The stated of 4KMedia/Konami and Yu-Gi-Oh!

• So I just watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygy--bDTQU8 "The History of 4Kids Entertainment PART 3 - The Media Chronicle (2K Subscriber Special PART 1)"

Ok I left a comment about some of the things he claim about:

"OK there are some things very incorrect here. The real reason why Yu-Gi-Oh dark side of dimensions didn't really do good in the theaters was due to the fact they did not promote very well and put them in the wrong theaters. Like example Dragonball Z battle of gods and Dragonball Z revival of f work in theaters like the regal and we're close by to my local area. Yu-Gi-Oh Darkside of dimensions however there was not one theater that was running Yu-Gi-Oh Darkside of dimensions closest one was about three hours away! All the theater titles that Funimation has given limited theater runs to Dragonball Z You Name Black Butler and even most recently Fairy Tail. We're all in theaters close to my local area. Yu-Gi-Oh on the other hand did not do this now this to me is just bad marketing by Konami! B/c had it been around my local theater I would have bought it and would've gone to see it again there was another screening as I recently just bought the Blu-ray and enjoyed the movie! This is the reason why you didn't do that good the theaters that we're hosting it we're not popular theaters at all. They should've gone to areas that would've drawn in more money. Also it was only about 500 theaters not 800. I also doubt very highly that they're going to be selling any time soon to, Konami need Yu-Gi-Oh for the real life card game which is still very popular. 4KMedia aka Konami is 4Kids they sold the company and the production to produce office for the dubs to Konami along with The Yu-Gi-Oh title. Now in terms of crew Konami wanting to license other anime. They totally can do it if they want to it's just a matter of if they want to and of course the company that owns it in Japan would be willing to license to then. Personally I would like them to get Pokémon back so they can get Veronica Taylor back as Ash wishful thinking if you ask me... Also that just open up an Yu-Gi-Oh App Game with the 4Kids Voice Actor Yu-Gi-Oh is not going anywhere..." Me

Let not for forgot that Dub Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V Season 3 which is airing in Canada currently. Guess is good as to when Nicktoons will air Season 3 in the USA. -_-

• @gohan6425 Honestly I hope Konami just dies off. Their a terrible company that harass their employees, are terrible at promoting their products and are just cheap. They'll just hold onto their licenses and just keep on making themed pachinko machines with them. I'd rather support Aniplex of America than support them.

Also you still don't believe that 4Licensing is still 4kids after seeing that?

• @MidnightAoshi said in The stated of 4KMedia/Konami and Yu-Gi-Oh!:

@gohan6425 Honestly I hope Konami just dies off. Their a terrible company that harass their employees, are terrible at promoting their products and are just cheap. They'll just hold onto their licenses and just keep on making themed pachinko machines with them. I'd rather support Aniplex of America than support them.

Also you still don't believe that 4Licensing is still 4kids after seeing that?

@MidnightAoshi Well he's wrong it is and he even flat out states it. But he worded wrong. 4Kids is 4KMedia because they bought the production company office department aka 4Kids which is where that did all the English dubs of animes in the past. They're terrible because they don't know how to market anime Konami card game company not an anime company they know how to market the card game of Yu-Gi-Oh! They don't know how to market the anime. That's the problem and no I do not want it to die because I don't want a company like Funimation or Viz to get it and f*** the dub over! Which that will do. Recast all the great voice actors and then try to revert all the names back and I Don't want that. Don't be like viz media and have us have Japanese text cards rather than English cards like in the movies. Yu-Gi-Oh Darkside of dimension proves you can have anime cards in English text! Example viz medias hunter x hunter keeps the Japanese text then and then just put an overlay of English text rather than just take the Japanese text out and put English text in like they should be since it's an English dubbed! I do not want that to happen to my Yu-Gi-Oh franchise Yu-Gi-Oh is the last remnants anime that actually caters to the English audience rather than try to keep Japanese elements in place when we're doing a freaking English dub. Also if you read my comment I debunk him. That was the point of me making this thread. -_-

• @gohan6425 Then you might as well email or call this company since they still say 4kids is part of them and own some shows that were on 4kids still. Which if you say Konami bought them then 4KMedia should have them.

Konami with any of their properties are terrible. Since they helped make Gurren Lagon they teased multiple times that something big was going to happen which people thought they were going to make a new season or movie. But it ended up being pachinko machines. Plus since their a gaming company they cancelled stuff that a lot of people were hyped for but said they rather not spend a lot money with anything. Since anime isn't cheap to make or even license also I doubt they'll do anything new other than Yugioh since their card games prints money.

Plus they harass their employees while they work there and if they leave without them allowing it they'll blackmail them by ruining employers reputation. That's why a lot of people say F**K Konami

@gohan6425 Then you might as well email or call this company since they still say 4kids is part of them and own some shows that were on 4kids still. Which if you say Konami bought them then 4KMedia should have them.

Konami with any of their properties are terrible. Since they helped make Gurren Lagon they teased multiple times that something big was going to happen which people thought they were going to make a new season or movie. But it ended up being pachinko machines. Plus since their a gaming company they cancelled stuff that a lot of people were hyped for but said they rather not spend a lot money with anything. Since anime isn't cheap to make or even license also I doubt they'll do anything new other than Yugioh since their card games prints money.

