Enter the Pliot of the 1st Ever Annual TRUE HERO OF GREATEST Tournament: Thread/Rules/Nominations

• After giving it some thought and collaboration, I have finally made up my mind and settled on what type of contest we are going to do. Now before you all get your selves in a heebie-jeebies we got a lot of ground rules.

1. Thread will be limited for this contest. Each round we do will consist one thread. I will present the introduction of the of the combatants that will all be fighting in the in that round via bracket. The 1st 2 people will fight and people will vote. There will be a cut off time when that cut off time happens I will post in the thread this contest is over and I will declare who the winner of that contest is in that very same post and then I will post the next two combatants that will fight and then we will do the same system over and over again until we get to the next round where a new thread will be opened for round two for example.

2. You vote by saying there name and give a reason why you vote for them. No BS @SpacemanHardy bold number crap in my contact. My System is more effective and it makes people that are voting give more interaction to why they're voting for the person over some one else. It makes the participation much better to get a feel of your interest.

3. There will be 51 nominees and that it. 51 to make it even. Anymore and we're going to be here until the end of 2018. People will be allowed to nominate up to 5 people to nominate since @spacemanhardy said I had to let other people nominate. I have determined the people that comment first here first come serve first served, will get there nominees put into the contest. And don't worry I will be nominating my five at the end of this thread. We're already down to 46 any extras that are left over I will be nominating. I'm guaranteed to have one more nominee since we do have a wildcard.

4. Tie Breaker. In the event of a tiebreaker I will be using random.org each combatant will have a seating number. Example combat number one will be number one and the person that he faces will be combat number two and will have it to two on him. Here is an example:

1 Goku

vs.

2 Gohan

See? Every nominee/combatant will have a number. If in the event of a tiebreaker I take those 2 numbers and put them in random.org and whichever one number comes up will be declared the winner I will also be video recording this to show that I'm not lieing.

1. NO CHEATING! probably one of the fewest things me and @SpacemanHardy agree on. This goes without saying! Now this doesn't mean that you can't promote are contest like example on Twitter or something like tell someone have you check this out and voted for your favorite hero? However if you tell somebody on Twitter or any social media sites hey go vote for this guy over this guy that counts as freaking cheating! And if that happens and your caught your vote will not count for that round. And I mean the WHOLE round. And quite possibly have that combatant maybe disqualified pending on the situation of your promotion of the character that you wanted to win.

2. Anime in my line of ruling is a style not nationality! Having said that anime cartoons like avatar the last Airbender, Skyland, RWBY, Code Lyoko, etc are eligible for this contest.

3. Superhero such as DC comics or Marvel comic characters are not eligible for this contest. Sorry Batman... :( "Fairy Woman" (Ezra) was looking forward to a challenge.

![alt text](0_1502857383816_B34E521C-753F-48DA-8AAA-74C4C5EDB7E6-936-000001A64BA31161.jpeg image url)

Anyway puns aside...

1. No live-action people. Goes without saying I mean this is an anime primarily contest.

2. So what make a "True Hero of Greatest"? What Is eligible? A person has to be pure of heart has to save someone or the earth or a planet etc... someone who is not afraid to die protecting someone or something... Even if you know hope is lost you keep going never giving up. "protector of the innocent"! Someone who fights for justice when the justice establishment isn't always that great. Ally to Good, nightmare to the villain! If the person fits these qualifications then that character is eligible for this contest.

3. If one of your nominees are denied I will give my reason to why it's denied. You also have a right to one appeal and that just you not anyone else. If there something I'm not aware of I may consult someone to confirm or deny the story. Yes I @emdier and @korrailli you offered to help me which I could used in this as well... In this contest to.

4. If I missed anything or if a rule was not clear enough and or need to be re-interpretative in this thread. Please by all means let me know this is my first contest there might be something I'm missing.

5. My 5 nominations:

Goku- Save the earth twice in DBZ and is the hope of the universe. Also defeated Frieza and Buu from threatening the whole universe.

Ash- Cares for his Pokémon, multiple times has also saved many different people from the evil Tierney of team rocket, Giovanni. Sacrificed himself in the fight against mewtwo vs mew.

Naruto- Save his village twice! Save everyone from Pain ideals.

Zero (Code Geass)- My most controversial nominee and may get some people pissed off in here. However I specifically stated ZERO. And since it was specifically stated in the anime that zero is a symbol to freedom for the beaten down Japanese people of injustice. This make him eligible.

Yang Xito Long- Well I had to include at least one girl on my 5 nominees. Yang is not afraid to back down from a Challenge. Throughout the RWBY series she is save the lights of Ruby, Blake, Neptune and more.

Yes you have to be descriptive of when you make your nomination.

I hope this turn out good. Member this is just the pilot for thread right now we haven't started the contest yet so things can be changed but once the contest starts we need to stay on course! Even if my nominees some how don't win. :( I hope you all like my Idea. Free feel for feed back.

• Oooooooh, I gotta say, I am pretty psyched for a new tournament Gohan!

Out of curiosity, do you have the brackets your going to be using? Because 50 doesn't work out properly.

Alrighty, my nominations!

