PlayStation 4 App Known Issues & Updates

• This is the official thread for FunimationNow PlayStation 4 App support. Please follow this thread for updates to the app and the status of any reported issues. You may also report any issues not listed here and/or ask questions about upcoming updates to the PS4 app.

PS3 Status Thread: https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/13019/playstation-app-3-known-issues-updates

Current Version: 3.12
    Next Version: TBD

• Known Issues

Legend:
    โš ๏ธ Assessing issue
    ๐Ÿšฉ Open Issue
    ๐Ÿ Issue fixed and ready for deploy
    โŒIssue cannot be fixed
    โœ”๏ธ Fixed Issue

General:

1. The streaming service is going down Saturday and Sunday nights due to heavy traffic.
      a. The latest occurrence of this issue was resolved the morning of 10/16/2017. As this is now a recurring issue, I have pinned its main discussion thread. Please do not report this issue elsewhere in the forum.
      b. https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/14832/disconnected-from-network/
      c. You may report the issue to the @FunimationHelp Twitter if the site is down.
    1. Home screen takes about a minute to load and sometimes times out. Only the menu loads. Other screens, including the video player, also take about a minute to load. Video player playback is also affected. "You have been disconnected from the network" occurs after a few minutes. This is a service-wide issue. All apps are affected.
      a. Status: โœ…Fixed! We had to put a 50-Show limit on Queue. That should be fixed week of 8/14, so that you'll be able to see all Shows in your Queue. There is no longer a limit on Queue.
      b. 12545

2. User logged out of PS4 app after logging out from another app. This is a service-wide issue that was present before the PS4 app was developed.
      a. Status: ๐Ÿšฉ In progress.

3. Incorrect prefix text when the next video in the same language and version is not available. It says, "Watch Latest" instead of "Watched".
      a. Status: โŒCannot be fixed.

4. Some buttons are missing from the legend that appears on the bottom of Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and FAQ screens.
      a. Status: โœ…Fixed!.
      b. Ref: 11556

5. The menu focus is on Home when accessing a Show Detail screen from the Home screen instead of on Shows.
      a. Status: ๐Ÿ Will be fixed as part of a feed update coming to v. 3.12
      b. Ref: 11341

All Shows, SimulDubs, and Genre Screens:

1. Highest video quality missing from Shows listed on the SimulDubs screen.
      a. Status: โœ…Fixed!
      b. Ref: 11388

2. Shows that only have SVOD-availed videos do not appear in the list of Shows for Free or anonymous users.
      a. Status: ๐Ÿšฉ In progress.
      c. Ref: 12049

Search:

1. Some Shows have a TV-PG maturity rating instead of R on search results.

Show Detail:

1. Video progress wiped when user watches same language, but different version of same episode. For example, if you watch English/Simulcast and then watch English/Uncut, your progress for English/Simulcast is deleted.
      a. Status: ๐Ÿšฉ In progress. This was previously part of a larger issue and is just now what remains to be fixed.

2. Continue Watching does not play in default language when user has no watch history.
      a. Status: ๐Ÿšฉ Reported.

3. Changing the language in the player does not affect the default option in the Language dropdown in the video list. The default option should be what was watched if the user has watch history for that video.

4. Season names are not truncated in the video list if they are too long. They wrap to two lines and obscure the next option in the Season chooser.

5. Highest video quality is missing from video list metadata.
      a. Status: โœ…Fixed!.
      b. Ref: 11952

6. Production year is incorrect in video list metadata. It's the Show's production year instead of the video's original air date year.

7. Show Detail does not load under a certain scenario.
      b. We believe this issue to occur when a logged in user has every episode of a Show with a large number of episodes in their watch history. So far, this has been reported on One Piece, but the number that triggers the issue could be lower. If this is confirmed to be the cause, I will revise the description of this issue here.
      c. Ref: 13293

Player:

1. Changing the language in the player also changes the version. This only happens if you change the language from English to Japanese while watching English Uncut.
      b. Ref: 12428

2. After changing the language in the player, player marathons to video in previous language.
      b. Ref: 12436

3. Closed captions at 100% size are too small.
      c. Ref: 11944

4. Unable to marathon Shows that only have AVOD videos, like Le Chevalier or Peacemaker.
      a. Status: โœ… Fixed!

5. UI does not disappear completely when paused when user is anonymous.

6. Player becomes unresponsive after resuming from rest mode.
      a. Status: โœ… Fixed! You may need to reinstall the app if this issue is still happening.

My Queue:

1. Queue takes a long time to load when it contains more than 50 shows.
      a. Status: โœ… Fixed!

• Feature List & Updates

Coming soon.

Minimum Requirements

Coming soon.

Version History

Version 0.3.7 - August 14, 2017

• Public app launch.

Version 0.3.8 - August 31, 2017

• Queue is no longer limited to 50 Shows. It paginates.
    • The player no longer swaps the language to the previous language when marathoning between episodes if you change the language from the player. [Update] This fix was rolled back and should be fixed in v. 3.12.
    • Some Show Detail Hero images were too bright, which prevented the summary and other text from being read.

Version 0.3.8 - September 28, 2017 (feed updates)

• Highest video quality now appears in video list metadata on Show Detail.
    • Highest video quality, maturity rating, and production year now appear on each Show listed on the SimulDubs screen.

Version 0.3.12 - October 12, 2017

• Video player no longer becomes unresponsive over time after resuming from rest mode.
    • Version is now maintained when changing languages from the video player.
    • Added missing buttons to legend on Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and FAQ screens.
    • Disabled L1, R1, L2, and R2 during commercials. Previously, pushing any of these would play another commercial.

