I needz me Episode *9-10 Simuldub™ of 18if...

• I wasn't going to "say" anything... but 18if Episode 6 is several days late now......

It "totally messed up" me anime weekend viewing period, of course. No matter...

EDIT: It is 9/9/2017, and yet no episode *9 this time. 2 weeks behind now? And no notification, even Tweet? The FUNislackers...

• Ahh, I see... An over-FUNIreliance of Twitter as a primary communication for "bad news", yet again...

Regardless, I still needz it now. Hurry ups, plz...

• @thegrandalliance The blame is more on GONZO than Funimation. Just as happened with Akiba's Trip, there was a delay in the delivery of materials from Japan.

• @SpacemanHardy Wait 18if is Gonzo? Why would Funimation try doing another same-day dub from them? Aren't they pretty famous for starting to slip about midway through a show and start falling behind?

• well, that's pretty much any studio in any given season, except for KyoAni.

Though, 5 eps this time around is progress. A few more shows and we might just get a whole show same day simuldubbed

• @Doublethree100 said in I needz me Episode 6 Simuldub of 18if...:

@SpacemanHardy Wait 18if is Gonzo? Why would Funimation try doing another same-day dub from them? Aren't they pretty famous for starting to slip about midway through a show and start falling behind?

Most likely because they're very open to the idea of same-day dubs unlike other studios (Bones notwithstanding)

• @Getchman Bones seems ok getting a full cour of MHA same day dubbed. Wit looks like they're making good progress on Ancient Magius Bride.

• @SpacemanHardy

Indeed, as such is fair enough.

In either case, I would just like to have more "appropriate and conventional" communication channels, then having to troll social media page of page of mindless FUNITweets/Facebook/whatever 24/7 hoping to find the 1 tweet/post I have to care about.

They did it just recently for Fairy Tail Collection 9 delay of DVD release:

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/08/15/fairy-tail-collection-9-home-video-update/

So I know they can do it, of course... As apparently, the "FUNIBlog" is only actually a blog, when they feel like it, I suppose.

@JayHairston Perhaps as coms director, the appeal as for multiplatform urgent news broadcasts, can be made. Something involving a funimation.com domain would be nice. Forum post would be easy, too...

Indeed, as I am surely not the only paid sub who doesn't troll Twitter/Social Media, now? No?

Call me old fashioned...

• @Doublethree100 said in I needz me Episode 6 Simuldub of 18if...:

@Getchman Bones seems ok getting a full cour of MHA same day dubbed. Wit looks like they're making good progress on Ancient Magius Bride.

Sorry, I meant specifically from Gonzo

• @thegrandalliance said in I needz me Episode 6 Simuldub of 18if...:

@JayHairston Perhaps as coms director, the appeal as for multiplatform urgent news broadcasts, can be made. Something involving a funimation.com domain would be nice. Forum post would be easy, too...

Indeed, as I am surely not the only paid sub who doesn't troll Twitter/Social Media, now? No?

Call me old fashioned...

I agree with this the over reliance on Twitter forced me to create a fake account who's only purpose is following Funi...these forums are horribly underutilized by the Funi staff I honestly don't know why they exist in the first place. Then again if I was funi staff I wouldn't want to deal with Gohan and that guy who wants all Japanese songs ever made to be dubbed.

• Okay, so now we got Episode 6 finally (and is nice)... but no 7. That tweet that was linked above made it seem we would get a double feature...

The new episode of 18if will be delayed tomorrow by one week. See the new SimulDub on 8/18 and catch up on old eps: http://funi.to/2tp8x5J

...Perhaps I grossly misinterpreted that "140 characters or less" statement, but I was under a possible assumption that "new episode" and "new Simuldub" implied references to Episode 6;7 respectfully. As "Simuldub" being used in reference to the *Simulcast. Two different "new things", that is. An overread, no doubt.

In either case, does this mean 18if is no longer a (legitimate) Simuldub? Always a week behind the *Simulcast? If not more? Once again, it seems; that FUNExperiment didn't last too long...

