Chances Funimation will get the Code Geass compilation films? (+Spinoff works)

• Yes yes, I know, there is no way to tell at this time. But it's fun to guess anyways.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-28/code-geass-compilation-film-trilogy-reveals-visual-teaser-video-dates/.119436

So, we're slowly getting more news on Code Geass, and I am not usually one for compilation films especially when I have the series but we're getting new scenes, and so I am totally cool watching the films just for this new content.

Now, last year I would have assumed there was no way Funimation would pay to license a compilation film, but after they decided to air the Attack on Titan films in theaters, suddenly I feel like there's a lot more of a possibility.

I am seriously hoping also that we get the spin offs, I will watch pretty much anything if Suzaku's in it.

• If its like Akito the Exiled and are awesome side storys with a little main series flair Im okay.

If its a retelling of the series and adding on I don't want it. I feel like the show ended off well and I don't see a point. Its not an incomplete series like Baccano or Spice and Wolf. Let Leleouch be Schrodinger's douche bag.

• @emdier said in Chances Funimation will get the Code Geass compilation films? (+Spinoff works):

Yes yes, I know, there is no way to tell at this time. But it's fun to guess anyways.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-28/code-geass-compilation-film-trilogy-reveals-visual-teaser-video-dates/.119436

So, we're slowly getting more news on Code Geass, and I am not usually one for compilation films especially when I have the series but we're getting new scenes, and so I am totally cool watching the films just for this new content.

Now, last year I would have assumed there was no way Funimation would pay to license a compilation film, but after they decided to air the Attack on Titan films in theaters, suddenly I feel like there's a lot more of a possibility.

I am seriously hoping also that we get the spin offs, I will watch pretty much anything if Suzaku's in it.

@emdier There mostly doing this so people can remember the old series. Before Code Geass Season 3 come out. But if Funimation does do it that would have to it done in LA because that would half to give the old cast back which mostly all that was done in LA.

• I know it's a reminder for people before the new season comes out, hence me relating it to the Attack on Titan compilation films. It may be a good idea, since it has been quite a long time since Code Geass originally aired.

@Queenira said in Chances Funimation will get the Code Geass compilation films? (+Spinoff works):

If its a retelling of the series and adding on I don't want it. I feel like the show ended off well and I don't see a point. Its not an incomplete series like Baccano or Spice and Wolf. Let Leleouch be Schrodinger's douche bag.

A big part of me really agrees with you, I am going in to this new series VERY cautiously as I am one of the people who really enjoyed the ending of Code Geass R2, but if it can be done properly I'm cool with getting more.

I mean, anything with more Suzaku and I'll flock to it like the fangirl sheep I am. I may complain about it while I do so, but I will flock.

alt text

• @emdier I mean if anything why no adapt the Suzaku counter attack manga at this point. I think the show is fine but honestly at this point Sunrise is already printing money with Love Live. I just feel like everything was so wrapped up in a neat, yet ambiguous, little bow.

Though Suzaku is a good choice in Code Geass husbando.