Violet Evergarden Spring 2018😡

• Netflix anime’s are pissing me off. First Fate/Apocrypha, now Violet Evergarden?!

Violet Evergarden is one of the most anticipated anime’s to be released on January 2018. It’s one of the most heart warming and exciting anime’s at Anime Expo 2017.
    0_1502089118498_IMG_3047.JPG

I know Netflix has a history with networks like Disney or Nickelodeon to show early episodes of popular shows. I’m not quite sure if this is the reason. but really? A whole 4 months waiting to watch an anime on Netflix?
    Crunchyroll sub and Funimation dub would’ve made this a great kickoff to 2018.

Thus, leading me to boycott Netflix and use that money for a California Burrito.

I highly recommend checking out the trailer for this show. I saw the actual anime at AX 2017, and it put me to tears.

Violet Evergarden Trailer

• I feel the same way. I actually would of been fine if Amazon had it since at least it would of been out the same time in Japan even if it was behind a double pay wall. That's why I believe a lot of people will just be watching it on illegal sites.

• @MidnightAoshi said in Violet Evergarden Spring 2018😡:

I actually would of been fine if Amazon had it since at least it would of been out the same time in Japan even if it was behind a double pay wall.

Personally I'm gonna have to agree to disagree with you on this one.

I'm of the opinion that Netflix is bad in short term, but great for long term. Bad in short term that they don't air currently airing seasonal licenses they acquire, and good in that once these titles are made available on Netflix, they're made regularly available around the world, in multiple languages for various fans to watch and discover these titles new and old.

Amazon feels bad in both short and long term. While they would simulcast a show, would have limited regions, no dubbed options of any kind, poor Quality Control, would actively delay posting certain episodes, sometimes maybe even missing certain episodes in the sequence, and that there would be no legitimately cheap way to watch their titles when they come out.

Point being: I'm annoyed at Netflix too, but in my mind it's the lesser of the two evils, even if it is frustrating on Netflix's part too.

I actually would of been fine if Amazon had it since at least it would of been out the same time in Japan

in some places0_1502127579124_L&L.png 0_1502127581259_PP.png 0_1502127583476_hito.png

• @classyspartan @Doublethree100 Honestly I didn't know any of that about Amazon. I only thought that they were just really bad in promoting their anime selection.

@classyspartan @Doublethree100 Honestly I didn't know any of that about Amazon. I only thought that they were just really bad in promoting their anime selection.

Oh no, from what Doublethree and everyone else have been reporting to me in the Spring and Summer 2017 Licensing Threads, Amazon's bad at literally everything else.

Netflix is bad at Simulcasting, but at least their service works.

• @classyspartan

So you're saying i should go back to Netflix.

This man really wants me to starve without Monthly (Used to be Netflix) California Burrito

• Well, Netflix only generally "steals" one non-produced title or so a season, and as long as it isn't a one u care about too much, no worries.

As for some of you I can imagine, how this could be a problem; if you happen to find yourself in the Netflix trap, of course...

• @Mrluis613 said in Violet Evergarden Spring 2018😡:

@classyspartan

So you're saying i should go back to Netflix.

This man really wants me to starve without Monthly (Used to be Netflix) California Burrito

Look man it's your cash you can do with it whatever you want with it.

I'm just explaining my stance, and definitely share your frustration.

Think I was mainly just disagreeing with @MidnightAoshi on how it would've been better if Amazon got Violet Evergarden. If you cancel your sub to boycott Netflix because of how they'll mistreat this title I get it. I just don't personally agree.

Enjoy your burritos mate (out of curiosity, you a Moe's, or a Chiptole?)

• Saying that they'll mistreat it far from the problem. It's the Wait and the Piracy. There's people like me who really wants to see it.
    I MEAN, LOOK AT HER!!!
    0_1502145865674_Violet-Evergarden-Anime-Commercial-2.jpg
    SHE'S A WORK OF ART!!!

Seeing this to be ruin by spoilers and tempted to piracy is the last thing anyone wants. I remember one thing the Director told us after the anime ended. "Violet is a child." He also said he wanted us to help raise Violet through that season. Seeing the show being filled with fansubs and bad video quality ruins the illusion! Netflix use to do after the airing of shows from Disney, but they kept airing them too early. Three weeks early. Now they want to do the "binge all of this", i don't like that either. if you see there shows and previous anime seasons you'll know that's true

Albertaco's is the best man. California Burritos are better than any Burrito. it's like eating nothing but silver and gold!

• I don't live in California myself so I wouldn't know so I'll take your word for it. And regardless I'm still gonna do my best to watch Violet Evergarden when it comes out. I wanna know what a KyoAni Grand Prize Winner actually looks like.