Nozomi Entertainment: Kickstarter to Dub Aria The Animation. Any supporters?

• I just heard today on Anime News Network that Nozomi Entertainment is considering a dub for Aria The Animation (which released 9 years ago subbed only), if their kickstarter pledge is met by 9/11.

Here is the Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/160939828/lets-dub-aria-the-animation/

I know due to my ultra low income, I can't pledge any money, but I do support them. Is there anyone willing to pledge them any money to dub the series?

If this and the dub is successful, who knows, they may start doing more dubs, which would be great. They haven't produced any dubs since The Third. Like Media Blasters, I want to see them join in and start producing dubs of their existing library, and even acquire and dub anime that hasn't been licensed yet.

Just don't even know why since The Third, they had a no English dub policy until possibly now.

• @Spaceshotx7 said in Nozomi Entertainment: Kickstarter to Dub Aria The Animation. Any supporters?:

They haven't produced any dubs since the very first title they acquired The Third.

Fixed that for you.

• I am. It should be nice. They're working with Pied Piper so I expect good things

• I've always planned to watch this show, just never got around to it. This is a perfect excuse to get to it, so i think I'll pledge

• Knowing Pied Piper's involved with this Kickstarter definitely gives me a great deal of confidence in how this project and crowdfunding is going to be run, and while I've not yet seen Aria I hear great things. I like Amanchu a lot and this is the same author so I'll definitely go ahead and chip in something for it.

• I'm not interested in all the extra bonus stuff, so I just pledged for the $55 early bird bluray option.

But yeah, being a huge fan of English dubs, I'm definitely happy to throw support behind this. :)

• I didn't see Pied Piper anywhere in the project page.

I'm in, anyway.

• @Nobu I believe they mentioned it on Twitter

• @Queenira - Ah, I wouldn't have seen that, anyway.

But KS list Headline Studios, whom Nozomi's worked with before, so it's all good. (^-^)b

• Headline Studios is pretty much dormant after the golden age of anime dubs ended in 2008. It is a New York area based recording studio. Because of its inactivity, some of the voice actors have either moved to Texas or California (like Veronica tailor did), or have stopped doing voice acting and started only doing adr projects (like Lisa Ortiz is doing).

I want Headline Studios along with Nozomi Entertainment to start producing English dubs again for anime and Japanese video games. They should try to recruit back the old legacy voice actors like Veronica Tailor, Rachael Lillis, Lisa Ortiz, Amy Birnbaum, Megan Hollingshead, Tara Jayne, etc. In addition, some voice actors from Texas and California would also do some voice work. There could also be some open auditions for brand new voice actors in addition as well.

• @classyspartan said in Nozomi Entertainment: Kickstarter to Dub Aria The Animation. Any supporters?:

Knowing Pied Piper's involved with this Kickstarter definitely gives me a great deal of confidence in how this project and crowdfunding is going to be run, and while I've not yet seen Aria I hear great things. I like Amanchu a lot and this is the same author so I'll definitely go ahead and chip in something for it.

It's the main reason I pleged as well, I love Amanchu! Let's A-Go!