So is Speed Racer just have the Japan Version out now for another box set?

• So I read there going to be coming out with a Speed Racer Collector’s Edition but that just came out with the Blu-Ray and DVD Set of the English Dub not to long ago. And now there coming out with a Speed Racer Collector’s Edition? It seen the only new thing add to this Speed Racer Collector’s Edition is there going to make the Japan Version Mach Go Go Go Collection out on Blu-Ray and that it. To me thing about this I don't see why that did not just do this to begin with? Why come out with a Box Set of just the Dub like late last year if you just going to come out with another set just about 9 Months later since it seen there still going to keep the Classic Speed Racer English Dub as there Official Dub. (Which is the right move by the way.)

Collector’s Edition includes the following:
    Collectible Speed Racer Bust with Sound Effects
    Complete 1967 Speed Racer Collection on DVD and Blu-ray
    Complete 1967 Mach Go Go Go Collection on DVD and Blu-ray
    Complete 1997 Mach Go Go Go Restart Collection on DVD
    Collectible Speed Racer Key Chain
    Bonus: 2017 Interview with Trixie voice actor CorinneOrr

I think it cool there working with some of the old voice actor there are still around to as there seen to be an Corinne Orr it shame that can't inview Peter Fernandez but he past away so that can't get him. I sure that would have had he been still alive. :(

Also where is Speed Racer 1997 English Dub?

However I wondering what will Funimation do for if that come out with a squeal are there going to be being people back? Peter Fernandez gone so it going to be hard to fine someone that can take over I think Nicktoon used the voice actor who Greg Abbey did season 2 there Speed Racer Show that made. Though I don't think Funimation will used him. What you think?

• Sorry Funimation, I'd be interested in a regular Edition of Mach Go Go Go with the 1997 reboot series, but can't afford $300 for a bloated box set that can't be stored with the rest of my collection.

• @Series5Ranger said in So is Speed Racer just have the Japan Version out now for another box set?:

Sorry Funimation, I'd be interested in a regular Edition of Mach Go Go Go with the 1997 reboot series, but can't afford $300 for a bloated box set that can't be stored with the rest of my collection.

@Series5Ranger That don't have a Regular Edition of Mach Go Go Go as it only subtitle not dub... Speed Racer aka the dub of is Mach Go Go Go is where the money at so that came out with a box set just for that still don't why know there doing this full box set with less then a year of the Box Set with just Speed Racer in it. But what about the 1997 Speed Racer?

• @gohan6425

Dude seriously, why can't you understand that some people would like to see the original uncut series as the creators originally intended? Yes the dub is fine and all that, but the show was edited for content and the stories were changed etc, when brought over here. The original is what I'm interested in adding to my collection, but not at that price.

• @Series5Ranger said in So is Speed Racer just have the Japan Version out now for another box set?:

@gohan6425

Dude seriously, why can't you understand that some people would like to see the original uncut series as the creators originally intended? Yes the dub is fine and all that, but the show was edited for content and the stories were changed etc, when brought over here. The original is what I'm interested in adding to my collection, but not at that price.

@Series5Ranger And why can't you undertstand that most US People know Mach Go Go Go as Speed Racer here? Sorry dude but you not going win this one. Even Funimation understand where the money at. That why there doing this way. You may wanted it but if Funimation money is at more for getting Speed Racer that what there going to do. If Speed Racer would not make money that would be just making a new English dub but there not b/c that know what I know. You may wanted it but more people wanted the Speed Racer the way it was.

• @gohan6425 said in So is Speed Racer just have the Japan Version out now for another box set?:

@Series5Ranger said in So is Speed Racer just have the Japan Version out now for another box set?:

@gohan6425

@Series5Ranger And why can't you undertstand that most US People know Mach Go Go Go as Speed Racer here? Sorry dude but you not going win this one. Even Funimation understand where the money at. That why there doing this way. You may wanted it but if Funimation money is at more for getting Speed Racer that what there going to do. If Speed Racer would not make money that would be just making a new English dub but there not b/c that know what I know. You may wanted it but more people wanted the Speed Racer the way it was.

Yawn Totally get it, I never said I wanted a new English dub, If that's what you are thinking, all I wanted was an option to Buy Mach Go Go Go, and not have to spend the same amount of money as a new Game Console, but whatever.

