2017 MEN of MANLINESS - Round 3: Elias vs. Joseph

• alt text alt text alt text

Elias Ainsworth - The Ancient Magus' Bride vs. Joseph Joestar - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency

Please choose one of the two characters listed that you wish to see continue on in this tournament. Voting will stay open until 10 PM CST the following day.

Please post your vote, as well as the current score, after taking your vote into account. Be sure to clearly note who you are voting for by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote ONCE, and once you post you cannot change your vote. And DON'T try to cheat; I'll be watching.

Elias - 0
    Joseph - 0

• Elias - 1
    Joseph - 0

I am hardcore pushing for Elias this tournament!

Poor Elias, I realize he is going to truly have an uphill battle for this tournament as the anime is not yet released, other then the OVA which focus on our heroine Chise and he's not a big part of, but I am going to be fighting for my favorite skull headed sorcerer.
    alt text
    At first, we aren't sure what to make of Elias. He is terrifying to behold, with glowing demonic eyes and sharp, jagged fangs. He buys our heroine Chise from an auction, his intentions unclear and his words to her are,
    "Eyes forward, not on the ground. Keep your chin up and your spine straight."
    His immediate command for her to not cower, to take pride in herself and to not be afraid truly does set the tone for the series and what we are in store for.
    We learn he means to take Chise as his "bride" (Which, we later discover, isn't a concept he likely fully understands before too many people decide this is heading in to creepy territory) and an apprentice.
    Much like last years winner Korosensei, Elias is an amazing teacher. Endless patience, determination to protect his student in any way he can but is also ok allowing her to make mistakes and learn from them. He doesn't coddle her, nor treat her as a fool but as someone capable of being so much better then even she herself realizes.
    And in the end, he accepts her as a teacher in other ways too.
    alt text
    He is manly in ways other then bravado and pretty words. Elias is reserved, poised, polite and mysterious. Even so many volumes in to the series, we still do not truly understand his full back story and what, exactly, he is. Despite his collected outward appearance though, he is not immune to outbursts and we learn that he does not fully understand emotion, so his anger and jealousy tend to be a bit unpredictable at times, but he still keeps himself in check and does not allow things to go to far despite his obvious ability to do a lot of damage.
    His relationship with Chise is a complicated one. Sometimes teacher, sometimes parent, sometimes the child and sometimes vaguely romantic. He is fiercely protective and will do whatever it takes to keep her safe.
    alt text
    While Elias may be a bit different then most textbook examples of "manly", there is no doubt in my mind that Elias is deserving of the title.

• Elias - 1
    Joseph - 1

• Elias - 2
    Joseph - 1

• Elias - 3
    Joseph - 1

• I vote for Joseph Joestar Duh! Because he the Adult Version of Numbuh 1! And sound like a bad ass!

• Elias - 4
    Joseph - 2

• Elias - 5
    Joseph - 2

• Elias - 5
    Joseph - 3

• Elias - 6
    Joseph - 3

Spoiler Alert: Can't vote for a man who cheated on his wife.

• Elias - 6
    Joseph - 4

• Elias - 6
    Joseph - 5

• Elias - 6
    Joseph - 6