Version 0.3.12 - October 23, 2017 (feed updates)

• Closed caption & soft subtitle size issue has been fixed.
    • Language is maintained between episodes while marathoning after changing the language from the player.

The last 3.12 feed fix has not been deployed to the live app yet. I will update once it has been deployed and confirmed to be fixed.

• Tips & Troubleshooting

• When trying to watch shows from my Queue i.e. one piece the App takes about 2 seconds of loading and then crashes. At times the crash is so bad that it will take a relatively long time for the "Send Feedback" about the crash. My PS4 is working fine on everything else, I updated the App, and I reinstalled/updated the App yet the problems persist.

While I can't watch anything outside of the the new shows (Squares that show the video preview on home page) I can however watch all those without any interruptions and the App works fine in that area.

• @minxie101 Thank you for reporting. Could you please provide a bit more information, so that we can attempt to reproduce the issue?

If you try to select One Piece from search or from All Shows, does it load ok? You can sort the list by Show Name (A-Z) and then use R2 to skip to O to find it more easily.

If you select a video from One Piece from the Continue Watching carousel on the Home screen or from the Recently Watched carousel on the My Queue screen, does the player load?

• If I select continue watching from the Home screen as well as the My Queue screen it works fine. If I select from the all shows tab or the search tab it crashes, it doesn't load the black screen because there is no video so instead just goes to the purple/blue app background with the loading icon until it finally crashes.

I can tell when it is going to work because it loads the video instantly i.e. going to a black screen which is the start of the video.

I've tried multiple times by loading up different shows in my queue then going back to One Piece and still it continued to crash. There was one time that I did manage to load up the one piece page but I don't remember how since I couldn't duplicate it and tried random other ways to make it work which were all unsuccessful.

• Good day,
    I downloaded the Funimation Ps4 app yesterday. I hit start on the app and after about 10 seconds, I get "You have been disconnected from the network"
    Deleted the app, re-downloaded it. Same thing. I tried again today... same thing.
    Is there any issue happening at the moment?

• I am still having the same exact issue, not able to load up the One Piece page using any option. Every other link to other show pages works but not One Piece.

• I tried and works fine for me, may I ask if you have signed into your router to update your firmware? How old is your router? What type of router do you own? How new or old is it?

• Everything is up to date and working fine, I am 100% sure the problem is on Funimation's end and not my own. I actually responded to that in a email already with isp and my ip giving all that info. Not only that but there is no reason only one show would not work if it was on my end, I can use the rest of funimation problem free. I don't even have many of the problems other people were having with the App it is purely just One Piece that I can not load up outside of the new episodes that have the "preview video image" to click on the home tab.

• Any reason to why some episodes (only have seen one happen so far but I am sure there are more) just randomly change languages? I mean I am watching attack on titan, and season 1 episode 22 it changed languages but it says it's in english, so I go to change languages and japanese doesnt exist

• @bert1432
    Could you elaborate on "changing languages"? Is the language changing in the middle of playback? Is it changing while you are marathoning between episodes? If it's happening between episodes, there is a known issue listed in the OP that was fixed as part of the v. 0.3.8 update that might be what you are describing.

Could you please provide specific steps to reproduce the issue?

Example:

1. Go to Attack on Titan Show Detail
    2. Select Season 1
    3. Focus on Epsiode 22
    4. Select Uncut English from the selectors below.
    5. Select Episode 22 to play it.
    6. Observe that the language changes at xx:xx:xx.

• Version 0.3.8 of the app was deployed this morning. I have updated the known issues list with the fixes.

Of note:

• Queue is no longer limited to 50 Shows. It paginates.
    • The player no longer swaps the language to the previous language when marathoning between episodes if you change the language from the player. [Update] This fix was rolled back and should be fixed in v. 3.12.
    • Some Show Detail Hero images were too bright, which prevented the summary and other text from being read.

• I've noticed recently while using the app that some of the episode descriptions are still a bit too long, and tend to get cut off before they're finished. Is there anyway to make the text slightly smaller so that we can fit the entire description on the screen? Or are there any other options we could try?

• @minxie101 We just did an app update and are now on v. 0.3.8, and I was able to get to the One Piece Show Detail screen via Search. Could you please try again to see if you can get to it?

• I have had a problem with fafner and only farmer when I watch one episode its it English then the next goes to Japanese. I have then gone and switched the language to Japanese then back to english (did not work), tried playing in Japanese to see if it was in English (it wasn't), tried switching from uncut (its the only option) the only way I have gotten it to work is after every episode I have to close the app and restart it. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or the problem is?

Thank you

• @TwinStealth Which episode of Fafner did you start with? I'm going to try and reproduce this.

• @Sophie The problem still exists with just that One Piece. I had actually been able to watch One Piece via the continue option for a bit however when I ran out of English episodes and needed to start watching the Japanese ones it just died again. I think it was last week or the week before that I just stopped trying.

I actually had forgotten about it until I went back today to try. Since the PS4 app was updated I have had this issue and my PS4 is working flawlessly for every app as well as every game I own so it is clearly on the side of Funimation. When you have that feeling of just defeat because it is out of your hand it kinda sucks but at least I have a reason to start using Crunchyroll now.

• @minxie101 Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce the issue. I can access the One Piece Show Detail from All Shows, from Search, and from an Individual Genre screen. Am I reproducing the issue correctly? Is it that you can't load the One Piece Show Detail screen or is it that you can't launch videos from the One Piece Show Detail screen?

Since you can launch videos from the Continue Watching carousel, you could watch a video from the website in Japanese and then resume from the PS4 app as a workaround until we get this figured out.

• @Sophie Watching from the continue watching carousel is the only way I can watch one piece. I can't access the details from anywhere.