFTtBWs

• @JayHairston Now if only Funimation Will release the lost Bruce falconer track that people have claim Funimation have never been released on cd. Or Bruce himself. Wishful thinking...

• @JayHairston

Can someone ye explain why FUNimation insists upon using a ™ for SimulDub™ each time? A simple "SimulDub" need not suffice?

I quite literally just went "off the road" on this topic several days ago; the very last time ye was @'ed, and now.....

I needz me Episode *7 of 18if......

• @thegrandalliance said in SimulDub™ Summer 2017 – Your Funimation Staycation Awaits:

@JayHairston

Can someone ye explain why FUNimation insists upon using a ™ for SimulDub™ each time? A simple "SimulDub" need not suffice? ...

I quite literally just went "off the road" on this topic several days ago; the very last time ye was @'ed, and now.....

I needz me Episode *7 of 18if......

@thegrandalliance Because Funimation owns the trademark to "SimulDub" as in no one is allowed to use that name other than Funimation. That why the TM there.

• @gohan6425

Hmm, yes... I was gonna go on, and on, but then I looked it up:

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/

Word Mark
    SIMULDUB
    Goods and Services
    IC 038. US 100 101 104. G & S: streaming of audiovisual and multimedia content via the internet; transmission of audiovisual and multimedia content via the internet; video-on-demand transmission services; broadcasting of television programs
    Standard Characters Claimed
    Mark Drawing Code
    (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
    Serial Number
    Filing Date
    October 21, 2016
    Current Basis
    1B
    Original Filing Basis
    1B
    Published for Opposition
    March 14, 2017
    Owner
    (APPLICANT) Funimation Productions, Ltd. Funimation GP, LLC, a Texas limited liability company LIMITED PARTNERSHIP TEXAS Building 1 1200 Lakeside Parkway Flower Mound TEXAS 75028
    Attorney of Record
    Martha J. Engel
    Type of Mark
    SERVICE MARK
    Register
    PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator
    LIVE

Of course, at some point they should be using the ® instead, if the filling is completed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registered_trademark_symbol

Again, @gohan6425 my point isn't why there is a TM per se... The better q is, why? Is it such a big deal to have it filed? Is Aniplex/Sentai really gonna nerf your term?

They cannot even do the supposed Simuldubs right, anyways. A disgrace to the name. Case in point 18if, AkibaStrip... Hardly a "Simultaneous Dub". More like *WannaDub; but o wait it is delayed again...

*Broadcast Dub, is more accurate... They been using it for years previously, np. And, O BTW again, they don't TM spam the hell out of that one either, @JayHairston even though they also "own" that one too...

Word Mark
    BROADCAST DUB
    Goods and Services
    IC 038. US 100 101 104. G & S: streaming of audiovisual and multimedia content via the internet; transmission of audiovisual and multimedia content via the internet; video-on-demand transmission services. FIRST USE: 20160700. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20160700
    Standard Characters Claimed
    Mark Drawing Code
    (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
    Serial Number
    Filing Date
    October 21, 2016
    Current Basis
    1A
    Original Filing Basis
    1B
    Date Amended to Current Register
    July 18, 2017
    Owner
    (APPLICANT) Funimation Productions, Ltd. Funimation GP, LLC, a Texas limited liability company LIMITED PARTNERSHIP TEXAS Building 1 1200 Lakeside Parkway Flower Mound TEXAS 75028
    Attorney of Record
    Martha J. Engel
    Type of Mark
    SERVICE MARK
    Register
    SUPPLEMENTAL
    Live/Dead Indicator
    LIVE

FUNimation is commin' for ya guns, Sentai and Co...

...yet I see no Broadcast Dub™ anywhere. Missing the ™, I think...

So I ask again, why the ™ on SimulDub™?

...As their sacrilegious brand they cling onto so dearly for life, not living up to the hype, I think. A sinking brand impression, and its theirs. Brilliant. Sony's problem now.

Indeed, as if they are to trademark anything, the real question is y they never seem to have done so with the One to Rule Them All...

• I am behind. I need to catch up on Centaurs life and start Classroom of the Elitie and Knights and Magic

• @thegrandalliance said in SimulDub™ Summer 2017 – Your Funimation Staycation Awaits:

They cannot even do the supposed Simuldubs right, anyways. A disgrace to the name. Case in point 18if, AkibaStrip... Hardly a "Simultaneous Dub".

They've never claimed to be simultaneous. That itch will never be scratched.

alt text

• If only I could watch Tenshi no 3p here...I really hate renewing my CR sub especially for only 1 show.

• @Queenira classroom of the elite is really good and so is knights and magic you really need to get on it lol your missing out

• @deathforge666 I know. Podcast backlog is a journey. I did start tsudere children tho

• i'm getting a kick out of that one it reminds me of some of the kids i went to highschool with lol

• Tsudere Children is like the most hilarious and personal attack on my high school years. also it's the Funimation smooth operator derby.

Austin "Money Man" Tindle is in the lead with Ricco "Less fire, less emo" Fajardo close on his tail with Kyle "who the f is kyle" Phillips bringing up the rear