Gundam Rescue?

• With you guys having Buddy Complex, a new Sunrise title. Will you guys also be looking into getting the Gundam franchise? Like with the recent Gundam Age and Gundam Build Fighters.

• Nozomi Saved some Gundam series, but no word on Funi doing so, yet.

• That's like saying "You just licensed Blinx the time Sweeper from Microsoft, are you thinking of licensing Halo now?".
    The two shows couldn't be further apart, Buddy Complex is an unknown show that probably didn't have a lot of licensing issues and was picked up on the cheap, Gundam is near god in the eyes of Japan and yet has failed horribly in the states (mostly because Japan demands god-tier money to license the show, dooming most chances).

With that being said Funimation (and all publishers) are always going to look at a series, the reason that it's not licensed means the current situation isn't good. It could be that the asking price is too high, the Japanese end maybe doesn't want to license it for fears that a poor relaunch in the US would damage Gundam's IP, hell maybe Bandai is holding on to it so they can come back into the US market and show everyone how they should be releasing anime (they do that sometimes, it's funny).

To sum it up yes Funi has looked at it, if they thought it would turn a profit they would have it now so the fact that they don't should answer your questions as to why.

• To Be Honest, I don't like Gundam.

• @Zethus:

To Be Honest, I don't like Gundam.

I know the feeling. The few Gundam series that I've thought were interesting shot themselves in the foot and went off into "crazyville" near the end. Perhaps Gundam could have been bigger here in the US if the Gundam series of the 1990s through today could have kept it together.

• @Soundmonkey44:

Nozomi Saved some Gundam series, but no word on Funi doing so, yet.

it only has unicorn(as distrubtor only through sunrise/bandai)
    with 35th milestone coming up there's a chance select titles will get a chance!

• @vanilla_pop3:

it only has unicorn(as distrubtor only through sunrise/bandai)

is 2015 the 35th Anniversary of the series?

• IMO it would be better to wait until Gundam series like Wing and 00 get bona fide bluray remasters before rescuing them. Why settle for a rehash of the dated DVDs when it is almost a sure-fire bet that the Japanese will spruce up the Gundam releases eventually?

• @Zethus:

is 2015 the 35th Anniversary of the series?

1st gundam series debut in 1979!!!

• @vanilla_pop3:

But Bandai/Sunrise want somebody to pick up the entire Gundam franchise, not just the shows that are likely to do well in America.

• @EyeOfPain:

But Bandai/Sunrise want somebody to pick up the entire Gundam franchise, not just the shows that are likely to do well in America.

Has that even been confirmed by any rep from Sunrise? All I hear about that is from people who heard it from someone else who heard it from another person.

• @Zeether:

Has that even been confirmed by any rep from Sunrise? All I hear about that is from people who heard it from someone else who heard it from another person.

It may just be speculation, but it does explain why no one has picked up parts of the franchise that are sure to sell, like Gundam Wing.