It's Been Quite A While

• What's up everyone?

I'm not new here, just been absent for a long time while I focused on my work. I'm happy to see the forums are still thriving after all this time away. I was part of the first group to come over from the really old forums, and was a moderator here. So if you come across any old heavy handed posts of mine, go easy on me.

I can't really think of a lot to say that I haven't said already in some post or another, and I can't really narrow down a favorite anime these days since I'm usually up to my neck in 50 Hr work weeks scripting and recording reviews for no less than ten shows each season... but I can say that my tastes in anime have grown considerably more slice-of-life, and less tolerant of overused cliches.

Lately I've been cramming and catching up on long running shonen like, Fairy Tail and Naruto Shippuden as well as some others. When I'm not working myself to the point of illness on my daily reviews, I'm usually playing tag with the new blood VAs on Twitter, and the awesome gang at Studio G.

My biggest goal recently has been to convince Dave Trosko to cast Christopher Sabat as a middle school girl in one of his upcoming dubs, but I haven't had any luck with that bribery.

• Welcome back, Davidism. Maybe you can be re-instated as a Mod here? By the way, nice avatar, what series is that from?

Sincerely,
    P.J.

P.S.- i'm a pretty big fan of "slice of life" as well.

• @Davidism I think we haven't met but Hey!

Would be better if the Legendary @Soundmonkey44 returned but we all know that's not gonna happen.

• Nice to meet you! Welcome back.

• @P.J. said in It's Been Quite A While:

what series is that from?

Tohru from Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. 8-)

• Welcome back to the forums! :D

• @Nobu said in It's Been Quite A While:

@P.J. said in It's Been Quite A While:

what series is that from?

Tohru from Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. 8-)

0_1502377957082_Dragon Maid love.gif

• Good to see you again, Davidism. It's been lonely here not having another mod around to help take the load off.

• @Davidism said in It's Been Quite A While:

What's up everyone?

I'm not new here, just been absent for a long time while I focused on my work. I'm happy to see the forums are still thriving after all this time away. I was part of the first group to come over from the really old forums, and was a moderator here. So if you come across any old heavy handed posts of mine, go easy on me.

I can't really think of a lot to say that I haven't said already in some post or another, and I can't really narrow down a favorite anime these days since I'm usually up to my neck in 50 Hr work weeks scripting and recording reviews for no less than ten shows each season... but I can say that my tastes in anime have grown considerably more slice-of-life, and less tolerant of overused cliches.

Lately I've been cramming and catching up on long running shonen like, Fairy Tail and Naruto Shippuden as well as some others. When I'm not working myself to the point of illness on my daily reviews, I'm usually playing tag with the new blood VAs on Twitter, and the awesome gang at Studio G.

My biggest goal recently has been to convince Dave Trosko to cast Christopher Sabat as a middle school girl in one of his upcoming dubs, but I haven't had any luck with that bribery.

@Davidism Welcome back to the forms, I don't remember you. So I welcome you. I don't believe it says that you're a mod on here.

• Thanks Nobu and Spartan for clearing that up. I was thinking possibly something from Shomin Sample (like Aika) the art style seems similar...

Sincerely,
    P.J.

I recently saw a clip of Miss K. on YouTube, and, i believe, one of the characters is voiced by the same person who voiced Aika. The voiceover for both characters is adorably cute :-)