THE END IS NEAR, YET AGAIN?!!?!!... For Amazon Strike, That Is...

Rejoice! The heathen Amazon army has been defeated! As rightfully noted by @Doublethree100 several hours ago:

@Doublethree100 said in Summer 2017 Anime U.S. & Canada Licensing/Streaming Rights:

I just went on HIDIVE and Sentai's shows are up in Canada! I checked and they work! I can finally watch the weekend shows on time!
    0_1501899223852_hidive.png

Edit: according to one of my followers on Twitter they are in the US too!

BTW, @Doublethree100 also broke the news on CR site as well, for more discussion if you care...

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-986991/anime-strike-amazon-possible-danger-to-anime-watching?pg=46#56501317

...this means Sentai titles that were Amazon only; forcing you to pay needlessly for Prime, have now been liberated. That even includes past season titles, such as Sword Oratoria. I tested it myself, to make sure it works in USA as indicated.

Assuming this isn't just some sort of "nasty glitch", we have been saved from the Amazon Oppression! Without Sentai, what does Amazon possibly have left as an (watchable) exclusive? The shame!.....

Now, as to whether Sony/FUNI had anything to do with this; Amazon gave up on trying to compete in US anime market, or was it fated for other reasons. The questions...

No matter, you heard it here first, the DOOM OF AMAZON, IT SHALL BE SO!....

LoL, I must admit the irony with my previously related threads, in either case...

• @thegrandalliance said in THE END IS NEAR, YET AGAIN!!!... For Amazon Strike, That Is...:

Assuming this isn't just some sort of "nasty glitch", we have been saved from the Amazon Oppression! Without Sentai, what does Amazon possibly have left as an (watchable) exclusive? The shame!.....

Having already got Animeism and Noitamina on lockdown I'm somewhat doubtful about Strike actually having a need for Sentai at this point. Either way, with web-only viewing along with no Paypal option makes HIDIVE even less attractive to me than strike.

@thegrandalliance said in THE END IS NEAR, YET AGAIN!!!... For Amazon Strike, That Is...:

@SpacemanHardy

Careful, less I need not report you for abuse of forum mod powers.

Please cite specific Terms of Service as to why you think otherwise...

There certainly seems to be an entirely different rule book in regards to how some users on this site are treated compared to others. I think you might just be on top of that sh*t list.

• @Rejectedshadow

Either way, with web-only viewing along with no Paypal option makes HIDIVE even less attractive to me than than strike.

Ahh, just the opposite for me. I hate Paypal. Reason never ended up using TAN. And Amazon video doesn't even work on Windows Phone, so...

Although, you are right to be concerned. Once you give then ur CC, there is no "delete" button. I tried sending them an email to delete the info. They just responded by saying "everything's fine and secure" nonsense.

I suppose I could have elevated my ticket, but no matter.

There are other creative ways you can pay, I suppose. Regardless, as to the apps, they are supposedly "working on them". At least Android/Iphone. The service is still considered to be "a beta".

So, in time of course. The key here is, no need for Prime. The double paywall. And, a *real catalog of titles as well. And, for international users, more access. Strike was limited to US.

And if u want to watch something ad supported, u can as well.

"Options"...

• Well balls.

So just checked this morning again to see and it seems that this was definitely in fact, a region coding glitch. As none of the shows that were available yesterday when I tried watching, nor the schedule showing off said titles are there anymore.

Consider myself pretty ticked off.

• Yup. Thanks Sentai for getting my hopes up :(
    0_1501952494973_sim.png

• And now you all know why I didn't want it becoming public knowledge.

Thank you. Thank you so much. -_-

• @SpacemanHardy pretty sure they can see stats from where shows are being watched and would have probably noticed. As people pointed out on Crunchyroll the flag on the top right was missing in the US so they probably screwed up all region stuff and I doubt it would have taken very long for people to notice.