1. Kenshin - Rurouni Kenshin
      alt text
      Kenshin is a character with a bloody past, but after a series of events he decides to flip the blade on his sword and no longer kill. Through the series we see him using his abilities learned as Battousai to help and save people.

2. Roy Mustang - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
      alt text
      Mustang is a character that saw a country under conflict and ruin, who participated in a bloody war and saw and did unspeakeable things, and instead of hiding himself away with his guilt he decides he needs to do something about it. He truly devotes his life to becoming Fuhrer and helping his country become a better and equal place. He literally sacrifices something extremely important because of his need to do the right thing.

3. Izuku "Deku" Midoriya - My Hero Academia
      alt text
      This kid pretty much is my definition of hero. He fights to rise, to become stronger and to be able to help people. To be able to inspire hope. To tell them "I am here!". He is utterly selfless, and one of the best "rise to hero" stories I have had the pleasure of watching.

4. Yona - Yona of the Dawn
      alt text
      She starts a princess, sheltered away in a palace by her father and forbidden to use weapons, but through the course of the series after she is forced away from her home, she forces herself to adjust and learn. She picks up a bow and arrow, as well as a sword, seeks out the dragons to help her and plans to win back her kingdom and save her people. Later in the story, when her people are in danger, she swallows her own pride and even goes to the man that murdered her father, someone who betrayed her in the worst possible way, and works with him because she knows that is the best way to help those that would be under her rule. She willingly puts her own neck on the line, over and over, and does whatever necessary to help those around her.

5. Meliodas - Seven Deadly Sins
      alt text
      SPOILERS
      This is a man who literally betrayed just about his entire group because he knew they were in the wrong. He wanted to do right, even though it's against his demon nature. He took on the freaking Demon King and the Goddess Clan because of his love for Elizabeth. He routinely saves people just because he's there. He may not be perfect, but he truly does try to do the right thing and considering the IMMENSE suffering his character has endured, the fact that he still tries is nothing short of amazing.

• @emdier said in Enter the Pliot of the 1st Ever Annual TRUE HERO OF GREATEST Tournament: Thread/Rules/Nominations:

Oooooooh, I gotta say, I am pretty psyched for a new tournament Gohan!

Out of curiosity, do you have the brackets your going to be using? Because 50 doesn't work out properly.

Alrighty, my nominations!

1. Kenshin - Rurouni Kenshin
      alt text
      Kenshin is a character with a bloody past, but after a series of events he decides to flip the blade on his sword and no longer kill. Through the series we see him using his abilities learned as Battousai to help and save people.

2. Roy Mustang - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
      alt text
      Mustang is a character that saw a country under conflict and ruin, who participated in a bloody war and saw and did unspeakeable things, and instead of hiding himself away with his guilt he decides he needs to do something about it. He truly devotes his life to becoming Fuhrer and helping his country become a better and equal place. He literally sacrifices something extremely important because of his need to do the right thing.

3. Izuku "Deku" Midoriya - My Hero Academia
      alt text
      This kid pretty much is my definition of hero. He fights to rise, to become stronger and to be able to help people. To be able to inspire hope. To tell them "I am here!". He is utterly selfless, and one of the best "rise to hero" stories I have had the pleasure of watching.

4. Yona - Yona of the Dawn
      alt text
      She starts a princess, sheltered away in a palace by her father and forbidden to use weapons, but through the course of the series after she is forced away from her home, she forces herself to adjust and learn. She picks up a bow and arrow, as well as a sword, seeks out the dragons to help her and plans to win back her kingdom and save her people. Later in the story, when her people are in danger, she swallows her own pride and even goes to the man that murdered her father, someone who betrayed her in the worst possible way, and works with him because she knows that is the best way to help those that would be under her rule. She willingly puts her own neck on the line, over and over, and does whatever necessary to help those around her.

5. Meliodas - Seven Deadly Sins
      alt text
      SPOILERS
      This is a man who literally betrayed just about his entire group because he knew they were in the wrong. He wanted to do right, even though it's against his demon nature. He took on the freaking Demon King and the Goddess Clan because of his love for Elizabeth. He routinely saves people just because he's there. He may not be perfect, but he truly does try to do the right thing and considering the IMMENSE suffering his character has endured, the fact that he still tries is nothing short of amazing.

@emdier Hmm why your right I guess 51 then...? lol. As for the brackets I want to do it with the seating charts basically once we get every character their number will use random.org to determine who will be bracket against one another.

• I guess if you are doing seeding that way, this bracket would make sense for 50!

alt text

The reason I always suggest 64 so you have even numbers though.

alt text

Or 32,

alt text

• @emdier said in Enter the Pliot of the 1st Ever Annual TRUE HERO OF GREATEST Tournament: Thread/Rules/Nominations:

I guess if you are doing seeding that way, this bracket would make sense for 50!

alt text

The reason I always suggest 64 so you have even numbers though.

alt text

Or 32,

alt text

@emdier Like 51? 50 would have a bye week if we did 50. I guess I'm automatically getting an extra nominee... lol :). 64 maybe to much I don't wanted to be too long you know... Also btw your 5 nominees are approved.