@gohan6425 said in So is Speed Racer just have the Japan Version out now for another box set?:

@Series5Ranger said in So is Speed Racer just have the Japan Version out now for another box set?:

@gohan6425

Yawn Totally get it, I never said I wanted a new English dub, If that's what you are thinking, all I wanted was an option to Buy Mach Go Go Go, and not have to spend the same amount of money as a new Game Console, but whatever.

@Series5Ranger Funimation for the most part don't do subtitle only box set and that will not do if there no money to be made on it. Funimation KNOWS that Speed Racer can make money on it own for people in the USA which is why a box set with the Dub ONLY was made with English Subtitle of the English Words for people who can't heard. Mach Go Go Go is not that known to Americans or the japan dub since it not been around ever until now in the USA. So Funimation best choices was to have Mach Go Go Go come in a box set with the Speed Racer English Dub. That way more people that watch and know the English Dub will buy the box set with English Dub and Subtitle Dub. It a good business move on Funimation part but I don't know why that would do this box set less then 1 year after that did the Speed Racer Box Set by it self.

• @gohan6425

See the point I'm trying to make is the same argument when a dub fan doesn't get a show they want dubbed. Why can't I watch the show the way I'd prefer? If they had offered Mach Go Go Go with the earlier release, I would have bought that, but they didn't and decided that they (currently) only offer it with an amazingly overpriced Collector's Edition. I'd like to have Mach Go Go Go in my collection with Gatchaman and Super Dimension Fortress Macross. So Right now I have to wait and see, because I'm not buying it the way they are offering at the moment.

@gohan6425

See the point I'm trying to make is the same argument when a dub fan doesn't get a show they want dubbed. Why can't I watch the show the way I'd prefer? If they had offered Mach Go Go Go with the earlier release, I would have bought that, but they didn't and decided that they (currently) only offer it with an amazingly overpriced Collector's Edition. I'd like to have Mach Go Go Go in my collection with Gatchaman and Super Dimension Fortress Macross. So Right now I have to wait and see, because I'm not buying it the way they are offering at the moment.

@Series5Ranger Becuase the general population in the United States prefers the English dub over the subtitled up is that what one people grew up with two all they know because it hasn't been available in the United States ever. You can like the subtitled up all you want but the fact of the matter is it doesn't gonna change the fact that Funimation market for the people who are the majority of the audience were going to buy it which in this case is the English dub.

• @gohan6425 Gohan, old fans won't care about Mach Go Go Go being dubbed(See what happened with Macross and ADV) and Funimation's current main user base won't buy either version, as 98% of those fans say stuff like "It's super old, also ugly, so I won't watch it".

• @darkdeath174 said in So is Speed Racer just have the Japan Version out now for another box set?:

@gohan6425 Gohan, old fans won't care about Mach Go Go Go being dubbed(See what happened with Macross and ADV) and Funimation's current main user base won't buy either version, as 98% of those fans say stuff like "It's super old, also ugly, so I won't watch it".

@darkdeath174 Don't talk my word for it, you know? Funimation ONLY did what I though that would do... Where not just talking about Anime Fans here where talking about Normal Fan that don't watch anime but watch Speed Racer. Speed Racer is not even view as an anime by most people in American that watch it back in the day or did not even know it ever was an anime. So yes Funimation DID MAKE the right move in the way that handled it. Where taking about a 50 Year old Anime that was Localized! And though it may not be a thing people do anymore with Anime but that did it in the 60's pretty much ALL THE TIME! That why the anime title was even change to "Speed Racer" in the 1st place. Now we did see in the 80's and 90's to don't get me wrong there but if you really thing there market for Mach Go Go Go then to sell it self in 1 box set I sorry but you just wrong on all level here. It hard to market a anime of a title name that only subtitle fans will know about. Casual Audience Fan in the USA know Mach Go Go Go as "Speed Racer". So yes it was the right move on Funimation part. And before you said Funimation had no choose to do it that way, WRONG. When the Japan Company won that lawsuit that got the rights to everything so Funimation could have done ANYTHING that wanted to the Speed Racer title. And that choice to keep the way it was b/c 95% of is where the money is at. But that choice to keep as Speed Racer. And have Mach Go Go Go playing 2nd. Hell Mach Go Go Go is not even on the stream yet. So it just tell you where Funimation know where it at. I do would like know why Speed Racer is only uncut though since Speed Racer was Edited. But still there no Subtitle version I still wonder what that list Mach Go Go Go under? If it will just be list under Speed Racer or if it will have it only listing and just said Sub only on it like that do with Speed Racer as English Only.