Indeed, as is it to be that the "FUNIMillennials" employed therein definition thus of "simultaneous", just as seemingly arbitrary in meaning as their persistent insistence to use the ™ symbol on SimulDubs™?

Such a confusing brand image... The trifling of such matters...

/condescension

• @thegrandalliance said in I needz me Episode *7 Simuldub of 18if...:

An overread

Unquestionably.
    alt text

• Okay, maybe episode 7 was not, quite........

I must admit, this is first time in ages that I was completely at a loss as to WTF I was watching. This anime is already, "nontraditional", to say the least; this one, using a euro-style animation, was totally off the rails this time.

Me brains exploded, I think. Did I look at the sun too much during the eclipse? Maybe, drugs would help? IDK... Perhaps someone could explain what I was watching? Or, not....

Moving on.... Episode 8....

• You know, i would imagine that it would be very interesting to meet the Grand Alliance in-person...

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• @thegrandalliance said in I needz me Episode *8 Simuldub of 18if...:

@SpacemanHardy

Indeed, as such is fair enough.

In either case, I would just like to have more "appropriate and conventional" communication channels, then having to troll social media page of page of mindless FUNITweets/Facebook/whatever 24/7 hoping to find the 1 tweet/post I have to care about.

They did it just recently for Fairy Tail Collection 9 delay of DVD release:

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/08/15/fairy-tail-collection-9-home-video-update/

So I know they can do it, of course... As apparently, the "FUNIBlog" is only actually a blog, when they feel like it, I suppose.

Call me old fashioned...

Right you are, I will do my best to keep the forums clued in about updates, news and general happenings. Having said that, you can count on our Twitter as the up-to-the-minute source for information. Anything larger and needing to be archived (or potential large scale goofs) will be posted on the Funimation.com/blog. More abstract, one-offs, minor news may not get mentioned at all and will be answered on an inquiry basis only. For this, I try to browse the forums as much as possible but a private message to @Funimation on Twitter is another quick way to hear directly from the team.

If you have suggestions on the best way to engage with you all, I would love to hear them. We've been mulling over a potential Funimation Discord channel that would allow chat room functionality as well as live voice chat.

• @JayHairston said in I needz me Episode *8 Simuldub of 18if...:

We've been mulling over a potential Funimation Discord channel that would allow chat room functionality as well as live voice chat.

LoL, Discord, nice... Had my run-ins with a few fan based Crunchyroll servers, and well....

But yes, a FUNIManage-ed one would probably be fine. It does require lots of moderating, however. The bots can only do so much....

Nevertheless, "interesting", I can say. No matter.

In other news, hopefully all ye FUNIPeople are staying alive down there in the Greater Texas zone. Most trying times, indeed.

• Hi Jay,

You explain,

"you can count on our Twitter as the up-to-the-minute source for information."

I don't like Twitter and try to avoid it if possible. Was not impressed with either their Terms or Privacy Policy. If there is a major announcement with FUNimation, can a simple e-mail just go out to all premium subscribers?

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• @P.J. said in I needz me Episode *8 Simuldub of 18if...:

Was not impressed with either their Terms or Privacy Policy.

Not to belay the point further, but how is Twitter ToS any different from like literally everything else out there? All ya al's Internets are of the spying on ye'z, indeeds...

• Hello once again Grand Alliance,

Should have known that i ran the risk of confronting you directly being that this is your post... but, no matter. (laughs) ;-)

It was probably a year ago when i read the terms, and, they were going into something referenced as data "ecosystems" of which, i was most definitely not liking what i was reading and hadn't come across such terminology in previous EULAs and believe me, i've read a number of terms and conditions through the years.

By the way, what did you think of when i expressed that it would be very interesting to meet you in-person? Correct me if i'm wrong, but, to me, you seem like a very intellectual person and why i hold that it would be deliciously interesting to actually meet you.

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• Grand Alliance explains,

"In other news, hopefully all ye FUNIPeople are staying alive down there in the Greater Texas zone. Most trying times, indeed."

Agreed.

Sincerely,
    P.J.