crunchy to funi???

• I have both Funi and Crunchy. I have seen where Crunchy has gotten a mass of shows in sub from Funi. I know that there shows that have been dubed that are on Crunchy, but the only have the dubed for streaming. So will Funni start getting the dubed like Crunchy did the subed?

• are you asking if the small number of dubbed shows that Crunchyroll currently has will be moved over to funimation?

• and to clarify the opposite: About Half the shows that Funimation simuldubs per season are actually Crunchyroll titles.

• Many of the dubbed shows on Crunchyroll are actually sub-licensed by another localization company, like Discotek or NIS America, to CR, so it's likely those are excluded from the CR/FUNi partnership.

• So shows like Akame ga Kill!, Angel Beats!, Blue Exorcist, God Eater, or Parasyte the Maxim. Just to name a few. That is what I'm curious about.

• @malkiv13 Akame ga Kill, Angel Beats, and Parasyte will never be coming to Funimation as they are owned by Sentai Filmworks, a rival company. You can, however, watch those shows dubbed on Sentai's new streaming service HIDIVE.

As for Blue Exorcist, the dub is streaming on both Crunchyroll and Netflix, while God Eater's dub is currently unavailable but it slated to be coming to Hulu soon. There are no plans for either show to be coming to Funimation.

• @SpacemanHardy said in crunchy to funi???:

As for Blue Exorcist, the dub is streaming on both Crunchyroll and Netflix

Might as well add that this is the case for Blue Exorcist's first 25 episodes.

Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga is available subbed on Crunchyroll, while it sounds like the dub for that one is going to be exclusive to Hulu.

• @classyspartan said in crunchy to funi???:

@SpacemanHardy said in crunchy to funi???:

As for Blue Exorcist, the dub is streaming on both Crunchyroll and Netflix

Might as well add that this is the case for Blue Exorcist's first 25 episodes.

Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga is available subbed on Crunchyroll, while it sounds like the dub for that one is going to be exclusive to Hulu.

Yep, it was confirmed a while back that Hulu got the exclusive rights to quite a few Aniplex dubs (Blue Exorcist S2, Erased, and Asterisk War).