2018 Anime games

• So after hearing that a sequel of the console Attack on Titan game is coming early next year I realised a lot of anime games are being announced over here more recently. At least more than usual. So with The Seven Deadly Sins Knights of Brintannia, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker, Little Witch Academia: The Chamber of Time, Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet and the Attack on Titan Season 2 game anybody interested in any of them? Let's not talk about that they need to be dubbed though.

• Don't forget .Hack//G.U. Last Recode, Digimon Story: Hacker's Memory, Gundam Versus and I consider this one anime because Studio Ghibli does the animation for it, Ni No Kuni 2

• @MidnightAoshi said in 2018 Anime games:

Let's not talk about that they need to be dubbed though.

@MidnightAoshi It need a English Dub or no sale...

Also what news on a squeal for Attack On Titan video game?

• @gohan6425 The second AOT game was announced a day or two ago. You can watch the trailer HERE. Their are some rumours saying it'll be released to coincide with S3 of the anime, but that's not confirmed as of yet.

As for an anime game I'm looking forward too... I'm not really sure. I haven't seen many anime games that've caught my attention. I would suggest Ni No Kuni 2, but Ghibli aren't doing the animation/art for the game as they did for the original. If they count maybe Danganronpa v3.

• @Tibs said in 2018 Anime games:

@gohan6425 The second AOT game was announced a day or two ago. You can watch the trailer HERE. Their are some rumours saying it'll be released to coincide with S3 of the anime, but that's not confirmed as of yet.

As for an anime game I'm looking forward too... I'm not really sure. I haven't seen many anime games that've caught my attention. I would suggest Ni No Kuni 2, but Ghibli aren't doing the animation/art for the game as they did for the original. If they count maybe Danganronpa v3.

@Tibs That doesn't confirm what I want to hear and that's it be English Dub. No Dub no sale. These gaming companies need to stop being freaking lazy the show a hit and Deserve and English dub.

• The Naruto game has me very interested, but, I'm not really interested in those other games.

They all, for the most part, play similarly, makes them boring to play.

• @gohan6425 It's not always up to the development team. I think you want to point your anger towards either the publisher (for AOT it'd be KOEI TECMO), or whomever they hired to localize it. Also we still may see an English cast for the game, I'd wager localization, and thus translation hasn't even begun yet.

@gohan6425 It's not always up to the development team. I think you want to point your anger towards either the publisher (for AOT it'd be KOEI TECMO), or whomever they hired to localize it. Also we still may see an English cast for the game, I'd wager localization, and thus translation hasn't even begun yet.

@Tibs Last year video game was not English dub also I did email Koei several months ago about an English dub in it and they only replied to me "thank you for your feedback". Publishers this day and age for video games are so freaking lazy it's not even funny when it comes to anime. Back in the PlayStation 2 Era you got numbers animes English Dub.

• Like it or not Anime Games and Warriors Games in general are a niche market and at the end of the day they are a business so if they believe they won't make enough of a profit to a dub a game they won't, heck I would've liked to have all the SAO games dubbed but they went with sub only at least as of Lost Song I haven't played the most recent SAO games. I know that's not what you want to hear and also you might get better results to speaking to the reps in person, do you realize how many emails they probably get per day. Just because a game isn't dubbed doesn't make it a bad game, you won't buy it sure, but there are many people who will. I am one of them. Not all games will do well enough to constitute the cost of paying voice actors to do the dub, they don't dub games for free.

• @gohan6425 Damn, that kinda sucks. Now that I'm thinking about it, I can't recall any KOEI TECMO game that has received dub treatment. I've got to hand it to NIS America and ATLUS, they're the only ones I can think of that regularly do dubs on what they publish over here. I wonder if that's why they both seem to do pretty well these days? A special sauce, if you will.

Still from what I hear AOT 1's dialogue had no VA about half way in. Instead they relied on text boxes to tell the story after season 1 of the anime. As I haven't played the game, I can't 100% confirm this though.

• @shadowking01 said in 2018 Anime games:

Like it or not Anime Games and Warriors Games in general are a niche market and at the end of the day they are a business so if they believe they won't make enough of a profit to a dub a game they won't, heck I would've liked to have all the SAO games dubbed but they went with sub only at least as of Lost Song I haven't played the most recent SAO games. I know that's not what you want to hear and also you might get better results to speaking to the reps in person, do you realize how many emails they probably get per day. Just because a game isn't dubbed doesn't make it a bad game, you won't buy it sure, but there are many people who will. I am one of them. Not all games will do well enough to constitute the cost of paying voice actors to do the dub, they don't dub games for free.

@shadowking01 1 The game WILL make a profit it huge here. There just cheap. 2 SAO is another example of gaming company screw it over. Game sale wherein it 1st game yet it got NO Dub in the games afterwords. And it seen there doing same thing with AOT. Even if it get good numbers that WILL NOT DUB IT. B/c now that can be like either A oh there not buying ok we will not bring game over to the USA, or B If the game get enough money that will not dub it the next time around b/c that be like of there buying it just sub anywhere why do we need to dub it. IT JUST BEGIN LAZY CHEAP! Plain and sample! As for talking to a speaking to the reps in person, HOW? Do you know a phone number to called so I can talk to them!?