Plus they harass their employees while they work there and if they leave without them allowing it they'll blackmail them by ruining employers reputation. That's why a lot of people say F**K Konami

@MidnightAoshi What part pf that bought the production company that produces all the dub don't you understand???? Example if someone buys a football team that's been owned by another owner for over 40 years does that mean it's still there is no it's the new owners football team now but the Bob it's Past still there. 4Kids The production company that produced all the dub in the office sold it with the Yu-Gi-Oh license to Konami Who then change the name to 4KMedia.

@gohan6425 Then you might as well email or call this company since they still say 4kids is part of them and own some shows that were on 4kids still. Which if you say Konami bought them then 4KMedia should have them.

@MidnightAoshi Uh that's a big accusation bro. Do you have any proof that they harass their employees I would find it hard to believe that any old voice actor from the Yu-Gi-Oh voice cast would come back if they're being harassed by Konami.

• @gohan6425 said in The stated of 4KMedia/Konami and Yu-Gi-Oh!:

@MidnightAoshi said in The stated of 4KMedia/Konami and Yu-Gi-Oh!:

@MidnightAoshi Uh that's a big accusation bro. Do you have any proof that they harass their employees I would find it hard to believe that any old voice actor from the Yu-Gi-Oh voice cast would come back if they're being harassed by Konami.

He's not talking about YGO he's talking about Konami's Japanese Videogame division which has had....LOTS of various stories and things come out against it as of late.

• @classyspartan said in The stated of 4KMedia/Konami and Yu-Gi-Oh!:

@gohan6425 said in The stated of 4KMedia/Konami and Yu-Gi-Oh!:

@MidnightAoshi said in The stated of 4KMedia/Konami and Yu-Gi-Oh!:

He's not talking about YGO he's talking about Konami's Japanese Videogame division which has had....LOTS of various stories and things come out against it as of late.

@classyspartan so what does this have to do with 4Kmedia i'm sure the people that work in the office in New York are not the people that own the company in Japan.

• @gohan6425 I don't mean voice actors. Besides voice actors work for multiple companies if they like them. I'm talking about corporate level people, designers ,developers etc
    Source 1
    Source 2
    Source 3
    Plus Konami wouldn't allow Kojima who worked for Konami for decades to receive an award in 2015 source here

@gohan6425 I don't mean voice actors. Besides voice actors work for multiple companies if they like them. I'm talking about corporate level people, designers ,developers etc
    Source 1
    Source 2
    Source 3
    Plus Konami wouldn't allow Kojima who worked for Konami for decades to receive an award in 2015 source here

@MidnightAoshi I remember hearing something about that awhile back of the creator of metal gear to except award. But I'll ask again what does this have to do with the anime dubbing department for Yu-Gi-Oh? Then going out of business would be bad thing any way for video game industry. The problem is they need to put in place for there worker so they won't abuse their power against their workers but again that's in Japan. None of this to my knowledge has happened in the New York office a.k.a. 4KMedia.

• Not sure how this relates to 4KMedia in general but what I think Midnight in general is just saying he doesn't respect the overall company's practices and doesn't want to support that, and he has no real stake in regards to Yu-Gi-Oh to really have any problem in that.

• @classyspartan @gohan6425 Exactly what classy just said. I mean since I've been saying Konami is terrible and not specifically 4KMedia. Since I would be saying stuff like "4KMedia has no idea what their even doing." If I was talking about them.

Anyway I just wanted to put my two cents in.

@classyspartan @gohan6425 Exactly what classy just said. I mean since I've been saying Konami is terrible and not specifically 4KMedia. Since I would be saying stuff like "4KMedia has no idea what their even doing." If I was talking about them.

Anyway I just wanted to put my two cents in.

@MidnightAoshi Well this thread was really to discuss the Konami department of 4KMedia not so much the thing that do in Japan for the video game industry. And primarily the Yu-Gi-Oh Anime franchise.

• Another thing to hate Konami about is that they discourage former employees from putting on their resume "worked for Konami."

I'm glad Kojima (probably the most standout person there) left and started his own thing (really looking forward to Death Stranding).

Konami need Yu-Gi-Oh for the real life card game which is still very popular. 4KMedia aka Konami is 4Kids they sold the company and the production to produce office for the dubs to Konami along with The Yu-Gi-Oh title.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that Konami is in possession of the second/third biggest tcg in the world, they probably would've went under long ago. I wish Bandai's Duel Masters/Kaijudo was a success. Though I think Bandai has been trying, most recently there's that Dragon Ball TCG, I think before that was Force of Will. Idk.

Though I wish that YGO was Wizards of the Coast so that I could say the three biggest TCGs were owned by WotC (either current or in the past)

• @darthrutsula40 said in The stated of 4KMedia/Konami and Yu-Gi-Oh!:

Though I wish that YGO was Wizards of the Coast so that I could say the three biggest TCGs were owned by WotC (either current or in the past)

Just curious what the others are. I don't play, but saw it being done a lot in the hobby shops in Japan. The two most commonly played there, that I saw at least, were Magic and Wixoss. Displays in the shops also seemed to indicate these were the most popular given the massive amount of space dedicated to them.

• @pleco_breeder said in The stated of 4KMedia/Konami and Yu-Gi-Oh!:

@darthrutsula40 said in The stated of 4KMedia/Konami and Yu-Gi-Oh!:

Just curious what the others are. I don't play, but saw it being done a lot in the hobby shops in Japan. The two most commonly played there, that I saw at least, were Magic and Wixoss. Displays in the shops also seemed to indicate these were the most popular given the massive amount of space dedicated to them.

Magic the Gathering, Pokemon, and Yugioh are the three biggest TCGs worldwide.