Better interface for the Queue/Watchlist

• This was recently inspired by a Mother's Basement video I watched a little while ago, but I would love if Funimation could update the watchlist/queue on their website with a better interface. Of the various streaming services I've used, I'd say Crunchyroll probably has the best in this regard.

0_1501365993601_CrunchyrollQueue.png

A couple of things I think would be interesting and worth potentially adding are:

• Shrinking the "box sizes" of the anime so you don't have to keep scrolling down and see more of the list on your screen.
    • Add a button that allows you to automatically an item to the top of the list.
    • Add a "show more info" button that allows you to see your current progress on the series in the same screen.
    • An ability to be able to give a series a rating from the queue.

• The shrinking of the "box sizes" aren't necessary. They just need to load your entire queue like Crunchyroll does. In addition having a button that allows you to automatically move a show to the top of the list. These are the most important "features" I'd say Funimation should improve. Everything else you suggested would also be nice.

• @sophie, is there any chance of the Queue list being potentially improved?

• @crimsonechidna Absolutely. In fact, I already have a list of things that I'd like add to it based on other user feedback and my own experience using the site to watch anime. Do you have any thing specific that you'd like to change about the current interface?

@lionheart08

Shrinking the "box sizes" of the anime so you don't have to keep scrolling down and see more of the list on your screen.

We should be able to do this. I might not be able to get the team to move completely away from the "zoomed-in-ness", but I think I can perhaps pitch an alternate view of My Queue.

@dereshka We can look into loading the entire list at once, but the reason why we lazy load it is because there would be huge latency issues for users with 100+ shows in Queue, and there are more users like that than you would think. It looks like CR does also lazy load, but they load in the rest of the Queue before the user starts scrolling, which actually is probably a better way to do it. You can tell because the scrollbar changes size as more shows load in to the list without scrolling through the list, but this is only noticeable when you have around 80+ shows in your Queue. We don't load in the rest of the list until the user starts scrolling.

Add a button that allows you to automatically an item to the top of the list.

I can get this added.

Add a "show more info" button that allows you to see your current progress on the series in the same screen.

This already exists, unless you are looking for the status of every video of that Show, which is what we had on the old site. The Queue currently displays the video that you should most likely watch based on your watch history for each Show in the list.

An ability to be able to give a series a rating from the queue.

Sure, we can add this.

• @Sophie said in Better interface for the Queue/Watchlist:

@crimsonechidna Absolutely. In fact, I already have a list of things that I'd like add to it based on other user feedback and my own experience using the site to watch anime. Do you have any thing specific that you'd like to change about the current interface?

I'm not sure how doable it is, but the ability to to manual select the Language and the Version (Simulcast/dub or Uncut) from the Queue would be pretty useful.

• @crimsonechidna It's reasonably doable, but would possibly take some lobbying, since the higher ups want to keep the UI simple. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't options.

Would this be when you are clicking to start a show from or Queue or also when resuming? I can look into it.

Currently, the Queue defaults language and version based on what you last watched the Show in. If the Show is not in your history then it's currently set to English/Uncut. Later, you will have a default language setting in My Account that will then become the default for this scenario.

Also, you can change language from the player right now, and you will be able to change version from it soon.

Is this all OK or would you prefer to also have the option to override the default language and version from Queue?

• @Sophie said in Better interface for the Queue/Watchlist:

eue defaults language and versio

I think the current system works well. I was just kind of throwing that additional feature out there.

I think the OP covered the main feature that I think would be really useful; a button to automatically push a show to the top of the queue. I feel like that would make organizing it way more efficient.

• @crimsonechidna Thanks! I agree.