@gohan6425 Damn, that kinda sucks. Now that I'm thinking about it, I can't recall any KOEI TECMO game that has received dub treatment. I've got to hand it to NIS America and ATLUS, they're the only ones I can think of that regularly do dubs on what they publish over here. I wonder if that's why they both seem to do pretty well these days? A special sauce, if you will.

Still from what I hear AOT 1's dialogue had no VA about half way in. Instead they relied on text boxes to tell the story after season 1 of the anime. As I haven't played the game, I can't 100% confirm this though.

@Tibs AOT 1 was Subtitle only I seen the trailer for it. And was VERY piss about it. I wanted English Dub.

• I'm going to ask nicely first but can we please stop talking about games needing or should being dubbed. This thread was about what games looks interesting.

@gohan6425 Damn, that kinda sucks. Now that I'm thinking about it, I can't recall any KOEI TECMO game that has received dub treatment. I've got to hand it to NIS America and ATLUS, they're the only ones I can think of that regularly do dubs on what they publish over here. I wonder if that's why they both seem to do pretty well these days? A special sauce, if you will.

Koei Tecmo has dubbed games, the most prominent example being Dynasty Warriors. Atelier games have also been dubbed.

But Koei Tecmo sucks.

Platinum, Atlus, Idea Factory, Bamco, Square Enix and Capcom are pretty good.

I'm going to ask nicely first but can we please stop talking about games needing or should being dubbed. This thread was about what games looks interesting.

Sony has been stepping up their lineup recently, I'm really liking it. Just adding salt to the Xbox wounds.

Monster Hunter World is the game I'm looking forward to most.

I WOULD have interest in Battlefront and Wolfenstein but given the developers (EA and Bethesda) I know I won't enjoy them. EA likes to sell half their game and add the other half later for a premium (though I heard the DLC for BFront is going to be free but I'm going to add an ocean's amount of salt on that one) and Bethesda can't be bothered to even fill in their game, they just love copious amounts of empty space and have some sort of aversion to patching, leaving it for the mod community.

• Anime-wise the only upcoming games I can think of that I'm excited for are Danganronpa 3 and the Little Witch Academia game. I guess you can also add the official English translations of Little Busters and Rewrite.

• Yeah if Danganronpa V3 counts as an anime game then that's my most anticipated title coming up. The Little Witch Academia one's pretty cool too, and of course FighterZ, and mild intrigue in Shinobi Strikers now that I know it's got a character creator system.

I'm going to ask nicely first but can we please stop talking about games needing or should being dubbed. This thread was about what games looks interesting.

I'm in agreement with Aoshi here. Let's not turn this into another thread where everyone whines and complains about the lack of dubs and instead try to focus on the games themselves. Agreed?

• and mild intrigue in Shinobi Strikers now that I know it's got a character creator system.

It would be really cool if there is/was a campaign that started from the very beginning utilizing that 4v4 system.

Like playing as the members of Team 7 fighting Haku and Zabuza, or competing in the Chunin exams as the various leaf shinobi, or fighting Pain when he attacked the Leaf as all the ninja he ended up fighting. It would also be cool if they upped the difficulty so that its not impossibly hard but not laughably easy to beat these characters. Keep in mind that everyone in Konoha was unable to beat Nagato except for Naruto, but that was after he let loose. Like as Hinata you have to free Naruto but every time you knock a pole off him Nagato skirmished you, but you lost every time. I guess I just want a game to make a fight as difficult as it was portrayed in it's source material, or just in general.

I'm in agreement with Aoshi here. Let's not turn this into another thread where everyone whines and complains about the lack of dubs and instead try to focus on the games themselves. Agreed?

And by everyone you mean someone?

• It's fine to want dubs. It's just that the topic has been discussed multiple times and it always turned ugly which I don't want.

I knew I did forget a few. It's just the few I named I remember being announced all within a few months. Danganronpa 3 and Ni No Kuni 2 are both going to be great. But I meant games that are coming out next year or have a manga or anime to it already.

But for me I am interested in the Naruto game for the character creator. Plus I'm intrigued how the Sword Art Online game night turn out since its being made by Dimps.

It's fine to want dubs. It's just that the topic has been discussed multiple times and it always turned ugly which I don't want.

I knew I did forget a few. It's just the few I named I remember being announced all within a few months. Danganronpa 3 and Ni No Kuni 2 are both going to be great. But I meant games that are coming out next year or have a manga or anime to it already.

But for me I am interested in the Naruto game for the character creator. Plus I'm intrigued how the Sword Art Online game night turn out since its being made by Dimps.

Code Vein is also a thing (made by Bamco and its pretty much anime-dark souls based on what I've read).

Death Stranding (not exactly anime but is a "japanese" game) will either be released in 2018 or 2019.

• I'm don't usually consider myself a gamer, but saw mention of ReWrite above. Anybody have an info link for this game? Watched season 2 of the anime this spring, and am really interested in the prospect of a game.