Dragon Ball Super dub, will it be available on the site for streaming anytime soon

• Hi, I'm a longtime lurker first time poster. I have a question for you all.

I know Dragon Ball Super dub is airing on TV. But now that the home release is being shipped how likely is it that the dubbed episodes that are on the blu-rays/dvd are going to be available on funimation.com for streaming sometime this year? Do they have to wait for the TV deal to finish before they can release the dubbed version on the site? How long have other series been delayed release on the site when there is a TV deal?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

• @califgirllover said in Dragon Ball Super dub, will it be available on the site for streaming anytime soon:

Hi, I'm a longtime lurker first time poster. I have a question for you all.

I know Dragon Ball Super dub is airing on TV. But now that the home release is being shipped how likely is it that the dubbed episodes that are on the blu-rays/dvd are going to be available on funimation.com for streaming sometime this year? Do they have to wait for the TV deal to finish before they can release the dubbed version on the site? How long have other series been delayed release on the site when there is a TV deal?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

@califgirllover It not going to be on FunimationNow anytime soon. Just order the blu-rays and DVD set and watch on your own time and you be good. The Dub of DBS is Toonami exclusive TV Broadcast and stream service as that had on there adult swim stream.

• @gohan6425 Thanks. I did pick up part 1 of the release.

I'm still curious if anyone else has further insight into how long it might be before it's on the site. It's all over the forums that the DVD release takes between 12-18 months to be released after a series ends in most cases. Is there a similar pattern for shows that have a TV deal mixed in?

• @califgirllover said in Dragon Ball Super dub, will it be available on the site for streaming anytime soon:

@gohan6425 Thanks. I did pick up part 1 of the release.

I'm still curious if anyone else has further insight into how long it might be before it's on the site. It's all over the forums that the DVD release takes between 12-18 months to be released after a series ends in most cases. Is there a similar pattern for shows that have a TV deal mixed in?

@califgirllover blu-ray and DVD releases are determined based on wherever to Toonami is at. Example battle of gods saga ended on Toonami on April 17, 2017. And I believe the week before they announce the pre-order for the battle of gods saga. It was the same with the revival of F are right when I was about to end Funimation announce the preorders for the Blu-rays and DVDs for volume 2 for October 2 release. As of last Saturday to Nami started the universe 6 are the 1st episode of the universe 6 saga. Aka The first episode of new material. Anyway you should just try to follow the English dub releasing dates on Wikipedia or whatever because it will be within a week before usually of the saga and ending where Funimation will announce the preorders for the DVDs and Blu-ray's. As I told you to Toonami has the exclusive rights. Most likely worst case scenario oh fun omission will not be able to put it on the stream until most likely season 4 or season 5 at least that's my theory. But even then putting it on there doesn't necessarily mean that they're going to just put every episodes that's available out there they most likely will release them 1 episode at a time. Unlike the subtitle versions releases.