1. Gon (HunterXHunter). Gon fights for what is right, and more importantly, fights for his friends. He will stand up for anyone when they need it. He might be fighting against someone one day, and fighting with them the next. He sees the good in people. He gives everything thought, even with others brush it off.

2. Tamaki (Ouran High School Host Club) - Tamaki doesn't seem like the "Hero" type, with his crazy antics and the whole Host Club thing, but he is a champion for the little guy. When someone is in need, he drops everything to help them. He helps a couple figure out that they really are meant to be, a Doctor find his daughter, and a yakuza heir find friends. This is all in addition to helping the Host Club member find out who they really are and blossom as individuals. Tamaki cares about people and will help them.

3. Alphonse (Fullmetal Alchemist). Al really does care about the people around him, and notices when people do need help. He will stop and help someone (especially cats), and is kind to others. He has a far more even temperament than his brother, leading him to think more before he acts. A suit of armor with a heart of gold.

4. Koro Sensei (Assassination Classroom). He has already been the Manilest Man, so time for him to be a Super Hero. Koro Sensei's entire being is based on standing up for the little guy. He teaches Class E, the class for the delinquents. He gives them all value and self worth, while teaching them both academics and life skills. He won't do everything for them, but he will teach them how to do things for themselves and to be better people for it. He's the kind of teacher everyone should have at least once in their life.

5. Okabe (Steins;Gate). Okabe is a crazy scientist. He is one who looks out for his friends. His relationship with Mayuri is based on him protecting her. He attempts to move heaven and earth to save her, nearly going crazy(ier) in the process. He befirends those who might not have other friends (Moeka), and includes them as part of the Lab.

• @korrailli said in Enter the Pliot of the 1st Ever Annual TRUE HERO OF GREATEST Tournament: Thread/Rules/Nominations:

1. Gon (HunterXHunter). Gon fights for what is right, and more importantly, fights for his friends. He will stand up for anyone when they need it. He might be fighting against someone one day, and fighting with them the next. He sees the good in people. He gives everything thought, even with others brush it off.

2. Tamaki (Ouran High School Host Club) - Tamaki doesn't seem like the "Hero" type, with his crazy antics and the whole Host Club thing, but he is a champion for the little guy. When someone is in need, he drops everything to help them. He helps a couple figure out that they really are meant to be, a Doctor find his daughter, and a yakuza heir find friends. This is all in addition to helping the Host Club member find out who they really are and blossom as individuals. Tamaki cares about people and will help them.

3. Alphonse (Fullmetal Alchemist). Al really does care about the people around him, and notices when people do need help. He will stop and help someone (especially cats), and is kind to others. He has a far more even temperament than his brother, leading him to think more before he acts. A suit of armor with a heart of gold.

4. Koro Sensei (Assassination Classroom). He has already been the Manilest Man, so time for him to be a Super Hero. Koro Sensei's entire being is based on standing up for the little guy. He teaches Class E, the class for the delinquents. He gives them all value and self worth, while teaching them both academics and life skills. He won't do everything for them, but he will teach them how to do things for themselves and to be better people for it. He's the kind of teacher everyone should have at least once in their life.

5. Okabe (Steins;Gate). Okabe is a crazy scientist. He is one who looks out for his friends. His relationship with Mayuri is based on him protecting her. He attempts to move heaven and earth to save her, nearly going crazy(ier) in the process. He befirends those who might not have other friends (Moeka), and includes them as part of the Lab.

@korrailli Gon is definitely approved. Elric is approved to. Not sure about the other 3 but I'll take your word for it basic on your description. Approved @emdier 36 spot left.

• Awesome. Should be a fun tournament.

1. Vegeta- Even though he was a villain starting out he became a good person later on. He'll do anything to protect his family, he helped save his rival when in trouble, he sacrificed himself to save earth even though it failed somewhat and was willing to sacrifice himself to defeat Kid Buu.

2. Aoshi Shinomori- This one might get denied since he does acts cold and has done some questionable things but he's a good guy deep down. He places his comrades well being and happiness before his own. He would never allow outsiders to insult his comrades and defended their honor when they were murdered. He's even saved innocent bystanders. Even when injured he helped fight against Shishio so Kenshin could have time to recover.

3- Jotaro Kujo- With any enemy stand users trying to hurt innocent victims or hurt his friends he'll make sure beat the shit out of them even if it's the last thing he does. I don't want to say to many spoilers just in case but he's saved pretty much a whole bunch of lives. Plus he loves dolphins.

1. All Might- The number 1 pro hero in My Hero Academia and the winner of the 4th annual Manliest Men tournament. I could go and and on about him. But the one thing about him that I love is that even if things don't look so good he'll always be seen with a smile telling the people he's protecting not to worry he'll save them which brings hope to everyone.

2. Mumen Rider- Yes he is in the 1 hero in the worst tier in One Punch Man. But for the acts he's done he is definitely better than top ten Hero's in the series. He will never overlook any crime. With no powers and not extremely strong he is willing to face villains who could easily kill him to protect innocent lives. Even when aliens came and destroyed A-city he was one of the very few heros out there trying to get people to safety.