2017 MEN of MANLINESS - QUARTER-FINALS: Simon vs. Klaus

• alt text alt text alt text

Simon - Gurren Lagann vs. Klaus von Reinherz - Blood Blockade Battlefront

Please choose one of the two characters listed that you wish to see continue on in this tournament. Voting will stay open until 10 PM CST the following day.

Please post your vote, as well as the current score, after taking your vote into account. Be sure to clearly note who you are voting for by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote ONCE, and once you post you cannot change your vote. And DON'T try to cheat; I'll be watching. Remember: If you don't update the score, YOUR VOTES WILL NOT COUNT.

Simon - 0
    Klaus - 0

• Simon - 1
    Klaus - 0

• Three coin flips resulted in three tails, so...

Simon - 1
    Klaus - 1

• Simon - 2
    Klaus - 1

• Simon - 2
    Klaus - 2

• Let me tell you why you should all vote for Klaus von Reinherz.

He might have fewer scenes than some of the other characters in the show, but the scenes he does have are absolutely unprecedented. Truly, he steals EVERY single scene he's in.

Let us not forget his various feats: In the very first episode, he takes out an entire army of robot soldiers with a single attack. He's able to fight off Zapp with a single hand, without even spilling his tea. He catches a randomly falling steel bar with a single hand as if it was nothing. He fights off a strew of monsters in an underground cage match without even breaking a sweat. He's even able to propel a massive fortress on wheels using his blood powers. And let's not forget that he's the ONLY person in the show capable of defeating the elder vampires.

Oh, and yeah, then there's the entire 99 HOURS OF ALIEN CHESS game.

And he does all of this whilst being completely polite and gentlemanly.

Simply put, Klaus is the kind of person that someone like Izuku would strive to become. He's basically Rider to Leo's Waver.

And THAT'S why Klaus is, in my opinion, the manliest man in this entire tournament.

Simon - 2
    Klaus - 3

• Simon - 2
    Klaus - 4

This is the first time I've had to actually result in deciding a match via coin flip. God this hurts.

• Simon - 3
    Klaus - 4

One of my favorite developments of a main character. He truly is a whole new man from the start of the show to the end, and all done so believably.

alt text

• Simon - 3
    Klaus - 5

• Simon - 4
    Klaus - 5

• Simon - 4
    Klaus - 6

• Simon - 4
    Klaus - 7

• Simon - 4
    Klaus - 8