Dont Subscribe - Nothing works (ie roku and PS4) - no Support

• Dont Subscribe - Nothing works (ie roku and PS4) - no Support

After having 3-4 weeks of no access via roku and over a week a of no response from support beyond a canned reply not even bothering reading my request for help im cancelling - again.

No one should have to deal with this kind of rip off from a streaming service.

• ...the better headline is, dont use ps4/roku apps.

You shouldn't even own a Roku anyways, for other, uh "privacy" reasons. Better off with Amazon Fire TV.

Many alternatives out there. If you know how to cast a video from your Android/Iphone to your TV (including potentially a Roku), you can just use the website player, and it will display on TV.

...Although I image the PS4 app is priority 1 now, to be fixed...

• @eemissary I haven't been able to access it through the Xbox one app either for the past 3 days

• @eemissary said in Dont Subscribe - Nothing works (ie roku and PS4) - no Support:

Dont Subscribe - Nothing works (ie roku and PS4) - no Support

After having 3-4 weeks of no access via roku and over a week a of no response from support beyond a canned reply not even bothering reading my request for help im cancelling - again.

No one should have to deal with this kind of rip off from a streaming service.

Sorry to hear your having trouble eemissary. Can you explain what kind of issue you're having? (boot-up,log-in, crashing, all of the above?) Any additional feedback you can give us will help improve our services. Also, we are very excited for the new PS4 app that's in the works, it should be a lot more functional than the current version. Hang tight!

• @eemissary - Please check out the Roku status thread for all know Roku channel issues. There is a known issue where not all Roku models are supported, especially Roku 1's and some 2's. The issue is currently being investigated.

https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/13190/roku-channel-known-issues-updates

The brand new PS4 app will be available very, VERY soon.

• You weren't kidding about "VERY" soon, as I just got the 2.0 app downloaded. It is a HUGE improvement over the old version.

Full queue support, default PS4 text input functionality, significantly better control, and a massive UI improvement are simply wonderful.

I am having severe loading times and network disconnections frequently, but I'll assume that's due to the fact that this is brand spankin' new. However, the sheer amount of items being loaded into the home screen, for example (highlighted, queue, recently watched, genres, etc.) could be a contributing factor as well.

• Yay, I'm glad it's working for you. I've been concerned about the load times, and it sounds like that will need to be addressed.

I have not experienced the network disconnection error and am not experiencing it now, but I did see one other report about it. The new app only just got added to the PSN Store, so let's give it a little bit of time.

• @Rylocke said in Dont Subscribe - Nothing works (ie roku and PS4) - no Support:

However, the sheer amount of items being loaded into the home screen, for example (highlighted, queue, recently watched, genres, etc.) could be a contributing factor as well.

Yes, the Windows 10 *Mobile app suffers the same problem. It can take 15-25 seconds to load the main homepage; 10-15 seconds to load other pages, such as show pages. Else, the player itself works as expected.

Whereas Crunchyroll app is <5sec, if not near instantaneous. I believe the picture quality and size of the icons could be an issue for FUNimation, but IDK. Plus, the main page has other categories, to which it has to load like 10 pictures per subject (slice of life, scifi, simuldubs these things).

Finally, the 3 bar menu button disappears on non-homepage, making switching to different shows a very slow process.

"Technicals", indeed... And IDK last time they even updated the app; seems a bit abandoned at this point. "Low Priority".

In either case, an annoyance...

• Windows 10 is going to get a new app, so it's basically in the same position PS4 was in. I have requested to write requirements for it because I ๐Ÿ’– Surface, so give me your wishlist (in a new thread). ^_^

• @Sophie Is there anything I can do because I am receiving the disconnect error over and over.

• @aplaneswalker It's an issue on our end, so the only thing you can do is wait. :(
    However, the developers are working to fix. The issue appears to be service-wide, although it is mostly being reported by PS4 users.

I'll be updating the PS4 status thread as soon as they believe the issue to be fixed. https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/13972/playstation-4-app-known-issues-updates

You can also keep an eye on the FunimationHelp Twitter: https://twitter.com/FunimationHelp/

• The issue is resolved for me, along with the loading times. A+ on the new app!

• @Sophie

The only thing that matters, at least, is that the app can work on older builds of Win 10 (Such as "Anniversary Update"), especially mobile ones, or it be useless.

As you may know, Microsoft with the release of the "Creator's Feature Update", discontinued most of their (own) mobile devices. In other words, Microsoft Lumia phones such as mine, no longer recieve feature updates; the rest (security) probably suspended next year. Applies to desktops they thinks "cannot support it", as well. Win 10 most evil.

A controversial subject no doubt; in either case, hopefully FUNimation can avoid it.

As to a "wishlist of features"... IDK, would have to think about that, perhaps in time...

• Older builds might be an issue. It will depend on the devices that Microsoft supports and the number of people using each device. How far back do you recommend we try to go?

• @Sophie

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000825

This shows all the builds/patch notes for Win 10 in summary. The current build is the "Creators Update", 1703.

The "Anniversary Update", 1607, is what most of the old devices are running. Microsoft nerfed most of their own stuff, which means Surface tablets and Lumia that were not the "latest" (even though in many cases, using Windows Insider beta program, they worked fine in test by users). No longer are they supporting devices for 5-10 years like b4. If you buy a "cheaper" device, expect it to go byby by next feature update.

In Fall, the next feature update will be had. More stuff will be pushed off. Then next Spring, so on so forth....

Unless u are trying to do VR or something, no real reason an app cannot work on all versions of 10. Nevertheless, you should target backwards compatibility to build 1607; as if I remember, over 90%+ of devices have it, barring some commercial users. Whereas between that and now, big drop offs.

In other words, if the app doesn't work on the most devices, few will use it. Hell, few will use it anyways...

No matter...

• @thegrandalliance Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful.